Default Curious about Batman '66

I haven't checked out any of the recent Batman '66 comics, though I have an abiding love for the TV show which was what hooked me as a fan when I was a small child.

To people that have read the various Batman '66 series, where's the best place to start?

And/or which issues represent the best the various series' have to offer so I can check a few out and see if I want to go deeper?

Any input appreciated.

Batman '66 meets Wonder Woman '77. A fun series, and establishes a connection between Bruce and Diana going back to Bruce's childhood. It also has League of Assassins, Catwoman, Dick Greyson, and later on, Barbara Gordon as Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Batman '66 meets Wonder Woman '77. A fun series, and establishes a connection between Bruce and Diana going back to Bruce's childhood. It also has League of Assassins, Catwoman, Dick Greyson, and later on, Barbara Gordon as Batwoman.
    Sounds fun! I'll check it out. Thanks!

If you can still enjoy watching those reruns of old Batman TV shows, the comic series does a good job of capturing/imitating that, including the hokey dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If you can still enjoy watching those reruns of old Batman TV shows, the comic series does a good job of capturing/imitating that, including the hokey dialogue.
    I completely agree. I would just start with volume 1 and see what you think. They really nailed it.

Although I've seen mixed reviews, I really enjoyed BATMAN ’66 MEETS THE GREEN HORNET

It works great as a sequel to the original 66' team-up. And brings back the villain of that episode Colonel Gumm (Now dubbed General Gumm)
    Although unfortunately they couldn't get the rights to Roger C. Carmel's likeness, but they came up with a clever solution.

Great, fun read, the setup, and characters all felt right out of the series.
    Plot is a bit stretched at one point, but it all plays out right, and felt like it really delivers as an extended episode of the show.

Also incredible covers by Ross, and great interiors, with great visual nods to the show.
    If you haven't already, check it out, it seems clear the creators writers: Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman, art: Ty Templeton Alex Ross(covers) are all fans who knew and loved the show.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-08-2018 at 06:42 PM.