View Poll Results: What Will Happen to Emma as Jott Comes Back?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • She gets killed off.

1 1.18%
  • She goes evil and gets killed off.

8 9.41%
  • She lives and moves on.

52 61.18%
  • She lives...with polygamy!

11 12.94%
  • Other

13 15.29%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think some people here really overestimate marvel love for jott. they don't love the pair at all, if they did marvel wouldn't have done half of the horrible stuff they did (and keep doing)
    besides how can someone be tired of something that hasn't been a thing for more than 14 years? and no blue doesn't count that's just bait for the triangle (to make people keep hating the pair). Bunn himself has said many times they aren't a thing.

also i disagree if i like something and is lost i would like it to come back, just because i like it. It's not nostalgia
    It wasn't Marvel, it was Quesada that hated Jott so he had to kill Jean. He isn't calling the shots anymore.

new management, old ideas I guess. Bunn seemed very firm to make teen jean/scott a thing. White favorite pair is Jean/Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    (also remender, he wrote the drowning daken in hobo piss)
    Hmmm.... ok, maybe i'm not completly disgusted with everything that Wolverine has done in the last few years, drowning Daken in hobo piss is hardly a sin in my eyes .

P.S: To Daken fans, i'm half joking don't take my commentary to seriously .

Right now, I feel like nothing will happen. We don't even know if Scott will be brought back yet (Jean was dead for a while, even Wolverine was kept down for some time) and if he returns I don't even know if they would go for the Jott or Scemma route, even though Marvel likes to recycle themes.

And I'm ok with that, to be honest I don't think Jean, Emma or even Scott need to be on a relationship. Like, love is cool and whatnot but I'm reading my comics for more than just romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't think anything will happen to Emma. She'll be used by who wants to use her, and how they want to use her. However, I do think this is a fair question to ask. Jean was kept dead for a long time because of the "Scemma Era" imo, so one has to wonder how Marvel will treat Emma if they go down the Jean/Scott route again.
    This is just me, but I never took Jean's dead as a way to "propel" Scemma, like, to me at least Scemma was a result of Jean's dead and not really the cause of it. I always felt like someone at Marvel wanted Jean dead at a time for whatever reason (a character too powerful to write or something) and they just used Scemma as means for replacement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Right now, I feel like nothing will happen. We don't even know if Scott will be brought back yet (Jean was dead for a while, even Wolverine was kept down for some time) and if he returns I don't even know if they would go for the Jott or Scemma route, even though Marvel likes to recycle themes.

And I'm ok with that, to be honest I don't think Jean, Emma or even Scott need to be on a relationship. Like, love is cool and whatnot but I'm reading my comics for more than just romance.

This is just me, but I never took Jean's dead as a way to "propel" Scemma, like, to me at least Scemma was a result of Jean's dead and not really the cause of it. I always felt like someone at Marvel wanted Jean dead at a time for whatever reason (a character too powerful to write or something) and they just used Scemma as means for replacement.
    Wasn't there a rumor about Morrison wanting to bring her back but stopping short of that because he quit? I mean, lots of plot points were dropped, like Ernst being Nova, Magneto going crazy and all that. I read somewhere he had a death and rebirth plotline, but that never saw the light of day.

BANNED

Nah. Jean must marry Logan. They make a handsome couple.

Scott should be with Emma or maybe another woman: Maria Hill, Frenzy or Gamora.
    Jott is a thing of the past. It's a stupid nostalgia.

And Maddie only became a clone of Jean and an evil creature because Marvel's decided to bring Jean back. If she had stayed dead like Claremont wanted, none of this would have happened.

So, Jean & Logan and Scott & Emma... and everybody wins.

Astonishing Member

Generations of writers and editors change. That is something people dont seem to get.

If I worked for Marvel and was ordered to give Emma a new romantic interest, I would be afraid of giving her a new boyfriend I liked as a character a lot, because there is no way to know if in 10 years 2000s nostalgia is in, we get editors or writers who liked Scemma, and kill Emma's new boyfriend to hook her up with Scott again.

I hope we get new things, personally, instead of this constant nostalgia revolving door.

Jean and Wolverine is the pairing those fox movies pushed. Writers like the Scott Emma dynamic. Even when they were broke up tget still paired them together. DoX undid Bendis last issue. Also that wasn't the real Scott in PR. And when asked on Twitter the writer of PR said he never forgot he loved Emma e.g like in Endsong the real heart jump

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Jean and Wolverine is the pairing those fox movies pushed. Writers like the Scott Emma dynamic. Even when they were broke up tget still paired them together. DoX undid Bendis last issue. Also that wasn't the real Scott in PR. And when asked on Twitter the writer of PR said he never forgot he loved Emma e.g like in Endsong the real heart jump
    Interesting.

How do we know that wasn't the real Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Interesting.

How do we know that wasn't the real Scott?
    They were illusions hence why the body disappeared like her family.

He was the real deal. Jean even stopped fighting him

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Jean Grey is back in the land of the living! One of the questions this momentous event presents, assuming Marvel hasn't evolved and still won't let her be a separate character, is "how do the Scott/Emma stories get invalidated so that Jott can happen again?"

Now, given history, we know that there are at least a couple of possibilities. The last few times Marvel wanted to swap Cyclops girlfriend, the current one had to die so that Cyclops could move on without them exploring what is next for the woman . That begs the question: is Emma going to be killed off?

With Madelyne Pryor, one of the ways they absolved Cyclops of the ickiness of jumping ship was to reveal that she is an evil creature so it doesn't matter. With Jean Grey, it was revealed that Jean made him commit to moving on with Emma, so she's out of the way and Cyke didn't do anything not nice. Will something similar play out with Emma? What kind of story do you all think will bring Jott back?

Is Emma as good as dead? Will she ask Cyke to move on for the sake of his happiness?

Perhaps, Emma actually gets to live? Maybe she gets involved in her own separate relationship before Scott gets back and is therefore spared?

We can't say for sure, but we can speculate.

How do you think it'll happen?
    Emma isnt Scott's gf and Scott is dead. All the people involved in this triangle are single people. I dont see why anyone needs to be killed off nor why that should be expected were Scott to come back

His body didnt disappear in PR. He was written as being the real deal by Rosenberg in that mini

Astonishing Member

It is impossible to determine if it was the real Cyclops or not, what happened to his body, if he is still buried wherever Emma and Havok left him, if the Phoenix vanished with the body and now the body is missing, or if it was the real body and Jean and the XMen buried Scott again.
    And even if it were possible to do that, Marvel will do what they want ignoring continuity when they finally decide to resurrect Scott.

Even during the 2000s Scott would still think of Jean regularly, there was nothing out of character about Phoenix Resurrection and Scott still thinking of Jean when he was with Emma. It was part of the baggage of having a relationship with Scott.

BANNED

She's a villain. She goes back to being evil.

Now that Jean is back, I very much doubt that Emma is back in the x-books, at least not as she was before.

It will be sporadically, or as a character with gray tones, but I do not think it will return fully to the team.

Also would not be very redundant? how many telepaths are there in the x-books ??? Jean Rachel Psycloke, Marta, the cuckoos, among many others, and at least Jean Rachel and Marta are more powerful telepathically than Emma.

And if Scott, it does not make much sense to be in the X-books.

_________

Wait, then I remember that there are a lot of clones bastard children, and alternative versions of Wolverine, and nothing happens XD.

I think Emma will become bad, it's a hunch, or she'll be in a gray area, and she'll die to redeem herself.