Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Is there anything keeping Manhattan from deconstructing the Gauntlet or at least removing the gems? (MCU Thanos)
    Not really. But this is probably a quickdraw
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Is he strong enough to do that ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean... his powers on paper should be capable. But based on feats? Maybe not.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I mean... his powers on paper should be capable. But based on feats? Maybe not.
    As I've said before ... Communism looks good on paper.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So, if this is Comic Thanos/IG, comic Silver Surfer could do it too, right? He's every bit as good as Dr. M. I can't see it.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    So, if this is Comic Thanos/IG, comic Silver Surfer could do it too, right? He's every bit as good as Dr. M. I can't see it.
    Comic Thanos used it differently. He didn't have think something and then actually make a fist. Thought just became reality. One of the things he did was will himself up to cosmic proportions that even Galactus paled against. It was more like he and the gauntlet were functionally one and the same.

Movie gauntlet was more like a guy holding a gun.

Surfers gauntlet grab was only attempted after Thanos willed himself to be mortal in scope and scale again.
    - big_adventure

No one has ever tried, so I'm going to say it's got less feats than Manhattan so: Yes. To repeat, this is for the MCU version.

Has anyone ever tried to remove a gem/stone from the Gauntlet itself, or did everyone just go for that sweet sweet glove?

Comic Thanos used it differently. He didn't have think something and then actually make a fist. Thought just became reality. One of the things he did was will himself up to cosmic proportions that even Galactus paled against. It was more like he and the gauntlet were functionally one and the same.

Movie gauntlet was more like a guy holding a gun.

Surfers gauntlet grab was only attempted after Thanos willed himself to be mortal in scope and scale again.
    I know. That's why I've been asking if this is MCU Thanos or comic Thanos for the fight vs Dr. M

It'd be safe to assume, given it's crafter (the Dwarf that made Mjolnir, etc), is that it's baseline is "requires someone of Hela's oomph". So I'm going to assume it can't be easily destroyed by Manhattan given his lacking of the feats necessary.

Arx Inosaan

It'd be safe to assume, given it's crafter (the Dwarf that made Mjolnir, etc), is that it's baseline is "requires someone of Hela's oomph". So I'm going to assume it can't be easily destroyed by Manhattan given his lacking of the feats necessary.
    I don't think it's safe to assume that you need to be Hela or greater to pull a freaking gem off the Gauntlet, not by a long shot. There is some sort of force holding it there, but it is totally featless and not tied in any way to Thanos' strength.

[QUOTE=Dalak;3690665][QUOTE]No one has ever tried, so I'm going to say it's got less feats than Manhattan so: Yes. To repeat, this is for the MCU version.

Pretty sure Cthulhu was referring to Dr M, not Thanos when he asked "Is he strong enough to do that?" Movie Dr M has no high end cosmic feats like that, IIRC. And why are you insisting this is the MCU version of Thanos & the IG? I mean, it can be assumed it is, but theoneandonly hasn't chimed in since the OP. The OP doesn't specify.

Has anyone ever tried to remove a gem/stone from the Gauntlet itself, or did everyone just go for that sweet sweet glove?
    No, nobody has tried to remove a stone from the MCU glove. Nor has anyone with the book version.

I don't think it's safe to assume that you need to be Hela or greater to pull a freaking gem off the Gauntlet, not by a long shot. There is some sort of force holding it there, but it is totally featless and not tied in any way to Thanos' strength.
    You mean, stone?

You mean, stone?
    This is a pointless distinction to make.
    - big_adventure

Pretty sure Cthulhu was referring to Dr M, not Thanos when he asked "Is he strong enough to do that?" Movie Dr M has no high end cosmic feats like that, IIRC. And why are you insisting this is the MCU version of Thanos & the IG? I mean, it can be assumed it is, but theoneandonly hasn't chimed in since the OP. The OP doesn't specify.
    Because I don't think there's any chance at Comic Thanos going down to Movie Manhattan, I wanted to specify how I was arguing. And any question of Manhattan needing to be strong enough applies to what force he'd need to remove the featless gemstones. I think it's fair to assume it requires something strong to disassemble the gauntlet outright, but I'm not willing to accept that it'll take the same amount of force to remove the gemstones.

No, nobody has tried to remove a stone from the MCU glove. Nor has anyone with the book version.
    Then it doesn't require a cosmic feat to remove them.

You mean, stone?
    This is a pointless distinction to make.
    +1

Yea no I was definitely talking about Dr. M being capable of having an effect on things stronger than he's been shown to manipulate. Like no offense, but Dr. M (movie version) is not trucking in a lot of feats beyond "can't see the future cuz tacyons", some comments about creating life after doing some stuff ... nowhere near that level, and his standard "I make people go asplode".

He doesn't even vaporize them, he just blows them up in a gory mess.

As an aside, how do the stony gems not have feats ?

There's been movies of them having feats.

Arx Inosaan