Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Hulk (MCU) and Hulk (2003) Vs Thanos (MCU)

Edward Norton/Mark Ruffalo Hulk and Eric Bana Hulk will be teaming up to take on Josh Brolin's Thanos.

Thanos will be at his base level i.e. what he was when he beat up Hulk at the start of Avengers: Infinity War (when he didn't utilise the Power Stone).

Given that Iron Man made him bleed with four Infinity Stones in his possession and he was at least troubled in various other confrontations (including taking Stormbreaker through his chest when he had all six), can two live action Hulks end him when he has none of them?

Does he still get his armor?

He dismantled MCU Hulk so fast that he is nearly a non factor here

once Thanos got his bearings straight after being ambushed, Hulk didn't touch him. Once.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Does he still get his armor?
    Let's say no...

I personally don't think the armor mattered much. He certainly never tried putting it back on despite having multiple chances to do so when he knew conflict was coming.

Bana Hulk has tossed a respectable rock and a tank. The tank feat is not wildly beyond space whale punching.

I think we have 2 dead Hulks here.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Some things I feel ought to be pointed out...

A)Iron Man only drew blood after a lengthy group fight that involved him, Strange, Starlord, Spiderman and others. Plus he had a brand new suit of armor that had weird nanomolecular capabilities.
    b)Stormbreaker was was built by the same dude that made Mjolnir and the gauntlet that lets Thanos withstand the Infinity Stones, and was specifically constructed to be that freaking powerful. It could quite possibly decapitate either Hulk with little trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I personally don't think the armor mattered much. He certainly never tried putting it back on despite having multiple chances to do so when he knew conflict was coming.

Bana Hulk has tossed a respectable rock and a tank. The tank feat is not wildly beyond space whale punching.

I think we have 2 dead Hulks here.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Agreed entirely.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Some things I feel ought to be pointed out...

A)Iron Man only drew blood after a lengthy group fight that involved him, Strange, Starlord, Spiderman and others. Plus he had a brand new suit of armor that had weird nanomolecular capabilities.
    b)Stormbreaker was was built by the same dude that made Mjolnir and the gauntlet that lets Thanos withstand the Infinity Stones, and was specifically constructed to be that freaking powerful. It could quite possibly decapitate either Hulk with little trouble.
    I'm... not remotely sure how this conflicts with anything said in the original post. If anything, it just confirms them with a little bit of elaboration.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I'm... not remotely sure how this conflicts with anything said in the original post. If anything, it just confirms them with a little bit of elaboration.
    Besides, its not like being "being involved in a lengthy group fight" somehow weakened the durability of his cheek.

Like somehow quill shooting his chest would make it easier for Tony to damage his.... not chest.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Ah, but Banahulk has something Ruffahulk doesn't. Actual feats for both a healing factor, and his rage increasing his power and size. Of the two he's by far the more dangerous. He might take Thanos by tanking him long enough to gain the power to win.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

I thought it was the same Hulk.

2003 Hulk disappears into the jungle of South America at the end, and then when Norton Hulk shows up ... he's in South America. And Norton Hulk is MCU Hulk.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I thought it was the same Hulk.

2003 Hulk disappears into the jungle of South America at the end, and then when Norton Hulk shows up ... he's in South America. And Norton Hulk is MCU Hulk.
    That was the original intention when they made the Norton Hulk. But Norton himself decided to change the script up to the point where it was no longer the case, but there are several bits of the remaining script that assumes the first movie happened, hence the truncated origin and the Betty/Bruce dynamic already in full swing.

Norton's Hulk is the MCU Hulk and the script was overhauled enough to make Bana Hulk non-canon. But bits of an intended sequel are there.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Ah, but Banahulk has something Ruffahulk doesn't. Actual feats for both a healing factor, and his rage increasing his power and size. Of the two he's by far the more dangerous. He might take Thanos by tanking him long enough to gain the power to win.
    MCU Hulk also has feats for muscle growth and strength gains when enraged. Wanda enraged Hulk clearly shrunk nearly 30% in size after having sense knocked back into his head. My evidence for the strength gains are the visible shockwaves this enraged Hulk's punches were creating, as well as localized tremors. Hulkbuster basically one shot him after losing the rage.

A slight healing factor as well. He's not bleeding all over the bridge after Fenris. His nosebleed has cleared up after the Chitauri had him pinned. He doesn't seem to be missing the tooth Hulkbuster knocked out of him.

Space whale punch after freshly transforming is still a better feat than any Banahulk accomplished. Unless you include Bana surviving the gamma bomb at the end of his film, which is a little nebulous. Mostly because theoretically that energy strengthens him, and he was trapped under his energy absorbing father.
    - big_adventure

Huh, you're right, he did shrink. But that was in a fight where he was under external influence, I don't think he ever did it on his own. But his leg was never shown clearly after the bite, how fast the wound healed is unknown. But for Banahulk they made a point of showing all of his powers, in terms of rage strength and healing. I still think he could tank Thanos long enough to overpower him, especially with a second Hulk as backup.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    That was the original intention when they made the Norton Hulk. But Norton himself decided to change the script up to the point where it was no longer the case, but there are several bits of the remaining script that assumes the first movie happened, hence the truncated origin and the Betty/Bruce dynamic already in full swing.

Norton's Hulk is the MCU Hulk and the script was overhauled enough to make Bana Hulk non-canon. But bits of an intended sequel are there.
    Well I suppose that explains why the second movie kinda sucked.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well I suppose that explains why the second movie kinda sucked.
    It is the weakest MCU movie in my opinion yeah. I much preferred 2003 Hulk.
    - big_adventure