Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He didn't shatter a whole dimension it was just the portal as for permanently killing Dr Manhattan I just don't see it it really doesn't matter how Thanos kills him or how many times he kills him he's going to be back however a time loop may work or time dump? If that's a thing he can do? I'd say trap him in the soul wold but we're not sure if that's how it works.
    I don't see Dr. Manhattan as any more isoteric than a dimension (portal to it or otherwise), nor turning that into some sort of black hole.

Fact is, the one thing that took Dr. Manhattan out in-universe, took him out for more than 10 seconds, and Thanos has feats superior to said machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He was floating, but given that he's made of energy that's ... up in the air really.

Teleporting machinery is also nice, but again, not enough. I only recall the construct moving as he was making it however, and given the size seemed more to be the result of making it than using TK. Either way, again as noted, I don't see it as enough.
    I meant, he was driving that big old martian construct around. After it was built. It was hovering from place to place like a hot air balloon.

He didn't shatter a whole dimension it was just the portal as for permanently killing Dr Manhattan I just don't see it it really doesn't matter how Thanos kills him or how many times he kills him he's going to be back however a time loop may work or time dump? If that's a thing he can do? I'd say trap him in the soul wold but we're not sure if that's how it works.
    Just for fun, lets say he can't kill him. He still wins the 10 count according to Rumbles.

Lets, just for fun, abolish the 10 count rule. He scatters him initially and then does the mentioned time loop. A time loop being something Wong feared might happen by accident. Or puts him in the soul stone. Or tells the stones "keep his pieces away from each other forever" and so forth.

If he can tell the stones to do something on the scale and with the precision of the finger snap, Doc shouldn't be able to overpower or return from whatever he ends up doing.

It wasn't just him floating tho it was the big clock thing on Mars.
    Yes. It was made of glass and mostly empty space. Thanos has the muscle to close his fist against that force, even if its slower in doing so. But he shouldn't even have that problem because he's faster than Doc.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I meant, he was driving that big old martian construct around. After it was built. It was hovering from place to place like a hot air balloon.
    Ah that's fair enough. Assuming vague maths, that's halfway decent.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I don't see Dr. Manhattan as any more isoteric than a dimension (portal to it or otherwise), nor turning that into some sort of black hole.

Fact is, the one thing that took Dr. Manhattan out in-universe, took him out for more than 10 seconds, and Thanos has feats superior to said machine.
    Ones again no one is saying Thanos can't kill Dr Manhattan the question is can he kill him permanently? As is stop him from growing a new body I don't think he can maybe wean we see how the soul stone works he can just trap Dr Manhattans soul but for now we don't no if that's a thing he can do so what does that leave him time loop time dumb port him to the other side of the universe and see how long it takes for him to get back? Probably not long can he come back from being turned into stone or something? I'd say probably so.

Lets, just for fun, abolish the 10 count rule. He scatters him initially and then does the mentioned time loop. A time loop being something Wong feared might happen by accident. Or puts him in the soul stone. Or tells the stones "keep his pieces away from each other forever" and so forth.
    O yes he definitely wins a 10 count but what do you mean scatterers and keeps the pieces away? That would work for someone like say buu but not Dr Manhattan as he doesn't need to reuse matter to come back like buu or the T1000 and as for the soul stone it was never shown traping a soul in the soul world or doing much of at all so it's useless so time loop or 10 count FTW?

Thanos should win but I see zero speed feats for Thanos. And no, keeping up with Spiderman is not a feat. Otherwise Deathstroke would be as fast as the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Thanos should win but I see zero speed feats for Thanos. And no, keeping up with Spiderman is not a feat. Otherwise Deathstroke would be as fast as the Flash.
    See my argument on the medium. Not the same. Nor is anyone arguing Thanos has some level of super speed. Even Spiderman clearly has an edge.

Its just that Doc is slow as molasses. Everything he does is relaxed and lackadaisical.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Not everything. There was his speech about observing things that happened so quickly they can't said to have happened at all or whatnot. There's his time awareness thing. But also there's the time he made those gangsters explode before they could draw their guns

The whole laid back thing seems like PIS or CIS rather as he loses touch with humanity

To me this Rumble is a simple quickdraw. Manhattan doesn't need to over power the gauntlet, merely remove it and then BFR Thanos. Since neither really has speed feats, it's a coin flip probably

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Not everything. There was his speech about observing things that happened so quickly they can't said to have happened at all or whatnot. There's his time awareness thing. But also there's the time he made those gangsters explode before they could draw their guns

The whole laid back thing seems like PIS or CIS rather as he loses touch with humanity

To me this Rumble is a simple quickdraw. Manhattan doesn't need to over power the gauntlet, merely remove it and then BFR Thanos. Since neither really has speed feats, it's a coin flip probably
    I'm going to assume a large part of his being able to react before individuals, etc, is because he can see what they're going to do before they do it. Kind of his sthick, not to mention Ozymandias made a definite point of blocking that ability.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

This feat (3:20)?

Because his hands were already clearly outstretched here. And the gangsters did get to draw their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    This feat (3:20)?

Because his hands were already clearly outstretched here. And the gangsters did get to draw their guns.
    This similarly does not help Manhattan's "me fast" case.

Arx Inosaan

This similarly does not help Manhattan's "me fast" case.
    Precisely. The guy is as slow as molasses.

He had his arm like 80% extended at them by the time they began to draw. One guy even had a bead on him, center of mass and everything. Besides, making a fist is faster than lifting a gun into firing position than squeezing a trigger.

Statements aren't feats. Like I actually agree with you. The statement makes sense based on his characters portrayal as a god like evolved entity. But still, Rumbles standards and all that.

CIS is more likely. Things catch him off guard all the time. He tells comedian to not kill the girl for example, but doesn't react before the deed is done. CIS is not off in Rumbles. Even if he was as fast as you or me, Thanos would still have an edge.
    - big_adventure

I'm going to assume a large part of his being able to react before individuals, etc, is because he can see what they're going to do before they do it. Kind of his sthick, not to mention Ozymandias made a definite point of blocking that ability.
    Seeing into the future is fairly useless for a Rumbles quick draw anyways. Not like he's actively thinking and aware before the bell rings. Like, he's not sitting in the locker room waiting to enter the Arena wondering how to change his future.

Just *poof* fight starts

Edit: also didn't Ozy just straight up avoid being grabbed by the guy? Even super sized?
    - big_adventure

Seeing into the future is fairly useless for a Rumbles quick draw anyways. Not like he's actively thinking and aware before the bell rings. Like, he's not sitting in the locker room waiting to enter the Arena wondering how to change his future.

Just *poof* fight starts

Edit: also didn't Ozy just straight up avoid being grabbed by the guy? Even super sized?
    Yes.

Also yes.

Arx Inosaan