Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    was really Mephisto who hit Doom

through the hand of Hood
    Exactly. Bendis makes it pretty obvious that this isn't the Hood in this panel where the entity, and I think we can agree that it is Mephisto, says he is borrowing a "mortal skin". Can't see how anyone would miss that. The demon that Robbins got his cloak from got his powers from Dormammu and I can't recall it being brought up since. Bendis has a tendency to either throw the Hood or Mephisto at Doom and it's even more obvious from the full page monologue where he talks about Doom's mother teaching him magic. And why would the Hood say to Victor during the fight that he was using spells that are forbidden to mortals

Again, why would the Hood say to Victor during the fight that he was using spells that are forbidden to mortals?

Of course, with this being Bendis, it does come out of left field and one is left wondering just when Mephisto possessed the Hood. It may have been all Mephisto all along in the Invincible Iron Man appearances.

Speaking of Bendis and his dialog, when you have Mephisto and now Leonardo da Vinci speaking with the same mannerisms as everyone else you know he's just not even trying. It's probably just as well that Victor doesn't have much dialogue in this.

At least we got rid of half of the so-called real parents of Tony but there's still one to go.

The entire bit about him bringing Rhodey back to life was handled so badly as others have mentioned. The body should have been seriously decomposed. So I guess now he reboots bodies to life.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-25-2018 at 12:17 PM.

If you read the Illuminati series, the Hood made a deal with a demon to repower himsef. He was also given a swanky base that existed in what appeared to be a hell dimension. Trade off was that he lost his "wife" and child. And he seemed to be recruiting supervillains without the full disclosure of them all basically signing with a demon.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-25-2018 at 12:06 PM.

"Parker Robbins is a vessel" and the reference to "mortal skin" makes it clear that Parker Robbins is not even in possession of his own mortal form since it is being "worn" by something or someone else. Mephisto recently appeared as Reed in Infamous Iron Man also so it's merely another attempt to derail Doom's attempts at redemption.

Mephisto was taken out by Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider and co in Las Vegas he is currently imprisoned. Thanks to the new king of the underworld.

It can’t be Mephisto going by Marvel canon and the time this is occurring
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Mephisto was taken out by Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider and co in Las Vegas he is currently imprisoned. Thanks to the new king of the underworld.

It can be because - Bendis.

It definitely is an out of nowhere reveal that the Hood is just a vessel for some other entity who seems to have it out for Victor. While in the hands of another author, or maybe even if Bendis had a much longer run to flesh out the story, this reveal would have felt like an earned, shocking twist. It would have felt meaningful since it would cause us to retroactively analyze his previous appearances in the arc for clues. As it stands, this reveal was not earned. The Hood's behavior the entire time was consistent with his previous appearances (also written by Bendis), right down to the dialogue style. There were no clues or suggestion for this reveal to land as a shocking twist.

There was that link to the ign article by a previous poster relating how the comic was supposed to be more in line with the MCU RDJ version of Tony Stark, but was derailed by Civil War 2, and then the rapid end of Bendis' run on Iron Man doesn't help either. I think this issue 600 was something that should have played out over several more issues, but I don't think Bendis would have given us good answers and character development even if he had stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Thanks....haven't been keeping up with that. But maybe neither has Bendis. IIRC, the only reason Parker got the cloak was because the demon he came across got killed. I guess it could be Dormammu. But it certainly wasn't Parker Robbins in there since the entity was referring to him as the mortal skin he was wearing. Something that was seeking control of the planet through Stark since he grabbed him and said "Let me get in there, Stark". Trust Bendis to make a confusing mess of things I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    It can be because - Bendis.

It definitely is an out of nowhere reveal that the Hood is just a vessel for some other entity who seems to have it out for Victor.
    it's not out of nowhere. If you read BKV's original Hood series, the demonic entity (one of the Nissanti) was always there. when he needs it, that demon takes over. and I don't think Dormammu "has it out" for Doom. Doom attacked his minion. the Hood was after Tony Stark's company. he wanted influence. and whatever demonic entity is sponsoring Parker would benefit from that influence. I really do not see Mephisto's hand in this. I posted that picture up there because he invokes Dormammu. he tried to go it alone and ended up depowered (during Dark Reign). then Loki helped him out with the norn stones. ever since then, the Hood has been trying to regain his power. seems like he ended up crawling back to Dormammu.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-25-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    "Parker Robbins is a vessel" and the reference to "mortal skin" makes it clear that Parker Robbins is not even in possession of his own mortal form since it is being "worn" by something or someone else. Mephisto recently appeared as Reed in Infamous Iron Man also so it's merely another attempt to derail Doom's attempts at redemption.
    he didn't come for Doom. he came for Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he didn't come for Doom. he came for Stark.
    That's what I said in Post #82....that this demonic unnamed entity wanted to gain control of the planet through Stark....but his focus had been on Victor up until #599. What Bendis doesn't make clear if for how long was this entity in control? Wasn't the hood scooped up with the rest of the hoodlums earlier? They all later escaped but at some point Parker Robbins was taken over. Bendis doesn't make it clear when. For a while he was babbling about getting all of Doom's gold, then it turned into taking over Stark's company.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's what I said in Post #82....that this demonic unnamed entity wanted to gain control of the planet through Stark....but his focus had been on Victor up until #599.
    i'll take your word on it. I'm not going to read that stuff. from reviews on this site, I got the impression that going after Doom was Parker's personal vendetta (not the demonic entity). Dormammu/Mephisto/Whomever is the Hood's sponsor. Hood going after Doom was because of his assault on the supervillain community. they are going after him on principle. the demon who repowered him wouldn't care about something so petty. it may have put it in the Hood's head to go after Stark's company. that's about increasing his powerbase. it's a Banner-Hulk situation (that demon makes its presence known when Parker loses his head). because there isn't an Infamous Iron Man title any longer, they've had to scrunch everything together. so Victor shows up in time to thwart the Hood's plan for Stark's company. but I think the crux of this demonic entity's beef with Doom is him harming his pawn. Mephisto would have come directly for Doom; probably through Amara.

i'll take your word on it. I'm not going to read that stuff. from reviews on this site, I got the impression that going after Doom was Parker's personal vendetta (not the demonic entity). Dormammu/Mephisto/Whomever is the Hood's sponsor. Hood going after Doom was because of his assault on the supervillain community. they are going after him on principle. the demon who repowered him wouldn't care about something so petty. it may have put it in the Hood's head to go after Stark's company. that's about increasing his powerbase. it's a Banner-Hulk situation (that demon makes its presence known when Parker loses his head). because there isn't an Infamous Iron Man title any longer, they've had to scrunch everything together. so Victor shows up in time to thwart the Hood's plan for Stark's company. but I think the crux of this demonic entity's beef with Doom is him harming his pawn. Mephisto would have come directly for Doom; probably through Amara.
    Bendis did kind of shoehorn Victor's story in there even with all those pages, a lot of which were redundant. Did we really need a whole page of Tony's A.I. talking about Doom's mother? Is he a psychiatrist now? Besides, it really goes against what we know from Stan and Jack. Victor never knew about his mother's dangerous connections with the dark arts until AFTER his father died and he found her trunk of arcana among his parent's belongings. But I don't expect Bendis to get much right these days.

I'm just glad that Amara wasn't included in this. And how in the wide world of sports does Tony's A.I know all this future stuff? He knows that they are expecting a boy.

on another note, I wonder if Amara is based on actress Imali Perera.

Hard to tell. She changed from David Marquez's version to Alex Maleev's. She looked younger to me in her first appearance.

Amazing Member

on another note, I wonder if Amara is based on actress Imali Perera.
    I read somewhere Deodato's version was based in a brazilian actress named Juliana Paes.