Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boba Fett film?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Can I borrow your time machine?
    We'll see in a few years. Did you see Solo? Am I the only person that thought Solo sucked? Am I living in another dimension? Did you like it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Did you see Solo?
    Not yet. Maybe this week if the weather gets a bit more bearable. I very rarely watch anything in the theatre.

Am I the only person that thought Solo sucked?
    No, but you seem to be part of a minority.

Am I the only person that thought Solo sucked?
    Since I was trying to avoid seeing it if it worked out to be a bummer with a solid trailer, I asked a few friends what they thought of it.

Maybe two out of the five I asked didn't care for the film. It went a little something like...

- "Just fell flat in every way that it could."
    - "It felt like "Made-For-TV" movie."

Still haven't decided if I'll wind up going.

Your expectations seem to be pretty low. Which is not a bad state of mind for watching a movie.

BANNED

We'll see in a few years. Did you see Solo? Am I the only person that thought Solo sucked? Am I living in another dimension? Did you like it?
    I just got home from seeing it and I loved it.

I'm old, middle aged old; and at no time in my life, have I ever been remotely interested in Boba Fett. Maybe I'm not quite old enough or not young enough. Perhaps when I first saw Star Wars as a teenager, I had just that little bit of 'meh,What ever.' that comes with that age. And that, which disinterested me then, is permanently imprinted in. To me, he's always been just a boring figure in a metal suit. I fear however that I may not be alone. I fear that I may instead, be the non-Star Wars fan base norm. I haven't seen the last two films but will probably catch them eventually in some passive "oh I haven't seen that one" way.

If there was a young Harrison Ford, Star Wars Solo film I would have seen it in a flash. I wouldn't have wanted it to be an origin story, just an earlier adventure. But whatever it was, if it had Harrison Ford I'd be all in. So it wasn't that I didn't want to see a Han Solo movie. Just that for me, that ship has sailed.

I have no interest at all in a Boba Fett film. Either fleshed out or as a metal masked man of mystery. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but I fear the market research has been caught in a Star Wars fan bubble and there might be little broad demand for this film at all.
    Last edited by Indian Ink; 06-16-2018 at 03:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I have no interest at all in a Boba Fett film. Either fleshed out or as a metal masked man of mystery. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but I fear the market research has been caught in a Star Wars fan bubble and there might be little broad demand for this film at all.
    How do you feel about a film written and directed by James Mangold, regardless of what it is about?

How do you feel about a film written and directed by James Mangold, regardless of what it is about?
    Pretty good, but can they trust him enough to just let him go for it. "Oh no! test audiences thought it was too dark and needs more love interest and the girl has to be a better bounty hunter and shot than Boba to get the females in. Quick! We have to do a reshoot!"

Doubt they will make another film, especially from all the hate Star Wars fans are making, and the viral Sith Posting memes, but they are pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    one thing for sure.

I really want this as part of the soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9XTeeA43o

HAHAHAHHA I can't imagine this being part of the soundtrack, but it would be really sick tho, especially people who are into hip hop.

BANNED

Pretty good, but can they trust him enough to just let him go for it. "Oh no! test audiences thought it was too dark and needs more love interest and the girl has to be a better bounty hunter and shot than Boba to get the females in. Quick! We have to do a reshoot!"
    Logan had reshoots. Most films do nowadays.

Logan had reshoots. Most films do nowadays.
    Indeed most do, but mostly they keep to the original plot and tone. The film has to be edited down, but in doing so it no longer runs seamlessly, or the action is now too relentless so they need a two minute quiet spot, or the omission of a sub-plot leaves too many of it's artifacts in other scenes. So a reshoot is needed.

I'd like a James Mangold Star Wars film but I'd prefer one with all new characters that isn't a (to me unwanted) missing link story.

I'm old, middle aged old; and at no time in my life, have I ever been remotely interested in Boba Fett. Maybe I'm not quite old enough or not young enough. Perhaps when I first saw Star Wars as a teenager, I had just that little bit of 'meh,What ever.' that comes with that age. And that, which disinterested me then, is permanently imprinted in. To me, he's always been just a boring figure in a metal suit. I fear however that I may not be alone. I fear that I may instead, be the non-Star Wars fan base norm. I haven't seen the last two films but will probably catch them eventually in some passive "oh I haven't seen that one" way.

If there was a young Harrison Ford, Star Wars Solo film I would have seen it in a flash. I wouldn't have wanted it to be an origin story, just an earlier adventure. But whatever it was, if it had Harrison Ford I'd be all in. So it wasn't that I didn't want to see a Han Solo movie. Just that for me, that ship has sailed.

Now I gotta post this for relevance...

2015-11-03-ROTJ-173.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty much me. Except I think it's really only his helmet that's cool. Sort of a sci-fi version of the 15th century Italian Barbute. Itself a reversioning of the Corinthian classical Greek helmet.