View Poll Results: Which one of the DCEU movies released so far do you consider the worst?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man of Steel (2013)

5 8.20%
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

28 45.90%
  • Suicide Squad (2016)

20 32.79%
  • Wonder Woman (2017)

2 3.28%
  • Justice League (2017)

6 9.84%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The worst DCEU film

The DCEU is a pretty hotly debated topic in general, but I just wanna know now:
    Which one of the 5 movies released up to now do you consider the worst (and if you want to, state why)?

Extraordinary Member

Justice Legue wa the one that I was least entertained by. I thought MOS was average, BvS as bloated but he a lot of good concepts, SS was a chaotic mess but not unwatchable, WW was great.

Ultimate Member

The only DCEU movie I truly hate is BvS.

The other DCEU movies aren't really bad- Man of Steel and Wonder Woman are pretty good, Justice League and Suicide Squad are ok but BvS is just terrible.

Why do i hate it? It's all been said before but I'll just re-cap some of them.

Stupid character motivation- Why Batman is trying to kill a Superman that's only doing good deeds and saving people all over the world without even investigating to know more about him is pretty silly. The whole danger of "if there's a 1% chance of Superman going bad" made sense but wanting to actually kill him because of it didn't make sense.

Whatever Lex Luthor was trying to do was convoluted and messy (this wasn't one of Jesse Eisenberg's better performances). Superman calling his mother by first name (even in a time of distress) is...bizarre to say the least. Superman threatening Batman was very strange considering we saw him slam some warlord through a wall at super speed (i can't even tell whether that sucker was dead or not).

The fight between Superman and Batman was a short one sided beat down.

The movie is damn boring. Which was very unusual for a Snyder movie.

I expected a lot from BvS but it really let me down.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-25-2018 at 06:58 AM.

I'm gonna have to say BvS. There was not a single thing that worked in that movie for me.
    Be it the murderous Batman, broody Superman, Joker-Luthor or whatever else.

And as sad as I am for Zack Snyder's personal loss (losing a child is a horrible tragedy I wouldn't wish upon ANYONE), him not coming anywhere near DC movies in the foreseeable future is a good thing.

Man of Steel is still my favorite of the bunch, it's the only one I own on any physical media. The silver lining surrounding the entire DCU is Henry Cavil imo. Him in that suit is quite similar to how Reeve embodied the character. He's great.

BvS... pass, although with the sound off the pictures are quite striking. Characterizations be damned.

Outside of the initial theater viewing of WW I've only caught it on HBO and I don't find a great deal of rewatchability for it. The first third is excellent but her whole fish out of water yarn gets tiresome and she's only smashing pumpkin Wonder Woman at the very, very end. Everyone's acting is better than Gadot too and it's kind of a chore to sit through. I hope in part two we get more lasso, anytime that prop is on screen It pulls me back in.

It's between JL and SS. At least I got though JL, of course that was at the theater, I feel asleep on SS on an HBO viewing so that's the vote. Way cornier that it should have been.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

MoS
    WW

gap

JL

big ass gap

SS
    BvS
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Justice League are all equally bad, though for different reasons in some cases. But common problems to all of them is very poor characterization, fights that are more concerned with achieving a particular kind of special effect than telling a story (admittedly many Marvel fights have this issue too, but not as consistently), and perhaps worst of all was a story arc throughout them that, while conceptually poor to begin with, never had a chance of succeeding due to the interference of studio suits.

There really isn't a way to characterize any of these three films as less bad than the others.

Suicide Squad was trash. I can't think of anything I liked about it, really. Maybe Harley, and I don't even like Harley as a character that much.

Extraordinary Member

The DCEU only movie I actively dislike is Suicide Squad.

The more I think about it the more I dislike it.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 05-25-2018 at 01:23 PM.

In order of awfulness, starting with the worst it goes;

1) Batman vs Superman - For basically everything about it. 'Cept Wonder Woman. And truth be told, she was crow-barred in.
    2) Justice League - For being almost offensively blah, with the added ugh of nerfing Wonder Woman (and pretty much everyone else) so that creepy smiley Superman could do everything.
    3) Man of Steel - For making Supes a symbol of misery, moping and all round meh. I had no major probs with his killing Zod, but the overall disregard for life during the rest of the action was all too noticeable. And both he and movie are just so utterly boring!!
    4) Suicide Squad - A film that manages to be both forgettable but with enough memories of countless bad choices that you'd never wanna see it again.

Suffice to say, Wonder Woman is not on this list, on account of it being a good movie.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 05-25-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The DCEU is a pretty hotly debated topic in general, but I just wanna know now:
    Which one of the 5 movies released up to now do you consider the worst (and if you want to, state why)?
    Batman vs. Superman beyond a shadow of a doubt. "Justice League" deserves to be considered the worst as it went cheap and superficial all the way but at least it had some fun to it. B v S is just a contrived situation to put two heroes at each other's throats and a movie is built around it. Whether the motivations are valid or stupid, the end result is an almost completely joyless story about Batman as a madman, Superman moping and Lex Luthor trying desperately to be the Joker. As someone pointed out, Superman puts a terrorist through a wall and considers Batman basically a vigilante that brands people and sentences them to death. But he just lands on the Batmobile, issues a warning and leaves as opposed to say, arresting him, ripping off his mask and turning him in right then and there

Of the five DCEU movies from best to worst:

Best: Wonder Woman by magnitudes.

Way down the list at 2nd best: Man of Steel. For all it's faults, most of it is at least watchable though it's a horrible pilot for a shared universe or just for a Superman movie series.

3rd: Justice League. Yes it's horrible but at least it's fun.

4th: Suicide Squad. It's way down the list even from JL but it interjects some joy though it's a movie where the person in charge of the group (Amanda Waller) is someone you hate more than any of the villains.

5th: Batman vs. Superman at absolute worst.
    Power with Girl is better.