Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

We don’t need stupid cutesy pets in this book. It’s not a Tom Taylor comic.

I like the scene for what it was. And it’d be more interesting if in the coming scene Vic tries to reintroduce the cub to another pride and they kill it. Full circle symbolism.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

The Sabertooth/tigers bit was 1,000% stupid. Just bad, lazy storytelling. It's baffling people are going to bat for it.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    We don’t need stupid cutesy pets in this book. It’s not a Tom Taylor comic.
    Neither was Exiles, but that team has Wolvie. I like Wolvie. Gabby I am not the least interested in, and having to pick, I prefer animals over children. The latter are rarely cute, and more annoying than anything. Only a few exceptions where kid characters are actually cute.

But Weapon X is set for animals, because Domino's dog will be here already. I would've prefer the tiger to that lol At least a tiger would grow up & be dangerous. Can't say for the fugly puppy.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-23-2018 at 01:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Neither was Exiles. But they got Wolvie. I don't mind him. Gabby I am not the least interested in, and having to pick, I prefer animals over children. The latter are rarely cute, and more annoying than anything.

But Weapon X is set for animals, because Domino's dog will be here already. I would've prefer the tiger to that lol
    Animals and children generally fill the same role in fiction and gay households.

Tbh Domino doesn’t belong in what this book’s becoming either. They should replace her with Spiral, Mystique, etc. And bring in Sage to keep them all on a leash.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Animals and children generally fill the same role in fiction and gay households.

Tbh Domino doesn’t belong in what this book’s becoming either. They should replace her with Spiral, Mystique, etc. And bring in Sage to keep them all on a leash.
    Mystique may be in it, then I'm gonna have to bail because the last thing I want is her coming in & Pak forcing her back into a relationship with Creed. And they're gonna get paired up as a couple if they're in the same book.

Keep Mystique away from Creed, please!!! Any other member they wanna bring in, fine. But I don't wanna see Creed being Mystique's cuckold sidekick again.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-23-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I meant luring the tigers in and then killing them all. The scene was supposed to show him as heroic cause he goes back to help Omega but it loses the effect when he butchers the very same tigers he used as a trap.

The baby tiger was fine and cute and I want one lol
    But even Inverted!Sabretooth doesn't really care about animals. His heroics and savagery seem to kind of blend in that scene. He had every intention on using those tigers to kill Red, but then he felt the need to save him after his blood-curdled screams. He couldn't just not kill them. But I kind of see what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    The Sabertooth/tigers bit was 1,000% stupid. Just bad, lazy storytelling. It's baffling people are going to bat for it.
    It's amazing that people are actually putting so much dirt on this scene? Bad/lazy storytelling? I-

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

The last time there was a pet in X-Force, she ate Warren Worthington's wings. I doubt this book will go there. Instead, it will simply dabble in casual animal cruelty.

Please Pak don't ruin this!

If Sabretooth was as great as he thinks he is then he and to an extent Omega could have easily subdued the tigers without killing them. Hell, Omega's whole thing is draining lifeforce. He could drain only enough to tucker them out and Creed could knock them unconscious.

Guess Logan IS better than him after all ;-)
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm more disturbed by the idea Omega Red thinks that the X-Men only ever fought him because he doesn't "fall in line & obey."
    It's actually an excellent expression of how deluded and entitled and remorseless Omega Red really is, that he thinks he's the wronged party here. Really demonstrates what a sociopath he is, and if his point had been made by someone who wasn't a sadistic serial killer before he became a (post-)Soviet super-soldier with life-draining abilities, maybe it would have made more sense. Given the things that a lot of X-Men members have done in the past, some more recently than others, and yet been given a chance to atone for, it could maybe be argued, if you take away the de facto expectation that the X-Men are the good guys, that the X-Men are self-serving hypocrites, but then you could say the same about the Avengers and their own membership's checkered pasts. Despite that argument, Omega Red attempting to claim any sort of moral high ground or call out any hypocrisy on the X-Men's part does fall flat when one recalls what a vicious, murderous sadist he really is.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    lol Domino adopted a puppy. Creed got a tiger.
    And X-23 has a honey badger lol.

Spectacular Member

No, Jonathan is a Wolverine , they are a DIFFERENT species of Animal.

Unless, you were referring to Gabby, who is a sister/sidekick, not a pet

This issue exceeded my expectations. I was honestly considering dropping this series from my pull list before this arc. But the last few issues, especially this one, has let me to reconsider. I'm really liking this new plot with Omega Red, Sabretooth, and Old Man Logan. It feels like Weapon X is really evolving. Hope the next issue brings more Lady Deathstrike, though.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This issue exceeded my expectations. I was honestly considering dropping this series from my pull list before this arc. But the last few issues, especially this one, has let me to reconsider. I'm really liking this new plot with Omega Red, Sabretooth, and Old Man Logan. It feels like Weapon X is really evolving. Hope the next issue brings more Lady Deathstrike, though.
    Pak said she had a big story coming in chapter 22.

Well, I have greatly enjoyed the las couple of issues. My favorite member of the team has been Omega Red.

I haven't been reading the series before these last few issues. From skimming the review threads, I have gathered that some readers don't like the way Domino is being written. Was she written a lot differently in this story than she was in earlier issues? She reads as havin more or less to have the same personality in these last two issues as she does in her solo comic to me. I do hope she leaves when the new team forms. I cant see her working with these kinds of killers just for money that she could get doing other merc jobs.