Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Iron man #600 spoilers and discussions

Okay so I just finished reading that issue.. basically:

AI tony narrates the whole time

Tony digs up Rhodes and brings him back to life in some form of the way he altered himself, so Rhodes is hairless like tony, though I guess his body didn’t decompose at all...not counting the giant hole in his stomach I assume where thanos punched him and they buried him in his armor?

Leonardo Da Vinci is setting up a new type of shield with blade and now we see miles and his family, which I guess ties up a loose end from his final arc in Spider-Man. We see reptil, striker and cloud 9 on a panel from avengers academy, they don’t speak just are seen training

Tony’s biological dad shows up not dead to confront Tony’s mom calls tony for him, he wants to kidnap tony

Parker Robbins wants to take control of starks company to control influence so he forcibly tries to have majority holder/board member sign everything over to him at gunpoint, I’m sure that contract would hold up in court

Doom shows up to stop him with his doom bots, tony and Rhodes show up, tony is confused why doom is dressed like him

Doom takes Parker high in the air, Hood says doom inspired him to think bigger and take over stark’s Company, doom apparently cheats by causing a spell not meant for mortals. Hood’s demon hand is seen gripping dooms face then it fades to black.

Jump back to parents and my shows up with a gun and before shooting to only injure his dad looks at mj and goes “wait I know you” not sure if that will ever be addressed. He then summons hydra g]agents to swarm the area

Riri and this new shield squad of iron buddies miles and blade, and cable (cable is in one panel show up to defeat them, tony and Rhodes show up, his mom says this is your dad, Riri says this is da Vinci

For some reason hulk, ms marvel, and Vic are in a panel. Presumably they Helepd but you’d ee them mid air jumping but that’s it never seen again.

We jump back to doom who is bloody and injured and has cast some spell to restore castle doom, no sign of hood

We jump back to AI tony basically listing all the loose ends Bendis couldn’t tie up before he left literally saying “what will happen with Tony’s day, Leonardo da Vinci, dooms baby, riri”

Then we jump to “the future” we see Eva Bell, a mustant time traveler and can slow down and and stop time. She goes into the sanctum Santorum and we see Kurt? She asks if he remembers her and he says yes. She asks to see the doctor saying “I need to see HER” Kurt seems confused that she said her and corrects her by using him, she freaks out saying “She’s not a her” and we see tony as the sorcerer supereme

This overall felt like a hot mess to me, Bendis flopped with the final arc for miles and now this. So much was left in the air from the entire run and he’s even setting things up in this final arc. It was just bad in my opinion. I would be totally fine if Slott almost ignored Bendis’s entire run.
    Last edited by Bossace; 05-23-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt this way. Like how long was war machine dead then since his body didn't decompose? I really didn't like the new Shield honestly and I'm wondering if Tony becoming the New Sorcerer Supreme will stick

IDC IDC IDC STRIKER, CLOUD 9, AND REPTIL (unless that's Hulkling) MADE AN APPEARANCE SO IM GAME!!!

Typical Bendis, ends a run without ending the run.

Mighty Member

Can't fail to stick the landing if you just...never land? or in this case your ending cant be bad if there isn't one. lol

Amazing Member

his dad looks at mj and goes “wait I know you” not sure if that will ever be addressed
    Bendis used that joke before. It's because she was a super model and actress.

I would love to know how long time Iron Man fans felt about this run. Was my first Iron Man run and my third comic book. I'll give Bendis a break because he was sick and left for DC. And thanks to his Ultimate Spider Man I'm a comic fan now. But wow... No resolution at all in any plot. Just War Machine. I think that looking to another way,, it's good because things are open to Slott and Marvel to explore. They can keep the supporting cast, keep Doom as a good guy, work with Leonardo new Shield. All of this is easy to Slott to let it go or keep.

But somethings like Doom/Amara and her baby and Tony's parents both alive are things that Marvel just can't ignore. They are too big. I'm still not like MJ and Amanda, I hope Slott forget about both. But I hope he sometimes remember of Riri. The whole adoption for me it's unecessary. I was just a movie/cartoon fan, so was amusing and egdy to me see how Howard Stark, a biological father, was abusive towards Tony. Something that made Tony Stark unique in my eyes.

this sounds really good. glad rhodes is back but tony is definitely playing mad scientist in a concerning way.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    IDC IDC IDC STRIKER, CLOUD 9, AND REPTIL (unless that's Hulkling) MADE AN APPEARANCE SO IM GAME!!!
    Same here great minds think alike lol ����

While it’s great that Bendis brought Rhodey back, you don’t get points for fixing the toys you pointlessly broke in the first place. Also seems the ominous nature of AI Tony went nowhere in the end.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    While it’s great that Bendis brought Rhodey back, you don’t get points for fixing the toys you pointlessly broke in the first place. Also seems the ominous nature of AI Tony went nowhere in the end.
    I thought there was originally solicits earlier In the run that originally stated he was starting to turn on humanity. I feel like they developed it some and Friday noticed it but they just dropped it. I assume because Bendis was leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Very true....

BANNED

I've already said as much in the Doom thread but I feel that #600 had a very poor presentation. All those red text boxes made it hard to read, plus it didn't help that the pacing was garbage. Too much happened and the story never gets time to breathe. Any one of these 'revelations' deserved a whole issue in their own right. Instead everything is cramed together, all the more galling since the previous issues accomplished next to nothing.

i'm just glad rhodey is back.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i'm just glad rhodey is back.
    Me and my brother are too.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

I honestly don't think bendis planned on this story ending here.

I think the DC deal went through because he got made with someone/something at Marvel and it caused him to have to cut his run short, on top of the fact that he was in he hospital AND having to work on like, what, 3 different DC books?