Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
-Moloch was a bizarre looking alien, and had a small - but significant - role in the beginning; I didn't think he was a throw-away character like some were making him out to be. He also seemed to speak a form of Huttese, which was a homage to the OT.

-The centipede/slug creature Lady Proxima was one of the most grotesque, disgusting SW aliens in any of the films - and I say this as a compliment. Well-done!
Moloch and Proxima are actually the same species, believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
Side-note about Sabacc: Years ago, I remember reading an SW EU book (possibly the Han Solo/Brian Daley novel(s) Sourcebook by West End Games) which mentioned that the reason Sabacc is so difficult to play & win is that the cards have digital images imprinted on them, and the image is constantly changing - so, though you may think you have a winning card, the image may change a second later & you won't anymore; i.e., the only image that meant anything was the one that was imprinted on the card once you revealed the cards at the end, by putting them down on the table. However, they obviously discarded this "EU" version of Sabacc because it would have been to complicated to depict on screen & opted instead to have this be a more traditional card game - which was the best approach to take.
Sabaac and its fluxing cards were actually invented for the L. Neil Smith Lando Calrissian books (which were given several Easter eggs in the movie proper), although the RPGs and other tie-ins ran with it.

The game was first canonized in the New Dawn novel and we saw a paper cards version played in the Rebels episode "Idiot's Array." According to reference materials, Han and Lando play a version called "Corellian Spike" Sabaac (which had been established before the movie was played). While not seen in the movie proper, tie-ins have established that the game uses dice and that Han used his set from the movie (and previously seen in ANH and TLJ) during that final game off camera.

The Wook claims that the digital fluxing version from Legends also exists in canon, although they cite a replica playable game deck given at a convention years ago, so I do question the validity of the source, although there's no reason that digital and paper Sabaac can't coexist.