Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Glad Rhodey is back but this was one of the worst comics I have ever read. So much wasted dialogue. Every word from A.I. Tony was annoying. No one talks like this.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

See ya never, Bendis. Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    See ya never, Bendis. Brutal.
    The DC fans have my pity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Don't know if you read the end of AC 1000 but I can already feel the bendis-ening approaching.

Incredible Member

all of Bendis' final arcs and final issues were hot garbage. I can see some of his fans argue "but he was recently sick so it's understandable." But frankly he lost it lost again. Possibly around the Seige storyline or just after.

The only good things about this is that Rhodes is back and that hopefully The Hood wanking will stop now.

Onwards to see how Rhodes deals with Frank wearing the War Machine armor. Should be good!!!

Yeah let's see how Rhodes deals with Frank wearing the War Machine armor that Rhodes was buried in but Frank got from Nick Fury Jr **eye roll**

Modern Marvel continuity sucks. Hard.

Some of the dialogue in this book is without a doubt the worst I have ever read in my entire life.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I can see his Superman run now. Starts off strong, starts ignoring continuity, random crap, brings back Ma Kent to life before he dips.

BANNED

While I agree this wasn't a great issue - although the art throughout was stellar - I don't think it's necessarily fair to slag Bendis for not sticking the landing. People seem to ignore the fact that neither this nor Miles' last issue were initially intended to be final issues. Bendis was going to keep writing both books and had no intention of wrapping up his runs so abruptly.

Jessica Jones was intended to be a last issue so, naturally, of all of Bendis' Marvel books, that had the most satisfying finish. But Defenders, Spider-Man and Iron Man were all halted essentially in mid-story so of course none of those titles felt like they had a proper end. Bendis had to wrap up his end of things on these books while still leaving things at a point where the next creative team could pick up from without too much baggage to deal with.

At the very least, I'm glad that Rhodey is back. I expected that he'd come back under Slott but now that's one less thing for Slott to have to set up.

Yeah let's see how Rhodes deals with Frank wearing the War Machine armor that Rhodes was buried in but Frank got from Nick Fury Jr **eye roll**

Naw, it is just what Bendis does. He never has cared about continuity and always thinks HIS continuity trumps everyone elses.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

I don't think it's too hard to say there was more than one armor.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw, it is just what Bendis does. He never has cared about continuity and always thinks HIS continuity trumps everyone elses.
    Rhodes was wearing different armor, AND had a hole in his torso, AND the War machine armor was wrecked, and all of that happened in a book that HE wrote.

At this point I would say bendis doesn't even care about his own continuity, he's all about the here and now regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I can see his Superman run now. Starts off strong, starts ignoring continuity, random crap, brings back Ma Kent to life before he dips.
    If his Iron Man run is anything to go on, that’ll all happen in the span of the first 2 arcs.

BANNED

I can understand why Bendis brought back War Machine, but why can't the same thing be done for Happy Hogan ?