Amazing Member

Default Selling Floppies to Pay for Trades etc

Does anyone buy current issues and them sell them when the arc, run or whatever ends and buy the trade/hardcover?

Any luck? Do you take a big loss? Break even? Make money? Just curious what others have for experience in this. Also are you selling on ebay?

I do it for some runs. I never make money on each floppy. Probably get half my money back per issue, but I'm ok with that seeing as the half I'm losing equals the enjoyment of reading it in the first place. I use ebay. I tend to wait until I get a deal on seller fees to make as much as I can on them.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Mighty Member

I used to occasionally do this when i still bought singles and usually managed to break even, or even make a little, more ofter than not. If you pre-order your comics (like thru an online retailer) to save $$, and your interests aren't too eclectic, you shouldn't have any problems moving lots via ebay. I found it more profitable (and successful) to accumulate larger runs and move them. People are more apt to bid on longer, unbroken runs than say a five or six issue arc in my experience.
    Last edited by awayne83; 05-27-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Incredible Member

I've normally traded them in to my LCS for store credit and have gotten usually 10 cents for each single issue many of them being crap from the 90's and 2000's.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Sell them on Ebay and depending on the run, get 40-60% back. Rare to break even. More rarer to make anything as single non-variant issues have little long term value. Death is never death. A universe altering moment only lasts 18-24 months till the next universe re-shaping moment. A few first appearances at most may mean something.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime