Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Default The Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor #1 Spoilers

One of these from me not for Red?! What even IS this!!

• The issue starts with a flashback of Psylocke and Wolverine sparring. She's lamenting that they all loved him, and that Wolverine was sooooo great. That's why they're here tho, on this weird plane, which turns out not to be the X-Jet or the Dove but something of Domino's.
    • Kitty is a huge bitch to Neena for no reason, and still seems convinced that Erik took Logan's body. Umm... All Dom wants is to know what the heck is going on! Come on, Kitty!
    • She literally tells Betsy to knock her out and mindwipe her if things go super sour.
    • When the ladies land, they're greeted by Magneto, who informs them that nothing happens in Madripoor without his knowledge. Kitty informs him that they need to talk about Logan and he tells them to meet him at a restaurant at 10 P.M.
    • Only it turns out that someone was watching them, or something like that, and the new person reports to her boss about the X-Ladies.
    • The Ladies go to the Princess Bar and meet up with an old friend of Logan's, Mr Halliday, who hits it off pretty well with Neena right away. Kitty tells him that if they were ever in Madripoor to come here and mention the word 'Yashida,' which causes Halliday to take them down into a secret bunker of Logan's that was exclusively meant for family.
    • Cue a flashback montage. Ororo remembers when she and Logan had just joined the X-Men and she gave him a panther trinket because she considered him family, Rogue finds a letter from Carol to Logan from just after she had left the X-Men as Binary, and Betsy remembers more about the sparring moment from earlier. Kitty stops the nostalgia train when she finds a picture of her old, colorful 'Sprite' costume.
    • So the ladies get ready and Jubilee tells them the plan. Their looks are GOALS, especially Rogue and Betsy's, and they walk into the bar and greet Magneto.
    • Only it becomes clear Erik is stalling and then even clearer it isn't Erik at all. It was a trap, and the lady from earlier was a psychic! She takes out Ororo pretty easily (that's not gonna go over well around here) and then the real big bad makes an appearance.
    • It's Viper! She and her group of female villains make REALLY quick work of the X-Ladies.
    • Kitty is able to save Jubes and Domino, but Storm, Psylocke, and Rogue are taken out. And then the issue ends.

-------------------------------------------------------
    I didn't hate this. The art was decent, the writing was pretty good. Zub's voice for Betsy is pretty good, but I hope that we get more focus on the others too. Especially Jubilee. She said like two things in this issue? And Storm should NOT have jobbed so easily to Mindblast. I'd give it like a 7/10?

I can't help but feel like none of this would have happened if Kitty's shrill self would've let teen Jean come along. She's been working with Magneto for a while and would've known that wasn't him at the airport.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Wow, Sapphire Styx its been a while since she appeared in a comic.

Also, coughing scene, lol. That brought some nostalgia. (The good kind)

Edit: I forgot to say that I'm glad that the "secret" was basically nothing. Phew.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 05-23-2018 at 11:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    One of these from me not for Red?! What even IS this!!

• When the ladies land, they're greeted by Magneto, who informs them that nothing happens in Madripoor without his knowledge.
    While it wasn't actually Mags, it still makes me wonder where he was when Kimura and Tyger were having their gang war in EotS.

BANNED

I was so excited for this book because Zub wrote a stellar Uncanny Avengers, but extremely dissappointed that he just wrote this with Guggenheim's voice.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    While it wasn't actually Mags, it still makes me wonder where he was when Kimura and Tyger were having their gang war in EotS.
    I don't think Magneto actually has as much of a hold over Madripoor as Mindblast makes it seem. I think it's more likely that it's Viper who has tabs on Madripoor's entire criminal underworld.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I really enjoyed this honeslty.

I mentioned this in the Psylocke thread but she comes face to face with Magneto for the first time she killed him and absolutely no reaction. Lame

Maybe Kitty has some jealousy of Domino being Colossus’s ex.

It had that classic Claremontian Madripoor feel I really liked. I like Zub's voice for Psylocke. Rogue reading the letter was really sad to see.
    What I didn't like much: Storm shouldn't fell so easily and Kitty was X-Men Gold level annoying especially towards Domino. Everything else was good.

The coloring was kinda awful, it made the art worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    He wasn't there yet. He moved to Madripoor during ResurreXion.

This was probably the Hunt for Wolverine title I've enjoyed the most. Though Silas was more than passable here, a marked improvement from his other work, and hope he keeps it up.

Whilst I liked the twist, exchanging Magneto for these D-Listers just seems like an odd decision, which I'm not totally on board with. I didn't even realise they weren't OC (except for Viper, who I recognised). I hope Magneto shows up later on in some capacity, Mags in Madripoor has been an enjoyable status quo, it deserves more exploration.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mentioned this in the Psylocke thread but she comes face to face with Magneto for the first time she killed him and absolutely no reaction. Lame
    She murdered Magneto in cold blood but she feels too ethical to mindwipe Domino. Okay.

Ultimate Member

I don't view it as murder, somehow if Magneto takes out a threat it's justified but when Betsy does it it's murder...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She murdered Magneto in cold blood but she feels too ethical to mindwipe Domino. Okay.
    Kitty's justification was unwarranted. Magneto's actions were warranted for being put down.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't view it as murder, somehow if Magneto takes out a threat it's justified but when Betsy does it it's murder...
    It was murder and was done in cold blood. There was no self defense nor did she do it while in the act of protecting anyone

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Kitty's justification was unwarranted. Magneto's actions were warranted for being put down.
    Lying to Psylocke and saving mutantkind is deserving of capital punishment?

Also lol aren't you the one who admonishes Kitty for being too mean to Magneto? But killing him is fine I guess.