Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I have a question of which I doubt anyone knows the answer. I do remember the X-Men fought the Femme Fatales decades ago (in real time).

But searching via wikipedia, Google and marvel wiki did not find when that was.

In that time Snakewhip had another codename; Whiplash and Viper and Saphire were not part of the team.

Does anyone here remember that fight and knows when that happened?
    Hmm, according to Wikipedia, the X-Men never battled the Femme Fatales until this comic. Their first appearance, at least as a team, was in Amazing Spider-Man #340 by Erik Larsen and David Michelinie, and they were hired by the Chameleon to kidnap or assassinate someone, only to be thwarted by Spider-Man, which earned him their enmity until they were defeated again by him with the help of the Black Cat, even though they'd teamed up with veteran Spider-Man villains Scorpion and Tarantula. Afterward, they joined up with Superia's Femizons and took on Captain America and Paladin in Captain America #389-392, though following that, they seemed to split up, with Bloodlust and Whiplash (renamed Snakewhip here) showing up in Captain America #411-413 for the A.I.M. Weapons Expo.

The whole team then vanished into obscurity until Civil War, where Mindblast teamed up with Hammerhead in the tie-in comic War Crimes and Bloodlust was revealed to have lost her mutant powers in the wake of Decimation. Then a decade later, Bloodlust and Mindblast reappeared in the Avengers Standoff arc as duplicate Maria Hills used by Kobik to try to keep the Avengers away from Pleasant Hill. That's the sum total of their appearances in comics, apparently, though they did show up in Ultimate Marvel as antagonists for the All-New Ultimates, a team of young heroes assembled in the wake of Cataclysm that had Spider-Man (Miles Morales) as one of its members.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 05-29-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

This wolverine return tie-in was the best out of the four miniseries tie-in.

Rogue taken out so easily by brute force is unreasonable, Storm is not invulnerable to psychic attacks. Chatty Jubilee keeping quiet most of the time is uncharacteristic.

Art was not great but good enough.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

This was my favorite X-Men issue in a long time. Just really solid writing all around, great flashback scenes.

Kitty going after Magneto so confidently felt a bit weird to me. What exactly would Magneto need with Logan's body? Also, I hated seeing my girls get beaten by a bunch of d-listers. That always hurts.

Regarding Domino, Kitty is right not to trust her. Storm and Psylocke sticking up for her makes sense because they've both worked with her on Utopia's Security Team after Schism but even they know she's still out for herself and money over anything. I'm hoping we get a nice dialogue between Kitty and Dom next issue that clears up once and for all how Domino is viewed in the X-Men because it has been a bit inconsistent over the years. I remember during Second Coming, she had a seat at the table when all hell was breaking loose but her role diminished after that.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

I really liked this.
    I thought all the characterisations were great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    This was my favorite X-Men issue in a long time. Just really solid writing all around, great flashback scenes.

Kitty going after Magneto so confidently felt a bit weird to me. What exactly would Magneto need with Logan's body? Also, I hated seeing my girls get beaten by a bunch of d-listers. That always hurts.

Regarding Domino, Kitty is right not to trust her. Storm and Psylocke sticking up for her makes sense because they've both worked with her on Utopia's Security Team after Schism but even they know she's still out for herself and money over anything. I'm hoping we get a nice dialogue between Kitty and Dom next issue that clears up once and for all how Domino is viewed in the X-Men because it has been a bit inconsistent over the years. I remember during Second Coming, she had a seat at the table when all hell was breaking loose but her role diminished after that.
    I have never noticed the main x girls have a problem with Domino. This is a new development to outcast her. She goes off on her stuff like Womverine and Cable but so what? She's not a saint like Jean and Kitty..she never was.

Ultimate Member

Maybe the whole thing with Domino was just one the writer trying to bring up that Kitty was marrying Colossus and Domino was upset about it to whatever degree or two just to add tension to the team and all...