BANNED

Default "More is better" again in Green Lantern!

I had hoped that John Stewart's becoming a silly "Ultraviolet Lantern" might just be a set-up to finally flush the Emotional Spectrum. But au contraire! DC is doubling down on the same approach that drove Green Lantern over a cliff on the first place!

Oh my! Check this out.

https://www.cbr.com/flash-war-renega...ellow-lantern/

And not only are the Skittles Corps still multiplying like Tribbles, but the Earth Lanterns still are too. It seems that DC is moving Hal Jordan over into the Green Lanterns title!

This is an effort to prop up Baz and Cruz, who the company is desperate to make successful as Green Lanterns. Which is doubly goofy, given that that Hal isn't even propping up the title that has his name on it.

Oh my! Check this out.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...en-lanterns-52

If anyone at DC happens to be reading this, let me suggest a simpler and more effective solution to the Green Lantern franchise's plight: When you're in a hole, don't dig twice as fast.

No! Instead, stop digging.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 05-26-2018 at 05:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

You like skittles? I've got a Dalek Paradigm that may interest you.

Stop digging. Good advice for you to take.

BANNED

Hey Trey, from someone who’s tired of Batman popping up everywhere here’s some advice for your fixation on Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz: if you don’t like them you are not obligated to read anything that has them involved in any way as Green Lanterns
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 05-26-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Or Hal and the GLC getting canned is meant to make way for the rumored Morrison GL book?

That'd be nice.

Your hate boner for Baz and Jess is odd though.

Talk about jumping off a cliff. Guess he didn't see that the YL in question is from the 25th century. Also, Hal has been associated with Simon and Jess since the beginning of their run. But I don't think he reads any form of GL comic today so I'm not surprised by his reaction.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Fantastic Member

DC is you’re reading this, do the exact oppsoute of whatever Trey Strain suggest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I had hoped that John Stewart's becoming a silly "Ultraviolet Lantern" might just be a set-up to finally flush the Emotional Spectrum. But au contraire! DC is doubling down on the same approach that drove Green Lantern over a cliff on the first place!
    Again, Trey, you seem to keep forgetting that the emotional spectrum is NOT what has driven GL "over a cliff." In fact, the Emotional Spectrum is/was one of the most popular aspects of the GL mythos and even one of the more popular DC concepts.

Mighty Member

Wow so much hostility over a suggestion from the OP. But Golden Guardian being a yelow lantern was kind of cool, not something I expected.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Again, Trey, you seem to keep forgetting that the emotional spectrum is NOT what has driven GL "over a cliff." In fact, the Emotional Spectrum is/was one of the most popular aspects of the GL mythos and even one of the more popular DC concepts.
    During the period over Sinestro Corp War to Blackest Night was a critical high point for the Green Lantern franchise. The emotional spectrum was key to these storyline, as the Prelude to Blackest Night storylines were about introducing most of the new Corps, like Sins of the Star Sapphire, Rage of the Red Lanterns and Agent Orange. The editors saw enough in how SCW was received that a couple of years later Blackest Night revolved around the Emotional Spectrum, being the formal introduction of Nekron as the embodiment of death and characters from other branches of the DCU being recruited into Corps temporarily (Blue Lantern Flash was awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Wow so much hostility over a suggestion from the OP. But Golden Guardian being a yelow lantern was kind of cool, not something I expected.
    There's a bit of long backstory to it.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Astonishing Member

Here I thought with the title that Trey was cheering for it for a second.

More does tend to be better with the GL verse.

Course I’m still hoping for the Phantom Lantern to return.

I don't want the emotional spectrum abolished, but these new derivatives are indeed, well, derivative.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The emotional spectrum is what sells the Green Lantern mythos. I'm telling you if we get a proper Green Lantern Universe in the DCEU audiences are going to eat it up.

The only Rogues for GL the mainstream knows are the evil Lantern Corps. It’s laughble that you think people are clamoring for DC to get rid of them. Hal n Pals has barely featured them at all beyond Sinestro in the first arc, and the RLs in the first arc of GLs.