Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I love the Terrifics!

For 4 issues straight this has been my favorite comic book. It's simple yet smart. I can't tell where each issues is going to go next.

I love the chemistry between the characters. It doesn't rely on a lot of the gaudy and overused comic tropes. Every character has a distinct voice and organic role. The group doesn't feel cliched or forced. I just love this comic.

Why Marvel can't write the Fantastic Four like this I have no idea. A breath of fresh air in the current comic landscape. Also the art has been very solid so far.

Thoughts on where this story is going? Knock on wood this title lasts I have a really bad track record of falling in love with comics only to see them cancelled.

I think down the road they might be able to tie this into Legion of Superheroes someway, with some future connection to Phantom Girl. I'm just very excited.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Everything about this book just seems so right. It feels good to see Mister Terrific front and center. An awesome character with untapped potential. Lemire is changing that.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I am interested in the series but I haven't had a chance to visit a comic shop in a bit. I will pick it up when I get the chance.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I’ve said it before but I’m loving this new niche that Lemire has made for Mr. Terrific. DC has tried to push him as a Reed Richards type character, but I love him as the classic science-adventure hero. Michael Holt is now DC’s Doc Savage and yes, Tom Strong. The kind of character that Dr. Venture Sr. was a parody of.

What a series! Just finished #4 and it is hands down the best thing going. This book leaves you satisfied but still hungry for more. The art is perfect for this book.

Agreed with all above. This is a wonderful (terrific?) book! An intriguing plot, with a great dynamic between the characters. The quality has been so high that I read each issue expecting to be let down...but so far, it has maintained its level of quality.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah this one is a particular favorite of mine. It's a really top notch book and I'm loving that Mr. Terrific is getting some focus here. Actually, I find myself liking ALL the characters here because they have a great dynamic together.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm glad to see Plastic Man back in action, but this series and all the characters are a lot of fun. Not certain there is really much of a direction to it all, but I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

I completely agree! I would have never put Mr Terrifc, Plastic Man and Metamorpho on a team together,..would never gave dreamed of it...but Jeff Lemire has found a magic with these characters! This has been my favorite pull since it's debut.
    It is truly fantastic! Pun intended!

I’m really liking this book too! I remember when this book was announced that I wasn’t sure how this would play out but that I’ll give it a try, and I couldn’t be happier that I did try give this series a shot. I really hope DC sticks with this team for years because I can see this team going far.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm enjoying this title, too, one of the few big-two comics I get. An interesting mix of characters, and fairly well-depicted (and well-drawn) at that, without much 'forced character description' ("Oh Plas, you're such a cut-up," - sort of thing). I won't mind if "plot" goes screwy as long as the verbal exchange remains true and as amusing as it's been (and getting better, I think)--as long as The Characters remain more important than The Plot.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Mighty Member

I've been curious about this one since I really loved Lemire's runs on Green Arrow and Superboy. It's cool to see so many people are into it? How does it compare to those other runs of his?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

The Terrifics is a great comic. So fun to read!

I'm enjoying all the new Dark Metal spinoffs. As long as I can before the modern cynical comic book reader causes their demise due to refusing to read them since it's not Batman, Superman, or Justice League.
    WHO DAT?!!

Fun, clever, fresh. Always a pleasure even if the artists are changing - the art still fits the book very well.

A book without disappointment every month. I just wish it a life long enough!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Astonishing Member

One of the best books out at the moment

Loving it