Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Nommo aka Dr Mist.

That guy looks pretty cool. Kind of looks like DC's version of Dr. Strange.

For Nightmaster fans, any ideas for what to do with him?

Tatsu Yamashiro aka Katana

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I almost thought this was real.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-22-2018 at 10:50 PM.

I almost thought this was real.
    Thanks.
    In my world, it is.

Fantastic Member

I wish this was real.

I really do believe Shadowpact is better as a team book with characters that aren't heavily pushed or have their own books. It allows for more freedom and creativity.

I'd be interested in a Nightmaster book that borrows some ideas from Bleach and Garo. I'll post my thoughts on what I mean later.

I really do believe Shadowpact is better as a team book with characters that aren't heavily pushed or have their own books. It allows for more freedom and creativity.

I'd be interested in a Nightmaster book that borrows some ideas from Bleach and Garo. I'll post my thoughts on what I mean later.
    I think Wonder Woman was the best choice to lead the team.
    Of DC's A and B-list heroes, she's the one with the strongest mystic and mythological connections, as well as a strong following to boost sales.

Meanwhile, after reading the first two issues, Tynion has done a really good job of setting each member up on their own individual journeys while giving them all valid reasons for being together.
    I also like how he's referencing older works, like Anerican Gothic, Zatanna's past and Khalid, which helps establish a solid foundation and a sense of history.

Swamp Thing's journey fits his overall narrative.
    Detective Chimp's does, as well.
    Zatanna's is the usual, but it looks like Tynion may make more progress with it than anyone else has since Morrison. Although, I do hope we see a return of her apprentice from the Seven Soldiers mini.
    Man-Bat's journey is only really just hinted at right now, but I think I see where it's going. It'll be interesting to see how he evolves.

I was also impressed that Tynion was allowed to embellish on Wonder Woman's childhood and some features of Paradise Island.

And, he's managed to pack in so many other characters, from Baron Winters to Klarion, to Constantine, to Doctor Fate and Traci 13... and an upcoming appearance by Blue Devil, that the lack of members really goes unnoticed.
    Plus, it's great to finally get a book with Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Constantine and Swamp Thing all in it at the same time.

Oh, and before I forget...
    Something else that I really liked was that while reading the books, not once did I feel like I was reading a New52 book, nor did I feel like I was reading a Rebirth book.
    It felt like I was reading just a good DC comic. It felt good to not be so wrapped up in the metafiction for a while.

The only thing I don't care for is the title. Although, I do understand that having 'Justice League' in the title pretty much guarantees a longer lifespan than if it was more appropriately named 'Shadowpact'.
    Especially with it following closely after the animated movie (which is currently playing on Hulu).
    I may come come to accept it later. But for now, I'll be referring to it as 'Shadowpact 2018'.

And, was this the first time someone actually referred to the team in-story as 'Justice League Dark'?

I think Wonder Woman was the best choice to lead the team.
    Of DC's A and B-list heroes, she's the one with the strongest mystic and mythological connections, as well as a strong following to boost sales.

Meanwhile, after reading the first two issues, Tynion has done a really good job of setting each member up on their own individual journeys while giving them all valid reasons for being together.
    I also like how he's referencing older works, like Anerican Gothic, Zatanna's past and Khalid, which helps establish a solid foundation and a sense of history.

Swamp Thing's journey fits his overall narrative.
    Detective Chimp's does, as well.
    Zatanna's is the usual, but it looks like Tynion may make more progress with it than anyone else has since Morrison. Although, I do hope we see a return of her apprentice from the Seven Soldiers mini.
    Man-Bat's journey is only really just hinted at right now, but I think I see where it's going. It'll be interesting to see how he evolves.

I was also impressed that Tynion was allowed to embellish on Wonder Woman's childhood and some features of Paradise Island.

And, he's managed to pack in so many other characters, from Baron Winters to Klarion, to Constantine, to Doctor Fate and Traci 13... and an upcoming appearance by Blue Devil, that the lack of members really goes unnoticed.
    Plus, it's great to finally get a book with Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Constantine and Swamp Thing all in it at the same time.

Oh, and before I forget...
    Something else that I really liked was that while reading the books, not once did I feel like I was reading a New52 book, nor did I feel like I was reading a Rebirth book.
    It felt like I was reading just a good DC comic. It felt good to not be so wrapped up in the metafiction for a while.

The only thing I don't care for is the title. Although, I do understand that having 'Justice League' in the title pretty much guarantees a longer lifespan than if it was more appropriately named 'Shadowpact'.
    Especially with it following closely after the animated movie (which is currently playing on Hulu).
    I may come come to accept it later. But for now, I'll be referring to it as 'Shadowpact 2018'.

And, was this the first time someone actually referred to the team in-story as 'Justice League Dark'?
    That's not the first time it's been done in fairness. They did that with The Circle in Gail Simone's run.

That's not the first time it's been done in fairness. They did that with The Circle in Gail Simone's run.
    Oh, I meant for a writer to embellish on her history outside of her own title.
    Usually, if a character has their own book, they tend to either be treated as window dressing in team titles or only be involved with the book's central story with no impact on their own evolution.

Tynion being allowed to do so shows that he's been given more liberty than most. And it also shows that he's working close with Steve Orlando, which is a positive thing. Especially seeing that there's the crossover coming up.
    The childhood past scene was most likely worked on with input from Orlando to help set up for the crossover.

Btw... I just added Wonder Woman #51 to my wishlist. I may get an issue or two next month.

Edit... I had completely forgotten that Orlando was leaving WW after the cross-over. So it's back off my wishlist. I'll still get the crossover issues, though.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 09-23-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Humoring myself...

This does make me realize that DC's mystical characters and teams could use more diversity in the problems they deal with. How would you guys go about that?

My proposal:

Hellenders: Demon hunting and excorcism.

Shadowpact: Mystery solving withing the mystical community.

Wonder Woman: Deals with gods of various pantheons.

Swamp Thing and Vixen: Environmental concerned mysticism.

Zatanna: Specifically deals with other sorcerers.

This does make me realize that DC's mystical characters and teams could use more diversity in the problems they deal with. How would you guys go about that?

My proposal:

Basically that but with John Constantine being the Guy to cross all the Lines and be the Rogue Element of the Magical Community

Incredible Member

My proposal:

I like those. I would also add in a group targeted for a younger audience in the same vein of Danny Phantom, American Dragon, Harry Potter, and Power Rangers. Teens using magic to protect creatures and citizens of the magical realms.