Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Emily Briggs aka Looker, a vampire

I actually read up the Vampires of the DC universe and they sound pretty coool

Incredible Member

I started reading Raven's Mini. Its pretty fun, though the way dialogue is written is weird sometimes. Has all of Trigons plans to rule everything always required Raven? He has never seemed like that much of a threat to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I started reading Raven's Mini. Its pretty fun, though the way dialogue is written is weird sometimes. Has all of Trigons plans to rule everything always required Raven? He has never seemed like that much of a threat to me.
    I think that does pretty much sum up every Trigon story ever .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that does pretty much sum up every Trigon story ever .
    Yeah. It's a shame that DC never built up their supernatural side because it seems like they have some pretty interesting concepts.

Astonishing Member

I like the magic side of the DCU with three caveats:

1. I don't like the ever changing Dr. Fate - I like a classic version. I don't mind a helmet wearer change but the new one being an idiot for awhile - nope.
    2. The angels - Having Superman fight Judeo-Christian angels - stupid. Spectre, Lucifer, Michael - they can be in the JC realm but let's keep the armies of angels and lesser ones out of superhero fights.
    3. The tendency for magic to overwhelm the strongest of the 'science' base heroes at times. Supes can't do squat against a vampire, blah, blah. No - should just be power rating. Marvel does this better. Now, DC did this at the top of the line where the Spectre did duke it out with Parallax and the AntiMonitor with mixed results. A werewolf should not be able to avoid a trip to the sun with Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post

1. I don't like the ever changing Dr. Fate - I like a classic version. I don't mind a helmet wearer change but the new one being an idiot for awhile - nope.
    2. The angels - Having Superman fight Judeo-Christian angels - stupid. Spectre, Lucifer, Michael - they can be in the JC realm but let's keep the armies of angels and lesser ones out of superhero fights.
    3. The tendency for magic to overwhelm the strongest of the 'science' base heroes at times. Supes can't do squat against a vampire, blah, blah. No - should just be power rating. Marvel does this better. Now, DC did this at the top of the line where the Spectre did duke it out with Parallax and the AntiMonitor with mixed results. A werewolf should not be able to avoid a trip to the sun with Supes.
    3 rarely ever happens though. Hell look how many times Shazam and Wonder Woma have lost to Superman or one of his enemies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post

Aren't the majority of this stuff missing or haven't been reintroduced since Nu52 and rebirth? Honestly when's the last time magic has actually been a serious threat to any one? It's all been cosmic threats or metas right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Aren't the majority of this stuff missing or haven't been reintroduced since Nu52 and rebirth? Honestly when's the last time magic has actually been a serious threat to any one? It's all been cosmic threats or metas right now.
    Day of Vengeance is the last time I remember a mystical threat being a major story in DC and even that was limited only DC's magic and mystic characters.

Koryak, the son of Aquaman and an Inuit woman who appeared in Peter David's run.

Garth aka Temepest aka the original Aqualad.

So if you were to make a video game based on one of DC's mystic characters

A) who would it be?

B) what genre would the game fall under?

C) which company would put in charge of it?

D) what content would be in it?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

A) who would it be?

I have multiple ideas

Hellblazer by Obsidian Entertainment. RPG with survival horror and action adventure elements. Not exactly open world, but set in multiple moderately-sized hubs representing locales such as London, Liverpool, and NYC. You can directly follow the main storyline, or get sidetracked doing side things, similar to games such as VtM: Bloodlines or Deus Ex. A timed dialogue wheel similar to Obsidian's own Alpha Protocol or those Telltale games. Emphasis on exploration and investigation, kind of like LA Noire but with less hats and more chainsmoking.

Swamp Thing by Arkane Studios. A survival horror "immersive sim" starring DC's Jolly Green Giant. A mission-based game, story inspired by the American Gothic saga from Alan Moore's run. Emphasis on a varied power-set to allow player freedom to complete levels by many different means - will you go in acorns blazing or subtly manipulate the flora to accomplish your goals? The DLC expansion would star Tefe Holland, Swamp Thing's daughter (it's a long story) with her ability to blend into human society changing up the gameplay formula.

Dr. Fate - the Dr. Fate game would be something like Eternal Darkness. Play as Kent Nelson and many other bearers of Fate's helm across the history of the DC Universe. Dunno who would develop it, but definitely not Denis Dyack!

The Demon by Capcom. Ridiculous over-the-top action brawler in the vein of Devil May Cry, with lots more rhyming. Mundane interludes between all the Etrigan fun starring Jason Blood doing um his stuff, similar how players raised funds by mowing lawns or collecting cocounts in-between those exciting assassination missions in the Nintendo Wii classic No More Heroes.

Amethyst by PlatinumGames. Open world action RPG. Discover your heritage as the Princess of House Amethyst and explore Gemworld, develop your powers across a host of epic battles. Gameplay would be in vein of those other big open action adventure games often featuring roleplaying elements that have occurred in recent years like Zelda, Horizon, Darksiders, Nier Automata, etc.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 06-27-2018 at 01:19 PM.

A) who would it be?

The Demon by Ninja Theory. Action adventure hack and slash. Play as either Jason Blood, noble knight of Camelot or Etrigan the vicious rhyming demon.

Wonder Woman by Platinum. Action RPG. Diana would posses an array of weapons and powers such as the lasso, the sword and the ability to summon animals to her aid. Would also feature DLC that features other Amazons as playable characters.

Warlord by Ubisoft. action adventure with open world elements. Alternatively an action RPG by Bioware.

Land of Nightshades. stealth action adventure. Navigate the land of Nightshade as Eve Eden. Use Eve's skills as a trained combatant Command the powers of darkness to aid you.

Blade of Honor by Team Ninja. Hack and slash starring yokai hunter Ryuku Orsono.

Heaven's War by Platinum. Stars Linda Danvers as an angel as she fights both the legions of hell and heaven.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-27-2018 at 02:00 PM.

BANNED

Did wonder woman get new magic based powers?

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Did wonder woman get new magic based powers?
    She's a demigod. Pre Flashpoint she was a being empowered by gods. She's always been a mystic based character.