Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Whatever happened to Jean Loring?

Since I haven't gotten into the New 52/Rebirth, I'm curious to whatever became of the Atom's ex, Jean Loring? Is she still the murderer of Sue Dibney and went off the deep end in the the New 52/Rebirth?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Since I haven't gotten into the New 52/Rebirth, I'm curious to whatever became of the Atom's ex, Jean Loring? Is she still the murderer of Sue Dibney and went off the deep end in the the New 52/Rebirth?
    As far as I know, yes. Ray Palmer hasn’t been featured much at all and is currently in the micro verse alone.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Boisterously Confused

If that's one of the things that's survived two reboots, I'll be gravely disappointed, if not overly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    If that's one of the things that's survived two reboots, I'll be gravely disappointed, if not overly surprised.
    Sue Dibny's appeared in nu52 Secret Six in a role where she wasn't a part of the JLA. Her not being dead probably means she doesn't have a murderer.

Idk b/c before the JLA book with Orlando, there was some one-shots ...the Atom book with Ryan Choi had Ray Palmer in it and I believed there was a mention from him saying he had to pay child support or something.

But idk remember how many years had passed by that one-shot and his disappearance into the micro-world that the JLA book explored.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-03-2018 at 03:42 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Hopefully DC will address that at some point in which I'm sure it'll more or less be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    As far as I know, yes. Ray Palmer hasn’t been featured much at all and is currently in the micro verse alone.
    Minor Problem because Ralph and Sue are alive Post-Flashpoint so Jean killing her may be up for debate
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Minor Problem because Ralph and Sue are alive Post-Flashpoint so Jean killing her may be up for debate
    Interesting! Didn’t know they were back.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Well, it may be in that post-Flashpoint / pre-Rebirth span, so who knows if that's still in play now or not?

New 52 Secret Six had them in it: Ralph was on the team because Riddler/Mockingbird kidnapped Sue to blackmail him...

As for whether its still Canon, I’m betting it is, like with Ted Kord who is alive despite his death at the hands of Max Lord being canon when in current continuity he also was explainsd to have retired permanently from the hero game due to a Heart attack and never having died, oh and he was also a teenager when we saw him in New 52 but an Adult post Rebirth
    Last edited by Denirac; 12-02-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Swiss army nerd

She was assassinated by Brad Meltzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Glad to hear they're back. Yep, there's alot of loose ends so let's see where this goes.

I prefer Eclipso as female. See SUPERHERO GIRLS cartoon:

And the LEGO version:

We need more legit evil Female villains in the DCU (not Bad Girls Gone Good).

If that means holding onto the Jean Loring identity, fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    We need more legit evil Female villains in the DCU (not Bad Girls Gone Good).
    But I'd prefer them to be ORIGINAL, not just female legacy-wannabes of already well-established male original versions.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sue Dibny's appeared in nu52 Secret Six in a role where she wasn't a part of the JLA. Her not being dead probably means she doesn't have a murderer.
    Thank god for that.
    Pull List: Currently Empty