Default Dr. Strange and Spidey

Hey, friends! I just wanted to let everyone know how great today's issue of Dr. Strange is! It wraps up Don Cates' run on the title, and its focus on Strange and Spidey together is absolutely great. Cates nails their relationship perfectly, in my opinion, in a way that hasn't been done since Spider-Man: Fever.

I literally laughed out loud multiple times while reading it.

I hope you check it out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

-Pav, who is really enjoying Cates' work...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I can definitely agree with that. I went in thinking it was gonna be the usual "awkward banter" that made Spidey sound and act like a dope, but spoilers:
    it really hit me in the feels, as they would say today, with Peter expressing how much he cared about Stephen and just wanted to see if he was all right after Vegas. Speaking of Vegas, with Mephisto having set up shop there and Ben Reilly's involvement with the Midnight Sons . . . one would think someone would have passed word to Peter about a "Spider-Man wannabe in a hoodie," but
    end of spoilers that could easily be taken up in Nick Spencer's Spider-Man or a future issue of Scarlet Spider. That aside, the bit with spoilers:
    Spider-Man conversing with an actual spider was funny, and the part where the spider told him, "Everyone dies," might be a bit of subtle rebuke toward his actions in One More Day, though I could just be grasping at straws.
    end of spoilers All in all, it was a great final issue for Donny Cates on Doctor Strange, and if he wrote Spider-Man this well here, I'd very much look forward to him writing Spider-Man (Peter Parker) in a future guest appearance in Venom. Perhaps he could finally get Spider-Man to move past his hatred of symbiotes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Perhaps he could finally get Spider-Man to move past his hatred of symbiotes.
    wouldn't that be something honestly. But I really like the relationship display in this issue. Makes me want Dr.Strange in the next film if Mysterio is the villian

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wouldn't that be something honestly. But I really like the relationship display in this issue. Makes me want Dr.Strange in the next film if Mysterio is the villian
    Considering that the second MCU Spider-Man film is supposed to follow in the first's footsteps by having Spider-Man connect with an Avenger (or Avenger-adjacent hero), having Mysterio be tied to Doctor Strange similarly to how the Vulture was tied to Iron Man in Homecoming could work.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This was a great issue. The art was amazing and Peter was both really funny and a great pal. It gave some real closure to the run too.