View Poll Results: Which one of the DCEU movies released so far do you consider the worst?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man of Steel (2013)

5 8.20%
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

28 45.90%
  • Suicide Squad (2016)

20 32.79%
  • Wonder Woman (2017)

2 3.28%
  • Justice League (2017)

6 9.84%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

MoS was absolute garbage for me. It gets my vote.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    WW wasn't objectively the worst, but I found it the most boring. It's the only one I have no interest in rewatching. I found it 'good' but kinda basic.

The actual worst is Suicide Squad. By a wide margin. But I've still seen it more times than Wonder Woman.
    It took me two viewings to watch Wonder Woman all the way through. I tried watching it again last night but gave up right around the same time I did the first time - just after the no man's land scene. It doesn't help that now I know that it's all building up to a very boring third act.

It's kind of amazing, when you think about it, that there are at least 4 other DCEU movies worse than WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yes given the circumstances, I had no issue with him killing Zod. But the utter disregard for life in the fights cannot be believably dismissed just by lack of experience. He would have to be patently stupid or have no regard for life to do some of the things he does in the fights. I'm not talking about parts he had no control over or had no time to think. Even when he initiates things and has a moment to think, he does things that anybody with even an instinctive dislike of killing people wouldn't do such as punching and slamming people with zero regard for collateral damage or even trying, just trying, to move the fight away from people. He doesn't even try. And that's because Snyder knows that a fight involving tankers exploding and buildings collapsing looks visually more impressive and is louder than a fight in outer space or in endless farm fields.
    He actually does the opposite. When Zod was threatening his mother, he took Zod AWAY from the isolated farmhouse and into downtown Smallville. I never actually thought of that before.

I'm honestly surprised so many people hate Batman v Superman. It has it's flaws, but I enjoy the Director's Cut of the movie. Justice League, though... woof. Whoever called it a Frankenstein is right. Too much studio interference, too much compromise, and too much CGI on Cavill's face.

Suicide Squad was definitely the worst. I thought Wonder Woman was the best of the lot but I personally enjoyed Man of Steel the most, except for Kevin Costner's Pa Kent. Hated that character.

I love MOS! It made me actually like Superman. I detest the old Superman movies so MOS was a complete breath of fresh air. I mostly like BvS but admit it could've been a bit better. Still solid. Justice league would be my pick for worst. My expectations were highest for that movie. It just felt rushed and they kind of ruined Superman after his first 2 appearances. This movie should've been epic but it kind of felt small.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    WW wasn't objectively the worst, but I found it the most boring. It's the only one I have no interest in rewatching. I found it 'good' but kinda basic.

The actual worst is Suicide Squad. By a wide margin. But I've still seen it more times than Wonder Woman.
    Like you I found WW to be really boring on the second viewing. Liked it in the theatre but at home boring. Not enough action for me. Not a bad movie, but overrated for all the good reviews.

I actually enjoyed JL. Low expectations and probably don't mind repeat viewings. Should have been epic but found it mildly pleasing. MOS I would also watch again.

Disappointed with BVS the most. The first half bores the hell out of me. Didn't mind the last part where the action lies.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Man of Steel was good and a solid start for a Superman movie series or a shared universe,but BvS was a botched move to hurry up and catch MCU. But despite its flaws, BvS was watchable and fun as a mindless fist fight and action movie. Suicide Squad was the worst because it was utterly boring.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

I really can't pick JL or SS as the "worst", so I just went with SS, because it didn't have a single character I like. JL at least had the Flash in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just wonder if anybody is actually gonna vote for WW^^
    Somebody will eventually but the opinion will be such an outlier as to not matter. You can't please everybody. There will always be someone who doesn't like something.

I thought WW was rightfully up there with a fair number of the Marvel movies in popularity although, since the main comparison with WW is to the DC movies, her victory is hardly a hard fought one.

I disliked B v S the most but I'm surprised how many people share that opinion. As I said, it wasn't a cheap and superficial movie to make a quick buck like "Justice League" but I think B v S is just darker and more morbid while JL is lighter.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 05-25-2018 at 08:49 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Outside of Margot Robbie looking really good, Suicide Squad wasn't that great. I think I've only seen it once. Did nothing for me. I'm actually one of the few that liked Leto's Joker but that's about it.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

I disliked B v S the most but I'm surprised how many people share that opinion. As I said, it wasn't a cheap and superficial movie to make a quick buck like "Justice League" but I think B v S is just darker and more morbid while JL is lighter.
    I’m not surprised. BvS was boring as ****. It’s Box Office legs were on par with Ang Lee’s Hulk. And let’s not forget the Razzies.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, this was pretty hard.

I went with JL because, while I hated it in the cinema, at least the Director's Cut of BVS made it watchable.

But the laming of the other heroes in the face of Superman in JL just turned me right off that movie. Especially Wonder Woman - she uses super-speed the first time you see her and then forgets she has it for the rest of the movie.

Tellingly, WW's own movie has only one vote at this point.
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-26-2018 at 12:34 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It took me two viewings to watch Wonder Woman all the way through. I tried watching it again last night but gave up right around the same time I did the first time - just after the no man's land scene. It doesn't help that now I know that it's all building up to a very boring third act.

It's kind of amazing, when you think about it, that there are at least 4 other DCEU movies worse than WW.
    Not really. A huge number of people find Wonder Woman not only watchable but truly great. Factoring in inflation it's box office is above that of the first Iron Man movie, which like WW avoids going for over the top action at the expense of character development.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

MoS was an ambitious movie, but some of its decisions did seem perverse. The non-linear narrative structure must have seemed great when it was being pitched, but in retrospect I feel it just helped to further emotionally distance us from the protagonist. That’s an issue that’s more to be laid at Goyer’s feet than Snyder’s, I would guess.

That said, it’s not a terrible movie.

Bats vs Supes is a trash to such an amazing level that i'm almost tempted to re watch it again for study.

Almost though, there is enough suffering in this world as it is, no need to add more.