I remember a lot of people wanted Anthony Ingruber because of his physical resemblance to and voice resemblance to Ford. However, apart from a brief role in Age of Adelaine as a young version of Harrison's character and his voice acting roles, has he really done that much?

Funny thing is Solo did re-use at least one cast member from earlier films: That's still Ray Park as Maul, although the voice is Sam Witwer from the cartoons.

As for R2 I think a lot his functions, as well as that of other non-human droids in the series that still use practical effects, has been replaced by remote-control or the kind of puppetry they use for BB8. Even in the originals, I think a lot of Kenny's work was mostly moving the head around a bit. (Kenny also had a few other roles in the OT here and there, I'm pretty sure he was one of the Ewoks).

Kind of cool that Anthony still does 3PO, although since 1999 I felt there's been something a bit 'off' about the way he sounds as Threepio. Just the voice I guess, or that, honestly, the character hasn't really done that much since ROTJ when you think about it. The most screentime he got was "that" scene in AOTC...