Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Then Mark Silvestri. As someone said before, his art has incredible lightness and dynamism.

Broken English Spoken Perfectly

BANNED

Marc Silvestri's old stuff before he came to image and sometimes after image looks stiff and unfinished.If Wolverine was actually in that pose he would fall down from being top heavy.

Also, Mark Texeira

And Adam Pollina

I'm almost 179 years old, that's why I'm not referring to the new artists, who I am not very familiar with (I like Acuña BTW).

BANNED

Steve Skroce now and then.
    Last edited by doodledude; 07-25-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    Marc Silvestri's old stuff before he came to image and sometimes after image looks stiff and unfinished.If Wolverine was actually in that pose he would fall down from being top heavy.
    He would fall down from being top heavy? Please explain.

Extraordinary Member

Dave Cockrum

John Byrne

Marc Silvestri

Jim Lee

Alan Davis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    He would fall down from being top heavy? Please explain.
    Get on your tippie toes bend your knees and lean back like he is in that pic.If you don't fall down you have superhuman agility.Which I don't think is one of Wolverine's powers.He also has a metal skeleton which makes him heavier than an average person.They rarely bring that up in X-books nowadays.
    Last edited by doodledude; 07-25-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Jim Lee
    Marc Silvestri
    Art Adams
    Paul Smith
    Romita Jr.
    Andy Kubert
    Joe Maduria
    Salvador Larocca (FF/X-trem X-Men style)
    Alan Davis

Extraordinary Member

Get on your tippie toes bend your knees and lean back like he is in that pic.If you don't fall down you have superhuman agility.Which I don't think is one of Wolverine's powers.He also has a metal skeleton which makes him heavier than an average person.They rarely bring that up in X-books nowadays.
    LOL.Okay I see what you're saying haha.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I simply can't see what your looking at and I have been drawing all my life.Jim Lee is a respected artist among artist good artist.Alex Ross who does most of his work from life has complemented Jim Lee's figure work and has painted over his pencils.Would not Alex Ross know if this man was creating bad art?His hands feet and expressions are all above what most artist in comics can pull off.I'm sorry but Jim Lee is the truth.You have a right to your opinion but Jim Lee draws correctly.Let's not forget the main thing an artist is supposed to do.Tell a story his storytelling is always clear and easy to follow.His anatomy and how he interprets it is why he so big.It's not his fault a whole generation of artist bit his style.
    OK, definitly it's a matter of taste. BTW, I've been drawing all my life, too, and Lee was never one of my models.

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    My all time favorite is Paul Smith. I fell in love with his Rogue:

And his Maddie:
    Yes, yes, YES!!! His Madelyne seems absolutely irresistible to me, too. And Smith is one of the artists I pay attention to in my own drawings --I wasn't even aware, but I've noticed through the years to my surprise!

I'm so happy that Smith has been proved so popular in this thread, I think he's one of the most mentioned five or so. Hooray!

Also, Mark Texeira
    Wow, yes! Another of my influences because of his great narrative sense and his body language. I loved loved loved his Psi-Force. It was so enjoyable and different --an alternative stray X-Men.

Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 07-25-2014 at 09:41 AM.

^ I'm glad we share favorites! Texeira has developed so much his style though. Psy-Force was, what?, early 80's?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Also, Mark Texeira

THE DEFINITIVE SABRETOOTH/MYSTIQUE right there. Amazing.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Well, I don't doubt that this Betsy is delicious as a pin-up, but nor her skeleton neither her flesh fit. Her head is too small, she hasn't got groins nor hip-bones and her thights are so big that her legs may be four torsos. And her boobs are simply impossible, not because of their size, but because of their shape --unless they're fake.

I know, I know, this is a comic-book, there's no reason at all to observe anatomical proportions. The problem is that Lee often don't keep his own proportions in the same page. And he's so anxious about spectacular art that his figures use to seem dislocated.

As for 'slow moving', maybe I chose the wrong word: I meant 'heaviness'.

That being said...I wish to apologize for any offense to Lee's fandom. I say it again: I was happy when he went into X-Men and he fascinated me like anybody else, but I was soon tired of him.
    Lee wouldn't crack my top 20. And i'd sooner assign him as worst. Just a vanguard for some really fucking eye-curdling 90s-era garish art to follow.

The fact he gets more attention than, say, a Paul Smith? A travesty.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

^ I'm glad we share favorites! Texeira has developed so much his style though. Psy-Force was, what?, early 80's?
    Yep. It was a series of the 'New Universe' of Marvel that editor Archie Goodwin figured out in the middle 80's --without a big success, I'm afraid, as that line was cancelled pretty soon.

Psi-Force was a group of outcast teenagers in an ongoing runaway because of their respective psi-powers: telepathy, telekinesis, astral projection, empathical healing... Each issue, the first ones at least, was closing (is this the word?) and focussed in one of the characters, with kinda TV feeling. The street setting and the gloomy feeling of the story of these poor girls and boys, often stalked by freeloaders and evil organizations but helped by kind people, too, were quite appealing.

Of course, no costumes nor jets nor code-names: just backpacks and a few cents in the pocket.

BTW, I've just noticed that one of the characters, Kathy Ling (a Chinese-American girl), is the direct precedent of Jubilee. Look at her, the second of the left. Mmmm...