Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Red Annual Preview

Why is Rogue too proud to hug Jean? Discuss.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

wow... some of that was written very well... some not so well... Some of it looked great and then a few panels looked like the pencil got away from the artist.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member

I can't say on fan of the art but I got to admit I don't hate it. It fits this types of whimsical style of Storytelling.

I love that her initial reaction to hearing about the Schism is "It sounded like petty squabbling to me." Yes!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I can't wait!!!

oh no sis, that art is not it! But i may pick this up, i haven't been reading Red but I'm curious to see how Jean looks at all these changes that have happened since shes been gone.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Art has a painterly style I'm not used to. Looks good on the first page. Interesting to see who rushes to connect with Jean and who holds back.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I love that her initial reaction to hearing about the Schism is "It sounded like petty squabbling to me." Yes!
    Considering how often that's happened since she left, Civl Wars 1+2, AvX, AvI, one or two I'm probably forgetting...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I so love this. Jean's inner thoughts, while some eagerly fill her in on all she's missed, makes me feel things. x like 1,000.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    oh no sis, that art is not it! But i may pick this up, i haven't been reading Red but I'm curious to see how Jean looks at all these changes that have happened since shes been gone.
    lmfao this made me laugh lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Oh, jeez.

I try to skim over preview pages, so i have more content to read when the issue actually hits. This looks off. Nobody looks human.

Storm's massive hair is also one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen

Lol at Kitty jumping right into her big hero moment.

And Jubilee tapping her on the back of the head.

Kinda touched at Illyana standing to the side but letting Jean get close.

Rogue is a curious one...

Well, art is kinda eergh... Colorist did his best though. The original pages were much worse.

The art with the phoenix is great and then....
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Not crazy about the art. And why is Jean wearing her XMR duds on the first page?

Also, Taylor has confirmed there's no backup story on the Annual, if anyone was wondering.

You're right, she should be in civvies. That scene is clearly before X-Men Red #1 but she only acquires that uniform in #4.

I wonder what she thinks of the Champions? After all, they exist because of one of these hero vs hero conflicts (Civil War II). We need to do better, be better. That's really similar to what it says on the Champions recap page!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman