Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

So it popped into my head recently that a Daily Planet would be great. You'd have a busy office with people running around and Perry screaming at Lois and Jimmy. They should have some kind of contest for the best written article or photo submitted online by the end of the day. The cafe could be downstairs.Maybe Clark makes a cameo appearance.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Has anyone been on Cyborg: Hyper Drive at Six Flags New England yet? If so, PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL as I've not been on it! (Begging my mom to go up there just for Grid)
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Plenty of amusement parks have DC-themed rides, but what if a theme park focused solely on DC were created to give fans a live experience that makes them feel like they jumped into the comics?

I've had some ideas for a while, but I feel like we could all do better together.

A Flash museum is a must. It's an in-universe attraction brought to life that sells itself by merely existing. Statues, prop replicas, paintings, the cosmic treadmill, etc. would make for great picture opportunities, and brief tours could bring the mythology to life. A staged event using trap door tricks and visual illusions could make a convincing Flash rescue from an attack by the rogues (smashing through a mirror, shooting some flames, frost, lightning sparks), but it would be tricky.

A trip to Oa and hands-on ring training with hologram effects would be kickass and great for the kids. Get a synthetically made-up Kilowog to train the poozers. Any ideas for how to do this convincingly?

An Aquaman sea show is an obvious choice, though with some obvious ethical concerns. But snorkling to Atlantis and learning about marine life would be attractive. So would an underwater roller coaster.

A Mars Planetarium theater would be awesome. An immersive film combining the science of Mars with the fiction of Martian civilization, narrated by J'onn, could really wow audiences. J'onn narrating a kind of meditation at the end alongside the sensations that a planetarium theater provides could be interesting as well. Red sand everywhere.

Paradise Island could be a lounging beach section of the park, but could also host gladiatorial games the way Medieval Times does, showing Diana's comic book origin at the end.

Metropolis and even more so Gotham should be the most robust "cities". If a Metropolis tour can simulate a Superman-level threat, even better, maybe with Kara saving the day. Centennial park's statue is iconic. Gotham should have an episode of BTAS play out right before the characters eyes, with a guide to sneak them through. Maybe some grappling hook shenanigans. A real noir mystery feel about the place. And of course, Wayne Manor and the Batcave.

The already existing Superman ride is a novel concept. I'd love it to incorporate a live-action Superman character somehow flying at the head of the ride, maybe even swiveling alongside riders and waving as he "flies" with them.

I have a more elaborate idea for Superman's mythology though. The Fortress of solitude is its own attraction, but the Bottled City of Kandor display should have its own "simulation", where Brainiac suddenly attacks and the environment changes, red sun flashing and Kandor appearing around the audience, signifying that everyone has shrunken. "Kryptonian" actors welcome members, and the Atom helps save the day by shrinking down with everyone. Walls with screens and buildings capable of popping out of the ground would facilitate this.

A Green Arrow archery range in the woods is too easy. Black Canary should have an easy time recruiting.

Pepper the rest of the park with in-Universe nods. Big Belly Burger should be the cafeteria. Lexcorp, Queen, and Kord industry trademarks should be visible. Snapper Car should interview park goers. Lex should walk around with an entourage and give anti-alien speeches at different locations. The Joker and Harley should ride around on a motor bike spraying people and popping off toy guns. The Iceberg lounge can serve alcoholic drinks.

Haley's circus maybe? A Hawkworld flying attraction? The Legion of Doom? The Hall of Justice? A Satellite Replica? Science education at Star Labs? The possibilities are endless.

It's unlikely that Warner Bros would ever make such an investment; this is more of a fanboy's dream. That said, theme parks are in fact very popular and I think a lot of people would find this enjoyable, hardcore fans or not.

So what do you guys think? Do you like the idea, and what would you add/change to it?
    dude, thanks for the thread. i can't believe i missed it.

great ideas really. (i actually need to re-read some of the posts here).

my wife and i were actually just talking about visiting movie world gold coast australia just to see the dc superheroes parade there.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I'd never go on DC Rivals. No 90 degree drops for me.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Rides have low clearance to make sure you leave without your parents.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Bumping this with a few new ideas. Taking the concept of the motherbox passes a bit further, I think it would be cool if every transition point between cities/areas had a permanent projection hologram showing a boom tube effect. It would be even cooler if they could manage to make the lighting on each side markedly different to exaggerate the effect.

Also, I'm not sure how it didn't strike me before, but Kent Farm! Complete with a Ma and Pa Kent to serve pie. Lodgings wouldn't be a bad idea either. Clark's childhood room, a photo album in the downstairs living room, old letters in the main bedroom nighttable. Wouldn't be a bad idea to educate kids about farming techniques during the tour either.

In fact, I was thinking that some of the exhibits-Atlantis, Star Labs, Kent Farm-could all have a science education component. I'm sure there are countless kids who got interested in science as adults because of sci-fi concepts.