Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boba Fett film?

Default Boba Fett film?

This is kind of making the rounds lately, although I've yet to see an official word from Lucasfilm (Same with the Obi-Wan film which has been rumored for quite a while but no official announcement). Reportedly James Mangold is attached, which seems like a decent idea-the guy did, after all, The Wolverine and Logan were both, in a sense, "ronin" stories, and Fett is clearly inspired by Clint Eastwood's man with no name, which is of course based on the Kurosawa Yojimbo film....sort of 'full circle', although I'm not sure Mangold would necessarily take the same approach.

Kind of curious though how the film would go, though. Would Temura Morrison, Bodie Taylor or Daniel Logan be brought aboard, or somebody with a reasonable resemblance to them? I'm pretty sure Fett wouldn't spend his entire solo film wearing his helmet. Would the film reveal Boba somehow survived ROTJ, like in the original EU, or take place earlier on? Or perhaps have the armor be passed on to someone else, somehow?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

This is the film they should have made instead of Solo.

They should just go the Vader route. Get a great stuntman to wear the costume and a talented voiceover artist to provide the voice. Fett works best as a blank canvas that the fans can project themselves onto and having an Hollywood actor coming up with an excuse to take off the mask gets in the way of that. Plus you save a ton of cash on casting!

This should have been the movie that was made instead of Solo, with Obi-Wan being second.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-25-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Ultimate Member

I'd probably make it more like a Clint Eastwood Man with No Name-type of film. Namely he just shows up, we don't learn that much about his past, does his thing in a conflict, and moves on.

Also if they're going for a "space western with a morally shady protagonist" then James Mangold is actually a great choice for that kind of film I think. I mean Logan, 3:10 to Yuma, Cop Land, Walk the Line, The Wolverine, etc. That's quite a resume there.

Every now and then I feel sort of guilty for skipping CBR's front page and just going straight to the boards. Then I see this.

"A Boba Fett Solo Film Will Redeem (Or Further Ruin) The Character"

Oh CBR,

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would still rather see a movie about Bounty Hunters all hunting one target and racing against each other than a proper Boba Fett solo. There are just so many really cool hunters out there like Dengar, Bossk, IG-88, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Zuckuss, 4-Lom, and others that to see them all trying to get to the target first ahead of Fett just sounds like a much more fun movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would still rather see a movie about Bounty Hunters all hunting one target and racing against each other than a proper Boba Fett solo. There are just so many really cool hunters out there like Dengar, Bossk, IG-88, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Zuckuss, 4-Lom, and others that to see them all trying to get to the target first ahead of Fett just sounds like a much more fun movie.
    Who is your main character here?

There was a bounty hunter arc in Clone Wars, and I think multiple storylines in the older novels and comics that had a sort of bounty hunter competition. The comic version of "Shadows of the Empire" in particular, had the other bounty hunters attempting to intercept Fett carrying Han Solo in Carbonite, so they could collect the bounty.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Eh, I'd rather have Obi-Wan first. Never understood the mass Boba Fett appeal. I like him fine enough, but I don't think he's movie-worthy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

before the prequels I would have said yay, blank canvas.

but really adding his dad as the template for all clones kinda marred the character (even if I love the clones).

It's doable and it would be nice to see what he can actually do.

I still love the idea that he's a pack of clones that keeps uplifting his consciousness. That way you can kill him and he comes back like a horror movie monster with great skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There was a bounty hunter arc in Clone Wars, and I think multiple storylines in the older novels and comics that had a sort of bounty hunter competition. The comic version of "Shadows of the Empire" in particular, had the other bounty hunters attempting to intercept Fett carrying Han Solo in Carbonite, so they could collect the bounty.
    Speaking of Clone Wars, I kind of want to see an official franchise entry that explains whatever happened to Cad Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    One of the book series did a good Bounty Hunter type fight. And I agree with you. A bounty hunter movie might be a bit more interesting. Or perhaps a Dirty Dozen type, they all go in after the same bounty and wind up in a trap and need to work together to escape. (Or be a better double crosser)

As for when for the movie, I would go post Jedi before Force Awakens.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

iMan 42s

I feel like their is potential for Jodo Kast. Like Fett taking on the much younger guy who took his name or potentially even training a legacy of his own. I would prefer it be after ROTJ cause the Sarlaac is a story avenue worth exploring. We're told he's the best bounty hunter in the galaxy and so him rebuilding his reputation is a good start. Not to mention that the Sarlaac can be killed and Fett was still armed when he fell in.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Like others have said, I'll echo the sentiment that Boba Fett works best the less you know about him. He's a cool visual with a cool ship, but that does not make a good 2-hour movie. That said, I think James Mangold is fantastic and I've said the same before Logan. So, I'm mixed on this one.

I enjoyed Solo more than I thought I would.

I do agree the anthology films should stay away from the main characters. Side characters like Maul, Boba, Lando, or even new characters like in Rouge One are great.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium