Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dr Manhattan (movie version) vs Thanos with the gauntlet

Dr Manhattan vs thanos
    whose reality altering powers will prevail?

Just going off what we see in the movie there's nothing he can really do to keep Dr M down likewise I don't think Dr M can do a lot to Thanos can he?

After an inconclusive battle, Thanos just asks Dr. Manhattan to put on some trousers. Then they sit and talk.

I'm assuming we are talking MCU Thanos.

The OP only specifies which Dr. M.

Book Thanos with the IG turns Dr. M into a toy Smurf.

I agree with Choptop based on my recollection of Dr. M's scenes.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Could Thanos give Dr. Manhattan a physical body again, and then kill him?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Am I missing something here? What kind of feats does Dr. Manhattan have that put him even with a full Infinity Gauntlet Thanos?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Manhattan's body is physical, he's just really good at quickly reconstructing it.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    For what it's worth ...

There was one What if comic where during the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, Thanos decided a better punishment for Galactus would be to turn him into a human and trap him on earth with no memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    For what it's worth ...

There was one What if comic where during the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, Thanos decided a better punishment for Galactus would be to turn him into a human and trap him on earth with no memory.
    Heh. Pretty good if you ask me.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So, is this comic IG or not? I guess I'm missing something, too.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to be a stickler here and point out that Dr. Manhattan doesn't have reality warping powers. At least not in the movie (not sure what it's like with DC's latest train wreck).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm going to be a stickler here and point out that Dr. Manhattan doesn't have reality warping powers. At least not in the movie (not sure what it's like with DC's latest train wreck).
    He raises a giant glass/crystal structure out of the ground while on Mars. Other heroes say he can turn bullets into snowflakes and the like.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He raises a giant glass/crystal structure out of the ground while on Mars. Other heroes say he can turn bullets into snowflakes and the like.
    Oh, he's a solid matter manipulator, and in many cases, that's nearly the same thing, but he can't change a law of physics, or make something happen that simply isn't particularly possible.

Doc Manhattan works for a long time to come up with a potent energy source with Ozy. A good reality warper would just make it appear. He made a bubble of air for Silk on Mars when she couldn't breathe. A reality warper could have just made her not need to breathe. And then there's the question of the cancer patients: a reality warper should be able to just wish that bye-bye, no blood, no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Oh, he's a solid matter manipulator, and in many cases, that's nearly the same thing, but he can't change a law of physics, or make something happen that simply isn't particularly possible.

Doc Manhattan works for a long time to come up with a potent energy source with Ozy. A good reality warper would just make it appear. He made a bubble of air for Silk on Mars when she couldn't breathe. A reality warper could have just made her not need to breathe. And then there's the question of the cancer patients: a reality warper should be able to just wish that bye-bye, no blood, no foul.
    Hmm I suppose it could be some form of transmutation. Fair enough.

Lets be honest though, his powers should have been more than enough to get rid of cancer regardless.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Is there anything keeping Manhattan from deconstructing the Gauntlet or at least removing the gems? (MCU Thanos)