Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post

BTW, I've just noticed that one of the characters, Kathy Ling (a Chinese-American girl), is the direct precedent of Jubilee. Look at her, the second of the left. Mmmm...

You're right! Looks like Jubilee. I only read DP7 and Star Brand and they were awesome.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Jae Lee, who had a very personal take on the predominant 90s style:

Broken English Spoken Perfectly

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    You're right! Looks like Jubilee.
    And she was as mocking as her .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Lee wouldn't crack my top 20. And i'd sooner assign him as worst. Just a vanguard for some really fucking eye-curdling 90s-era garish art to follow.

The fact he gets more attention than, say, a Paul Smith? A travesty.
    Paul Smith can barely do a comic or a cover every five years.His output in the time that he has been in comics is why his name is not bigger.He's on the level of Micheal Golden and Travis Charest when it comes to slow.Jim Lee has output even at Wildstorm when he was completely running the show.Now at DC still with many responsibilities.Jim Lee can multitask and still put out great art.Paul Smith can't put out art and that's all he has to do.Art Adams was once in this group of slow but good artist but even he broke out in the early 2000's and started producing again.Jim Lee is bigger because he is good and because he's got the work ethic and ability to produce art on a regular basis.If Jim Lee's art is eye curdling then there's a whole lot of eye burning art in the industry because he's a giant influence over many of the artist in comics now.Paul Smith could'nt do a monthly comic if his life depended on it.Seems to me like some in this thread are trying to put Jim Lee on the same level as Liefeld it ain't true and it never will be.Jim Lee is a damn good artist then and now.If you want to hate your childhood fine but Jim Lee is a solid artist on every level.Dynamics storytelling anatomy backgrounds the man has no weaknesses as an artist.These post in this thread are just message board pettiness at it's highest level.Jim Lee is the best X artist ever!
    Last edited by doodledude; 07-26-2014 at 02:54 PM.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    Paul Smith can barely do a comic or a cover every five years.His output in the time that he has been in comics is why his name is not bigger.He's on the level of Micheal Golden and Travis Charest when it comes to slow.Jim Lee has output even at Wildstorm when he was completely running the show.Now at DC still with many responsibilities.Jim Lee can multitask and still put out great art.Paul Smith can't put out art and that's all he has to do.Art Adams was once in this group of slow but good artist but even he broke out in the early 2000's and started producing again.Jim Lee is bigger because he is good and because he's got the work ethic and ability to produce art on a regular basis.If Jim Lee's art is eye curdling then there's a whole lot of eye burning art in the industry because he's a giant influence over many of the artist in comics now.Paul Smith could'nt do a monthly comic if his life depended on it.Seems to me like some in this thread are trying to put Jim Lee on the same level as Liefeld it ain't true and it never will be.Jim Lee is a damn good artist then and now.If you want to hate your childhood fine but Jim Lee is a solid artist on every level.Dynamics storytelling anatomy backgrounds the man has no weaknesses as an artist.These post in this thread are just message board pettiness at it's highest level.Jim Lee is the best X artist ever!
    What's the point here? Neither Paul Smith nor Jim Lee can do monthlies anymore. And haven't for a long time.

We're not discussing CURRENT viability.

BANNED

I miss Carlos Pacheco.

Quote Originally Posted by REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES View Post
    .Bryan Hitch-anything the man draws is creme de la creme
    2.Oliver Coipel-His AVX parts were the only saving grace from that travesty
    3.Leinil Yu-Loved his X=men,wolverine and civil war runs.His Infinity was good just felt a lil rushed
    4.Jerome Opena-His art with Dean White colors is astonishing.Their UXF was like visual crack.
    5.Carlos Pacheco-Thought he really made his mark on his X-men Operation Zero Tolerance run
    6.Frank Quitely-classic run on New X-men
    8.Chris Bachalo=Love his art but he really needs to channel his Gen X mood again,and STOP doing his own colors.
    9.Clay Mann-Age of X was just amazing and his redesigns were top notch (except storm in a bikini)
    10.Joe Mad-Flawless artistry but really tired of the late release scheduling when he's on
    11.Stuart Immonen-Has really upped his game since Fear Itself,only thing that kept me picking up ANXM

I would definitely like to see some other artists rendition of the X-men.Jae Lee,Esad Ribic,Valerio Schiti,Russel Dauterman,Adi Granov and Sara Pichelli.
    Pretty much agree with this list, save for 7.Silvestri.
    I'd add Daniel Acuna as well to the mix and good call on Ribic, I always found his work visually striking and that's the sort of awesomeness I want for my X-Men. <3
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    What's the point here? Neither Paul Smith nor Jim Lee can do monthlies anymore. And haven't for a long time.

We're not discussing CURRENT viability.
    Paul Smith can't do a monthly but Jim Lee is on Superman with Geoff Johns.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

"unchained"? The series they had to scale back drastically because Lee can't do a monthly anymore?

It's Scott Snyder actually, Jim Lee was moved from Johns's Justice League. There were a few months between Lee leaving JL until the first issue of Unchained and there have been a LOT of delays in Unchained releases. Whether I agree with Pixie's subjective stance on the quality of Lee's work, objectively Pixie is correct than Lee cannot do monthly titles anymore based on his contribution to the New52 and his past works with DC.
    Last edited by Blu Berri; 08-01-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    It's Scott Snyder actually, Jim Lee was moved from Johns's Justice League. There were a few months between Lee leaving JL until the first issue of Unchained and there have been a LOT of delays in Unchained releases. Whether I agree with Pixie's subjective stance on the quality of Lee's work, objectively Pixie is correct than Lee cannot do monthly titles anymore based on his contribution to the New52 and his past works with DC.
    This has nothing to do with your post, but I just about died from joy over your Sailor Senshi avatar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    And his Maddie:

I loved Maddie. She was such a great character. I love Scott and Maddie together as much as I love Scott with Emma. Those two relationships were so great because of how different Emma and Maddie molded Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    That's because Lee is a big part of management at DC now.Paul Smith can't even manage his pencil at all.Jim Lee towers over Paul Smith on level of output and detail.Jim Lee has only slowed down recently after years of punching out pages.That is only because he has other responsibilities.Paul Smith is not in Jim Lee's realm as an artist.Tell me the last time Paul Smith completed a 22 page comic.It's literally been years ago.Jim Lee is still a force to be reckoned with and is still current in today's comic industry.Paul Smith is an also ran of yesteryear.I keep hearin about Paul Smith's Maddy.Maddy really?Maddy really?What about Jim Lee on any X- character?What about his Cyclops?What about his Wolverine?His Gambit His Rouge?They are the seminal versions.For every piece of Paul Smith art you post I can post Jim Lee art that is better.Sorry It's not even close.
    Last edited by doodledude; 08-01-2014 at 09:02 PM.

That's because Lee is a big part of management at DC now.Paul Smith can't even manage his pencil at all.Jim Lee towers over Paul Smith on level of output and detail.Jim Lee has only slowed down recently after years of punching out pages.That is only because he has other responsibilities.Paul Smith is not in Jim Lee's realm as an artist.Tell me the last time Paul Smith completed a 22 page comic.It's literally been years ago.Jim Lee is still a force to be reckoned with and is still current in today's comic industry.Paul Smith is an also ran of yesteryear.I keep hearin about Paul Smith's Maddy.Maddy really?Maddy really?What about Jim Lee on any X- character?What about his Cyclops?What about his Wolverine?His Gambit His Rouge?They are the seminal versions.For every piece of Paul Smith art you post I can post Jim Lee art that is better.Sorry It's not even close.

Your reasoning is laughable. This thread is about favorite X-artists which will always be a subjective opinion. Citing the fact that Paul Smith hasn't worked recently is completely beside the point. This isn't about the most prolific, current artists. I would argue that UXM #172-173 had superior panel art to anything Jim Lee drew in the 90s. Paul Smith's version of Wolverine was far better than any rendition by Lee.

Fave X-Artists of all-time?

1. Byrne w/Austin
    2. Paul Smith
    3. Bill Sienkiewicz
    4. Arthur Adams
    5. Neal Adams
    6. Cassaday
    7. Cockrum
    8. Quitely
    9. Bachalo
    10. Simonson

J.R.jr, Lee and Coipel would be somewhere in the 11-20.

BANNED

Kaare Andrews
    kaareandrewsAXM.jpg
    Phil Jimenez

Juan Jose Ryp
    RypX-Men2.jpg