Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

It's a fun little book but I wish Ivan Reis had remained as the regular artist.

The Terrifics is a very good read.

The art change is a little jarring but the story and team are enjoyable.

Mighty Member

Plas and Rex should have been paired a long time ago.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Always Rakzo

For me this started merely "okay" but it continually improved to the point that the last issue was by far my favorite from this week. Just fun and great character dynamics that still don't progress the plot that much but it compensates it with everything else.

And the art team of Reis, Bennett and Shaner makes things even better.

I think this book has made Mr. Terrific instantly more marketable. I’ve always been a fan of Michael Holt from his days on the JSA, but Mr. Terrific was really just another “peak human” tech hero. There are countless heroes who occupy the same niche and all of them will always play second fiddle to Batman. But making Terrific a modern day version of the classic pulp science hero is pretty damn great. I want to see more of his multiverse hoping adventures. Hell, a Mr. Terrific movie has now shot to near the top of my wish list.

The Terrifics could be DC’s Planetary. They’re exploring familiar superhero troupes (obviously The Fantastic Four) but now that the multiverse is wide open there is a ton of potential for great stories. Before Multiversity there seemed like there was some restrictions on how writers addressed the multiverse. I think Grant had dibs so any multiverse stories were off limits. Now that we know the 52 universes are just one of many clusters and the multiverse itself is in flux, there is so much to explore. I’m just really excited for this book’s future.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think this book has made Mr. Terrific instantly more marketable. I’ve always been a fan of Michael Holt from his days on the JSA, but Mr. Terrific was really just another “peak human” tech hero. There are countless heroes who occupy the same niche and all of them will always play second fiddle to Batman. But making Terrific a modern day version of the classic pulp science hero is pretty damn great. I want to see more of his multiverse hoping adventures. Hell, a Mr. Terrific movie has now shot to near the top of my wish list.

The Terrifics could be DC’s Planetary. They’re exploring familiar superhero troupes (obviously The Fantastic Four) but now that the multiverse is wide open there is a ton of potential for great stories. Before Multiversity there seemed like there was some restrictions on how writers addressed the multiverse. I think Grant had dibs so any multiverse stories were off limits. Now that we know the 52 universes are just one of many clusters and the multiverse itself is in flux, there is so much to explore. I’m just really excited for this book’s future.
    Well said, Robotman, well said. This book has so many fun places it could go.

I was also impressed with Mr. Terrific's compassion and empathy. Willing to go way of his and the team's way to make sure Phantom Girl got to go home and see her parents.
    WHO DAT?!!

Place me in the camp that is loving this title.

It really is such a breath of fresh air from some of the other books currently being placed on the stands.

I'm really enjoying reading Plastic Man in a title again. His comedy an abilities makes the book very enjoyable to read.
    I am also LOVING Mr. Terrific in this. This the "gadgeteer" character I have been looking for and missing in comics. Such a cool character.

Can't wait to see what comes next!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Issue #6 was okay. I still love the title but that issues was a little more generic or a little more by the numbers for this book.

I enjoyed the metamorphosis dog and Dr. Dread could be interesting....and hopefully won't be written as cliche in later issues.

I'm going to have to google the orb of Rah. Never heard of it before. Even though this issue cleared up a plot point that was alluded to early on it kind of felt like a filler the way it concluded and left me with more questions.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Issue #6 was okay. I still love the title but that issues was a little more generic or a little more by the numbers for this book.

I enjoyed the metamorphosis dog and Dr. Dread could be interesting....and hopefully won't be written as cliche in later issues.

I'm going to have to google the orb of Rah. Never heard of it before. Even though this issue cleared up a plot point that was alluded to early on it kind of felt like a filler the way it concluded and left me with more questions.
    Iirc the Orb of Ra is tied into Meramorpho's origin.

It, Sideways, and Silencer are my favorites of NAoH.

Still the best book no one is talking about. 8 issues and this has been really solid.

I hope the Terrifics are a team that transitions into multimedia. In just 8 issues I'm enjoying Metamorpho more than his time with the Outsiders.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Wow....wow.....wow!!!!!! We're finally going to be introduced to alternate Mister Terrifics. This is the Mister Terrific series we should have gotten!!!! Doc Dread is shaping up to be his archnemesis. Hopefully it sticks.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Still the best book no one is talking about. 8 issues and this has been really solid.

I hope the Terrifics are a team that transitions into multimedia. In just 8 issues I'm enjoying Metamorpho more than his time with the Outsiders.
    Generally good books feel like no one talks about since everyone is just busy enjoying the series.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I've never been a Mr. Terrific fan, and now i'm starting to appreciate him.
    Morpho and Plastic dynamic is fresh and funny, love this book.

Jeff Lemire is really a great writer, with this book he's showing he can write team books too.
    Give him Titans please when DC will have back his senses and will fix all the bullshits done to Dick, Roy, Wally, Donna and Garth.