Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I can see his Superman run now. Starts off strong, starts ignoring continuity, random crap, brings back Ma Kent to life before he dips.
    YEAH, DC BETTER KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON BENDIS TO MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T MESS UP SUPERMAN TOO MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I honestly don't think bendis planned on this story ending here.

I think the DC deal went through because he got made with someone/something at Marvel and it caused him to have to cut his run short, on top of the fact that he was in he hospital AND having to work on like, what, 3 different DC books?
    I don't care. He had 30-something pages of text here. He could've just tied up loose ends instead of creating new ones with da Vinci and the new SHIELD thing. Bendis Is just the worst and I'm so glad he will never write a character I'm interested in ever again

Quote Originally Posted by Ana View Post

I would love to know how long time Iron Man fans felt about this run.
    It's the worst run of Iron Man to date, even including the Teen Tony era.

Incredible Member

This was a horrible read - the use of a constant narrator (AI Tony) to deliver tell us what is happening is textbook of what not to do - Show Don't Tell. It doesn't help either that the tone its delivered in, the 'snarky Tony' speak, grates on me in the way that only Bendis-speak can.

In Bendis' run, we get:

1. The pointless introduction of his birth mother, who we know nothing about but are supposed to feel fond of for her spunkyness! No nonsense attitude!. And then we receive exposition that she was a SHIELD agent, that she got with a Hydra agent but she killed him. But wait, now the birth dad is not dead but is alive. And he has plans! But, he has no characteristics besides being old, being supposedly evil, and for feeling betrayed.
    So in essence, Bendis has introduced two IMPORTANT characters, but have little organic development and seem to exist just to give Tony future storylines without moving the plot forward.

2. Due to Bendis (Civil War 2), Rhodey is dead at the hand of Thanos; Tony is in a coma from fighting Captain Marvel. However, as Bendis lays out, Tony was supposed to die, but is alive because of his prior experimentation with his DNA (even though this is a crazy random idea, there is the precedent in Extremis, yet Bendis does not reference that). Therefore, as it is explicitly laid out, Tony recovers and is alive again explicitly because of his prior experimentation. And somehow, he can use these ideas to resurrect Rhodey!!?? I would accept it if it was established that Rhodey already had some genetic manipulation, but to do the manipulation AFTER Rhodey is dead to PREVENT him from succumbing to life threatening injury!?? I can't accept that at all.

3. Introduction of Riri, and following Doctor Doom. I will give Bendis props in that - he made Riri an interesting well developed character, and had the plot flow organically from her first introduction onwards. Doctor Doom had an interesting air of mystery - while his dialogue and conversations never rung true to me, the story arc piqued my curiosity. The only reason I kept up with this current arc was because I was interested in Riri and Doctor Doom. I ended up being half satisfied - I've always liked Hickman's SHIELD and Da Vinci, so its amazing that Riri will be involved with that. As for the Doom side of things - nothing is resolved at all. No answers to his motivations or what he was up to. Its even unclear what exactly happens to him. Is his face scarred again now following his battle? And what is the purpose of that?

So in essence, only one of the characters I was interested in (Riri) had reasonable plot development, and conclusion while also setting up for the future. Every other character had plot motivated actions without providing any answers. Definitely a frustrating read.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I can understand why Bendis brought back War Machine, but why can't the same thing be done for Happy Hogan ?
    I don’t understand how that even worked when Tony doesn’t even know what modification saved his life. And on top of that, Rhodey had a hole blown through his chest, he wasn’t on the verge of death, he was long gone. At least if Bendis had used Extremis to explain it it could have made some sense but here we now have the question of why Tony doesn’t apply the ‘everybod Gets 1’ idea to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t understand how that even worked when Tony doesn’t even know what modification saved his life. And on top of that, Rhodey had a hole blown through his chest, he wasn’t on the verge of death, he was long gone. At least if Bendis had used Extremis to explain it it could have made some sense but here we now have the question of why Tony doesn’t apply the ‘everybod Gets 1’ idea to this.
    I wonder if it's still canon that Rhodey was in a cloned body when he died. I loved that Dark Reign War Machine book despite him being a cyborg. the character really got to cut loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t understand how that even worked when Tony doesn’t even know what modification saved his life.
    What makes you think that? He was doing a bunch of laboratory work, so presumably he understood it well enough to make the attempt. It may have been experimental, but he clearly understood it all well enough to perform the experiment.

but what's really important is that Doctor Doom got b-slapped by the Hood. how long before they doombot that one away?

I'm just glad this is over
    We need better comics

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

I find it hilarious that Bendis couldn't even end the issue with something original but just reprinted a couple pages from an X-Men Annual he did.

This issue took me completely by surprise.

I'll admit I mostly picked this up because I hear Blade was in it. Truth be told I hadn't really been reading this run, but it seemed like fun. Got some typical Bendis dialogue. Tony and Rhodey broing it up.

I have no idea what the heck was goin on with Doctor Doom, but him getting beat down by the Hood was a real surprise. IS he still Dormamu powered? I always thought the character had potential. When did he comeback anyways? I thought Bendis pretty much took him all the way down back in his Avenger run days.

Someone is going to need to explain that Sorcerer Supreme part at the end to me..........and everything with Tony's parents. Other than that Leonardo Da Vinci teaming up with Blade and the others seemed pretty cool. So yeah I kind of liked it.........despite not reading most of this run. I think I read like 4 to 6 issues before this one. I know I read the other issue that Blade randomly showed up.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    IDC IDC IDC STRIKER, CLOUD 9, AND REPTIL (unless that's Hulkling) MADE AN APPEARANCE SO IM GAME!!!
    Why's he blue with purple hair?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I have no idea what the heck was goin on with Doctor Doom, but him getting beat down by the Hood was a real surprise. IS he still Dormamu powered? I always thought the character had potential. When did he comeback anyways? I thought Bendis pretty much took him all the way down back in his Avenger run days.
    he never really left. he broke out of prison and got ahold of the infinity gems in New Avengers (fixed Madame Masque's face with them).

then he formed his own Illuminati (Titania, Thunderball, Mad Thinker, Enchantress, and Black Ant) in a short-lived series. they robbed Asgard and infiltrated Pleasant Hill for a recruitment drive (which is probably how he got his gang back).

then he found some norn stones and went up against Diamondback (retro Luke Cage foe).

that catches us up to the Iron Man stuff.

oh yeah I forgot about the Infinity Gem story. didn't realize the other stories happened tho. Thanks for the info
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I'm just glad this is over
    You're not the only one my friend.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark