Default C.O.W.L. - Excited?

What are people's thoughts about C.O.W.L.? I just read their interview on Comics Alliance and I feel pretty excited. The art looks gorgeous, there are some interesting plot things happening, and I have to say, as a Chicago native, I might be a little biased. ;P

I've read the first issue, you're right to be excited. It's really great. Whole lot going on in there and the whole feeling and vibe of the book, mixed with the union angle is really unique.

Spectacular Member

Not really. Higgins was just okay on Nightwing, and I really don't want to read more super hero comics. And the name is pretty dumb imo (already have S.H.I.E.L.D, S.H.A.D.E). The art is great though.

Higgins writing a superhero comic without editorial interference? Hell, yeah!

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Higgins writing a superhero comic without editorial interference? Hell, yeah!
    This. I'm totally read for this. Plus, the art looks gorgeous.

I'm in for at least one issue. Rod Reis's art is amazing and Higgins not held down by editorial has the potential to be amazing, which kinda sucks even more considering Nightwing run was more or less plotted by editorial.

I'll give this a few issues. I like the art, despite wearing its Sienkiewicz influence on its sleeve as thoroughly as it is.