View Poll Results: Multiple Choice Poll: Check ALL that apply!

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • My GRADE for Solo: A-range (A-, A, A+)

    19 27.14%
  • My GRADE for Solo: B-range

    33 47.14%
  • My GRADE for Solo: C-range

    11 15.71%
  • My GRADE for Solo: D-range

    5 7.14%
  • My GRADE for Solo: F

    3 4.29%
  • Ron Howard was a GREAT director

    15 21.43%
  • Ron Howard was a GOOD director

    22 31.43%
  • Ron Howard was an AVERAGE director

    11 15.71%
  • Ron Howard was a POOR director

    3 4.29%
  • Alden Ehrenreich was a GREAT Han Solo

    11 15.71%
  • Alden Ehrenreich was a GOOD Han Solo

    24 34.29%
  • Alden Ehrenreich was an AVERAGE Han Solo

    13 18.57%
  • Alden Ehrenreich was a POOR Han Solo

    8 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 104 of 104
  1. #91
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm thinking the film being released in a month already oversaturated with blockbusters is a really is factor here.
    Oh definitely.
    "It seems that all he does is catches things and moves them." Jessica St. Clair

    "He also blows." Paul Scheer

    How Did This Get Made? #178, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

  2. #92
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergman View Post
    I finally saw it last night and it was pretty good. Easily the best of the new Stars Wars movies.

    Also saying something is unnecessary or who was asking for this anyway is as low effort a critique as it gets.
    Was that aimed at me? It wasn't a critique, I haven't even seen the movie. It was just one of the main reasons why it isn't a box office success imo.

    While you can argue that nobody asks for anything until they've shown that they do(isn't that what Marvel keeps doing?), I think some things just don't sell, no matter how good or bad they are.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  3. #93
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    I finally saw it last night, on what is probably the last weekend (or second to last at best) that my local theater is going to have the film.

    It was a good, but not great film, that was entertaining. It's a heist film set in the Star Wars universe that really doesn't try and be much more, but it does what it is setting out to do and does it well. It's not something that I'd say warrants multiple views except on the home entertainment center, but I didn't feel like I wasted my money either.

  4. #94
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I finally saw it last night, on what is probably the last weekend (or second to last at best) that my local theater is going to have the film.

    It was a good, but not great film, that was entertaining. It's a heist film set in the Star Wars universe that really doesn't try and be much more, but it does what it is setting out to do and does it well. It's not something that I'd say warrants multiple views except on the home entertainment center, but I didn't feel like I wasted my money either.
    I think that's a fair assessment. I really liked the movie, will be getting the BluRay (please make a Target special edition!) and re-watching it with the others. But, I agree that it's the most journeyman Star Wars movie we've gotten to date and doesn't really aspire to be more than what it is, a well-made movie, but not something that pushes the envelope.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  5. #95
    Incredible Member chachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Finally saw it today at the $5 bargain matinee. I liked it for what it was. I thought Ehrenreich did a good job as Solo, Glover and Clarke did good in their roles as well, but this was Harrelson film for sure.

  6. #96

    Default

    I thought it was a pretty good and enjoyable movie. The only weird thing I can think of is the focus they had on the dice is some shots. That just seemed weird to me. I thought Alden did a good job as Han considering who's shoes he had to fill.

  7. #97

    Default

    Alden Ehrenreich was great in the role, and this was a good fun movie that became sort of silly in the last battle scene and the revelation that Darth Maul is still alive.
    I hate it when movies I enjoy demand a sequel they won't receive.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  8. #98
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Alden Ehrenreich was great in the role, and this was a good fun movie that became sort of silly in the last battle scene and the revelation that Darth Maul is still alive.
    I hate it when movies I enjoy demand a sequel they won't receive.
    I know it's gonna sound a bit asinine, but for Maul's fate watch Rebels. He shows up a lot there spoilers:
    he's eventually killed by Obi-Wan on Tatooine when he deduces the Kenobi is protecting something....or someone.
    end of spoilers

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I know it's gonna sound a bit asinine, but for Maul's fate watch Rebels. He shows up a lot there spoilers:
    he's eventually killed by Obi-Wan on Tatooine when he deduces the Kenobi is protecting something....or someone.
    end of spoilers
    I heard this a few times this week alone, and still, that is too much Star Wars for me.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  10. #100
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I heard this a few times this week alone, and still, that is too much Star Wars for me.
    I can understand that - I was using it to point out that Maul's part doesn't demand a sequel, as his inclusion was more of an Easter Egg than anything else (complete with the cartoon VA handling the lines rather than the guy we see in the scene), and his story plays out elsewhere - across not just Rebels, but the Clone Wars series before it.

    And I say that despite one of my biggest issues with Star Wars is how any bad guy with a cool look gets a contrived way to be brought back despite not really contributing much before they died. I'm expecting Phasma to have somehow survived and appear yet again - it would be a bigger shock to me if she didn't.

  11. #101
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And I say that despite one of my biggest issues with Star Wars is how any bad guy with a cool look gets a contrived way to be brought back despite not really contributing much before they died...
    It's a bit of a byproduct of Star Wars having these cool second tier villains who get a lot of build-up and become obvious fan-favourites, and then just get killed in ways more contrived than what is used to bring them back.

    I mean, Maul just standing there for half a minute while Obi-Wan takes his time to bisect him?
    Boba Fett who got hit by a blind guy and randomly flew into a big slug?

  12. #102
    Lv 67 Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    3,372

    Default

    It was okay, nothing stood out as remarkable. There are parts in this film that look like they could be any generic sci-fi film and possessed little to no spectacle.

    Overall its pretty forgettable.
    Also visit my blog where I expose Wonder Woman for the criminal she is!

    How come these anonymous sources failed to report Zack Snyder had left post-production on Justice League? They seem to know everything now...

  13. #103
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Went into this movie expecting to love it, and it just didn't happen. I never got invested in any of the characters, and I found much of the movie to be actually tedious. It just never hooked me like I expected it would.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  14. #104
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good and enjoyable movie. The only weird thing I can think of is the focus they had on the dice is some shots. That just seemed weird to me. I thought Alden did a good job as Han considering who's shoes he had to fill.
    It's sort of a bit of a continuity nod, in part, to THE LAST JEDI I think, which had the dice reappear as a sad reminder to Luke of his friend....(and also appears as part of Luke's force illusion, given to Leia and then vanishing once Kylo got there)

    They of course first appeared in the original film, but I'm pretty sure they're not in ESB or ROTJ. Apparentally TFA was going to have them but they got cut.




    According to ref material, they're called "Chance cubes" which Watto used to describe his dice in TPM. So I guess that's pretty much what dice are called in Star Wars.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •