Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default How Poweful has Luffy gotten now?

It's been about five years since I kept up with One Piece but I wanted to start to catch up again. I don't mind spoilers.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well, he's got haki now, which seems to be a requirement to survive in the new world.

he's got his gear fourth technique which comes in two flavors: bounce man and snake man

and his observation has been enhanced to the point where he can see bits of the immediate future.

oh and his current bounty has just cracked the 1 billion mark, which puts him up there with likes of jack from the beast pirates and katakuri, the last guy he fought before going to the wano country, of the big mom pirates.

to show off how strong gear fouth is, this is how he beat doflammingo in the dressrosa arc.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    It's been about five years since I kept up with One Piece but I wanted to start to catch up again. I don't mind spoilers.
    Where did you stop? Like what was the last thing you remember happening?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Where did you stop? Like what was the last thing you remember happening?
    It was around the whitebeard arc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well, he's got haki now, which seems to be a requirement to survive in the new world.

he's got his gear fourth technique which comes in two flavors: bounce man and snake man

and his observation has been enhanced to the point where he can see bits of the immediate future.

oh and his current bounty has just cracked the 1 billion mark, which puts him up there with likes of jack from the beast pirates and katakuri, the last guy he fought before going to the wano country, of the big mom pirates.

to show off how strong gear fouth is, this is how he beat doflammingo in the dressrosa arc.

Damn! He's getting up there.

Alright.

So, there was a timeskip at the end of that arc which caused everyone to jump a level in power and gain new abilities.

For Luffy specifically, as Read noted, he can activate Gear Second and Third at will much more easily as well as Gear Fourth which has variants that prioritise strength or speed.

In terms of feats and/or achievements; he's torn a significant chunk of a city sized ship to pieces, the above posted city flipping punch, he's beaten down a super giant kraken and made him a buddy, beaten one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea (Donflamingo), defeated a guy with a bounty of 1 Billion Beri, has brought Fishman Island under his protection as Whitebeard did before him, picked fights with two of the Four Emperors, added Jimbei to his crew and learned to see into the future a bit.

Extraordinary Member

Ok, so that's right before the timeskip.

Luffy's first major feat after the timeskip was one-shotting a Pacifista. As a refresher, the Pacifistas a powerful combat robots that resemble Shichibukai member Bartholomew Kuma. Just one of these things was so sturdy that it required the combined might of the entire Straw Hat crew to bring it down, as in they all unleashed their biggest attacks until it stopped moving, and considering how strong the monster trio was at that point that's saying something.

After the time skip though...

...Luffy can blow these things up with a single punch. Which basically means that he could one shot every single opponent that he beat before the timeskip. Same with Zoro and Sanji.

That should be taken into consideration because that's like a standard attack for him nowadays and the people he can usually shrugg it off no problem.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 01-27-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Damn! He's getting up there.
    And the anime version.

Extraordinary Member

And here's the final part of his fight against Katakuri, the dude with a bounty over 1 Billion berri.

Made a point of rereading the Katakuri fight today. It's really solid stuff.

Heck, the Big Mom arc is really good as a whole. A ton of moving parts with constantly shifting stakes.

Extraordinary Member

Made a point of rereading the Katakuri fight today. It's really solid stuff.

Heck, the Big Mom arc is really good as a whole. A ton of moving parts with constantly shifting stakes.
    I need to re-read the arc myself. It was a bit of a mess on a week to week basis IMO and I think that just plowing through the whole thing in one go will improve my view of it a lot.

Alright.

So, there was a timeskip at the end of that arc which caused everyone to jump a level in power and gain new abilities.

For Luffy specifically, as Read noted, he can activate Gear Second and Third at will much more easily as well as Gear Fourth which has variants that prioritise strength or speed.

In terms of feats and/or achievements; he's torn a significant chunk of a city sized ship to pieces, the above posted city flipping punch, he's beaten down a super giant kraken and made him a buddy, beaten one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea (Donflamingo), defeated a guy with a bounty of 1 Billion Beri, has brought Fishman Island under his protection as Whitebeard did before him, picked fights with two of the Four Emperors, added Jimbei to his crew and learned to see into the future a bit.
    Yeah, that 'picked a fight with two of the Four Emperors' doesn't really help determine his power, since he threw one punch at Big Mom which she easily blocked and an completely drunk Kaido basically ignored all his attacks and took him out with one hit.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

It should be noted that he needed a *ton* of help to defeat Doflamingo, who managed to make Luffy fight for every inch of the battle even after Trafalgar Law basically shredded his guts with the Gamma Knife technique and Law still had to rescue Luffy so that he wouldn't be killed after Doflamingo managed to endure through Luffy's pretty much uncontested stomping of Doffy during the first round of Bound Man.

Though Luffy is presumably a bit better now, especially after getting a better grip on his Observation Haki and the precognition it conveys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    It should be noted that he needed a *ton* of help to defeat Doflamingo, who managed to make Luffy fight for every inch of the battle even after Trafalgar Law basically shredded his guts with the Gamma Knife technique and Law still had to rescue Luffy so that he wouldn't be killed after Doflamingo managed to endure through Luffy's pretty much uncontested stomping of Doffy during the first round of Bound Man.

Though Luffy is presumably a bit better now, especially after getting a better grip on his Observation Haki and the precognition it conveys.
    On the flip side, he defeated Katakuri pretty much completely on his own and I'd argue that Katakuri is stronger than Doflamingo.