Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Edit: also didn't Ozy just straight up avoid being grabbed by the guy? Even super sized?
    Yes (2:00).

Dude is slow. *shrugs* Like, he shouldn't be based on his presentation, but thems the breaks
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

he tells comedian to not kill the girl for example, but doesn't react before the deed is done. CIS is not off in Rumbles. Even if he was as fast as you or me, Thanos would still have an edge.
    It's not that he couldn't save the girl or was offgrard it's that he really didn't care all that much to really try hell comedian tells him that allso yes CIS/PIS is allweys off by default in rumbles in less I missed a ruleing?
    Last edited by choptop; 05-27-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's not that he couldn't save the girl it's that he really didn't care all that much to really try hell comedian tells him that allso yes CIS/PIS is allweys off by default in rumbles in less I missed a ruleing?
    CIS is always *on*. PIS is off. I think Dr. Manhattan's approach to everything more than merits being a character trait.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's not that he couldn't save the girl it's that he really didn't care all that much to really try hell comedian tells him that allso yes CIS/PIS is allweys off by default in rumbles in less I missed a ruleing?
    PIS is off. Not CIS. If the character is dumb or acts a certain predictable way again and again...
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

PIS is off. Not CIS. If the character is dumb or acts a certain predictable way again and again...
    Ok I see what you mean but I was referring to CIS as in forgetting to use superspeed or whatever or wold that be more of a PIS thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    This feat (3:20)?

Because his hands were already clearly outstretched here. And the gangsters did get to draw their guns.
    Yeah point being he's not slow when he wants to be. He still kersploded them before they shot him

He had his arm like 80% extended at them by the time they began to draw. One guy even had a bead on him, center of mass and everything. Besides, making a fist is faster than lifting a gun into firing position than squeezing a trigger.
    And thinking is faster than making a fist

Statements aren't feats. Like I actually agree with you. The statement makes sense based on his characters portrayal as a god like evolved entity. But still, Rumbles standards and all that.
    Except it wasn't statements like he can do it. It was statements about what he had already done
    CIS is more likely. Things catch him off guard all the time. He tells comedian to not kill the girl for example, but doesn't react before the deed is done. CIS is not off in Rumbles.
    Comedian specifically says he could have stopped it if he wanted
    Even if he was as fast as you or me, Thanos would still have an edge.
    Why?

Here's the thing. The character is NOT dumb enough to act like that. He acts like that because he just doesn't care. But in a Rumble he is bloodlusted. Aka he cares. Aka he will be fighting to the best of his ability

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Yeah point being he's not slow when he wants to be. He still kersploded them before they shot him
    Again, if you're able to see what a person is going to do. Acting before them is much less worth noting.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    And thinking is faster than making a fist

Except it wasn't statements like he can do it. It was statements about what he had already done

Comedian specifically says he could have stopped it if he wanted

Why?
    99% of his actions had an associated hand gesture just like the Gauntlet.

Statements about feats don't matter. We can't prove or see them. Only shown stuff. Otherwise Dormammu is indeed tougher than Celestials. The time stamp doesn't matter. Its just talking.

In regards to the Comedian, that's kind of my point? He didn't, because that's how far down he has skid away from humanity. Rumbles definition of CIS is "limitations that characters impose upon themselves". His weird slow not caring nature is certainly a character trait.

If he were as fast as you or I, he would still be much slower than an MMA fighter. Thanos is bare minimum that level. Put another way, do you feel confident you could dodge Hulk or raise barriers to deflect missiles?
    - big_adventure

Doc also did absolutely nothing to avoid being dispersed again by Ozy despite seeing the pulses of energy and having several long seconds to teleport or whatever. You can cling to a 3 second gangster flashback, but its the exception. Not the rule.

How fast do you think he is out of curiosity? I mean, he can perceive barely perceivable things right? Is he... Jay Garrick? Faster?
    - big_adventure

99% of his actions had an associated hand gesture just like the Gauntlet.
    Not on Mars when he created that giant clock

Statements about feats don't matter. We can't prove or see them. Only shown stuff. Otherwise Dormammu is indeed tougher than Celestials. The time stamp doesn't matter. Its just talking.
    No, that would entail Dormammu actually beating Celestials on his own as a thing in the past. Also there's a far larger body of work to draw upon for Dormammu's consistency. Manhattan appears in all of one film. Nothing particularly contradicts anything he says

In regards to the Comedian, that's kind of my point? He didn't, because that's how far down he has skid away from humanity. Rumbles definition of CIS is "limitations that characters impose upon themselves". His weird slow not caring nature is certainly a character trait.
    And that's precisely what I'm getting at. He didn't care about the girl, he'll be forced to care for *himself * under Rumbles rules because of bloodlust. And anyway the end of the movie showed that he did after all care when he goes to confront Ozy

If he were as fast as you or I, he would still be much slower than an MMA fighter. Thanos is bare minimum that level. Put another way, do you feel confident you could dodge Hulk
    Yes because Thanos doing so doesn't particularly say much one way or the other about him

or raise barriers to deflect missiles?
    Depends on the missiles I suppose. Or to put it another way, do you think Spiderman is as fast as a missile? Or Starlord?

Basically MCU Thanos doesn't really come across as some sort of speedster, like most MCU characters really.

Doc also did absolutely nothing to avoid being dispersed again by Ozy despite seeing the pulses of energy and having several long seconds to teleport or whatever. You can cling to a 3 second gangster flashback, but its the exception. Not the rule.

How fast do you think he is out of curiosity? I mean, he can perceive barely perceivable things right? Is he... Jay Garrick? Faster?
    He's as fast as Thanos, which is to say not fast at all

Or he may have superspeed depending on how you read that scene where Janey throws her earrings at him. Either way he's not slower than Thanos.