Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boba Fett film?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I enjoyed Solo more than I thought I would.

I do agree the anthology films should stay away from the main characters. Side characters like Maul, Boba, Lando, or even new characters like in Rouge One are great.
    I think Solo was a great set up for future movies, with Crimson Dawn, Qi'ra, Enfys Nest, Lando, and others I don't want to spoil here, there is a whole trove of material to work off of there.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

BANNED

This would be first Star Wars movie with a person of colour as the main protagonist, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Like others have said, I'll echo the sentiment that Boba Fett works best the less you know about him.
    Welp, we now do know a lot about him, and that's not going to change.

And if him being a cool visual with a cool ship isn't enough for a movie wouldn't it follow that knowing more about him would make for a better movie?

Best approach: Daniel Logan is Boba Fett and Temuera Morrison as Captain Rex or anther clone. Second best approach: Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett after the OT, having survived the Sarlacc Pit. Worst approach: casting another actor who isn’t Maori it doesn’t resemble Temuera Morrison in any way.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Best approach: Daniel Logan is Boba Fett and Temuera Morrison as Captain Rex or anther clone. Second best approach: Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett after the OT, having survived the Sarlacc Pit. Worst approach: casting another actor who isn’t Maori it doesn’t resemble Temuera Morrison in any way.
    And what do you do for plan B? Because both of them might be either unavailable of just plain uninterested.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And what do you do for plan B? Because both of them might be either unavailable of just plain uninterested.
    Logan appears to really want it. If Morrison can’t do it, the Rex part isn’t really a necessity. But if neither can do it, go for a Maori actor that looks like a younger Morrison.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

[QUOTE=KurtW95;3694130]Logan appears to really want it./QUOTE]But is he capable of actual acting?

Yeah, he doesn't really seem to have done too much outside of Fett appearences in fan films and conventions.

Morrison on the other hand I can see actually being up for it, he's still acting and set for Aquaman later this year as Thomas Curry.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Y'know, it would be kind of amusing to see Temuera Morrison play a Clone of Jango Fett that was played by Dee Bradley Baker doing an impression of Morrison .

Incredible Member

one thing for sure.

I really want this as part of the soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9XTeeA43o

Boba Fett : The Sarlacc had a butthole.

A gripping story of survival, courage against all odds and alien biology.

This movie is going to be crap hahaha Not to sound like internet Star Wars fan guy but please. Han was so soft and nice in the Solo movie. They're not going to be able to make a movie with a rotten bounty hunter that murders people and does crappy illegal things for money. He's going to have a love interest, there's going to be a scene where someone says "Hey you better watch out for buttholes in the destert" and then they look into the camera. I think I'm done with Star Wars haha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    This movie is going to be crap hahaha Not to sound like internet Star Wars fan guy but please. Han was so soft and nice in the Solo movie. They're not going to be able to make a movie with a rotten bounty hunter that murders people and does crappy illegal things for money. He's going to have a love interest, there's going to be a scene where someone says "Hey you better watch out for buttholes in the destert" and then they look into the camera. I think I'm done with Star Wars haha
    Welp, not if they're letting Ron Howard direct it. James Mangold on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Welp, not if they're letting Ron Howard direct it. James Mangold on the other hand...
    You seriously think they'll make a real movie about Boba Fett? It will be as milk toast as The Wolverine and Solo and all that other garbage. Mangold will either be fired or have a butchered film. We'll see nothing like Logan in the Star Wars universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    You seriously think they'll make a real movie about Boba Fett? It will be as milk toast as The Wolverine and Solo and all that other garbage. Mangold will either be fired or have a butchered film. We'll see nothing like Logan in the Star Wars universe.
    Can I borrow your time machine?

They should slow down a bit anyway.

Too many movies in too short a time. Let the damn hype build itself.

3 years passed between episode 2 and 3 for example, people were freaking ready to go watch that movie. People weren't thinking that much about the flaws of the previous one but were focused on the hope that the next one was going to be good.

A big part i think of the flak Solo took was because of the last jedi. The anger was (is) still pretty real and Disney has bring to the displeased people a fantastic opportunity to speak with their wallets.

Had Solo been released one or two year later, he would have been received way more positively i'm sure. The negativity is snowballing right now. Would be wise to let it calm down.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 06-10-2018 at 05:03 AM.