Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If they actually put numbers to the heat vision thing, fair enough there too, I don't remember those stories. I do apologizing for accusing you of not paying attention to the New 52 side of things in that case. I'm not sure they made up numbers for absolutely all of each versions feats so I'm still not convinced on any of those. But hey if they did, they did, and I'll acquiesce. Wouldn't be the first time I was mistaken and will not be the last. Also good luck on your exams as well.
    As someone who likes to do battles often, it is hard not to pay attention to the details of the story if you want to win. I have read all of New52 Superman's stories thoroughly. So nothing I said about Nuperman was assumptions or made up things. Anyway, let's not take this any further since this isn't a battle thread. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Good luck on your exams!

Sacred has two points: that whatever difference wasn't necessarily important to the stories, and that examples are mostly the result of time constraints. New 52 Superman ran for five years and ran well below full power for about two years total. We only have a few examples and they all take place close to each other, where other eras had so much time that it's hard to tell when he even became capable of his higher end feats (the initial power spike after Doomsday was a temporary thing).
    Thank you

I understand that. But arguments like that hold no weight in a battle. I mean one could argue that he would have been even more powerful than now if he had operated for a decade more. In a similar way I can say that the chances of DC depowering their characters [especially Superman] are always there, so he wouldn't have been more powerful but less powerful. The problem with these statements is that they are pure speculations backed by nothing and hence cannot be used. Nobody knows what will happen in the future. So in a battle we use whatever feats they have accomplished during the time they were active. The power spike was temporary? PC Clark had two upgrades in powers if I recall correctly, one after his return from death and the other after his training with Mongul. I could be wrong though, it has been a long time since I read those stories.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

When his powers are initially restored, his body didn't stop absorbing and he became grotesquely huge. The Parasite had to drain the excess from him and after that it's a little fuzzy as to how he compared. But in the early stages he just seemed to be a notch stronger than he was before Doomsday, with no need to breathe at all and hitting Lobo pretty easily into submission. However, he does manage to beat Massacre after where he didn't before.

The two things I remember after that are the scene in Hunter Prey where he mentions being stronger and Trial where he is first confirmed to be strong enough to metabolize the sun in close range iirc.