Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
I doubt that Bendis collaborated with Hickman. Even the reintroduction of Davinci seems spur of the moment. Just look at how random the recruitment drive for the new SHIELD played out. Reptil just suddenly up and around. Blade as a courier. Maddison Jeffries... just the kind of stuff I would expect from Bendis. All he cares about is putting his personal stamp on things. Doesn't pay any attention to existing continuity or the impact it will have on future storytelling. Anyone who wants to use SHIELD will now have to use his handpicked characters. Why Jeffries and not Forge? Never mind...
It doesn’t appear there is any connection between Bendis mentioning Davinci, and Hickmans SHIELD at this stage (we’ll wait for SHIELD #6 just to make sure), because like you say Bendis choice of SHIELD agents seem rather random, to me, and of little consequence. Bendis is gone from Marvel and I don’t see the significance of his choices here. I think any writer who picks up on that thread should just ignore that Davinci reference and just do it his way, but this might be editorial making Bendis do this because the next writer dictated to him? We’ll see.