Amazing Member

Default Who did star trek better goldkey or idw?

Not counting either marvel of d.c. which company published star trek in the manner best suited for the show>. gold key or idw?/

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

While there is a certain charm to the Gold Key books, IDW by a long shot.

I've read them all and I would say the spot where IDW soars the most is the NuTrek 'verse. If you are a fan of that movie trilogy at all you should definitely check it out. And you'll get double the enjoyment if you are a fan of both it and TOS because of the classic episodes references.

If you don't like the JJA\Kelvin 'verse and only the Prime stuff, they still have something good for you. Even Discovery! I'd love it if if they did some serious work in the ST2-6 film era, and DS9.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    IDW, obviously, since it has better stories and better art than Gold Key.

It is not fair to compare publishing companies from two different eras. It is like asking which car is better, the Ford Model T or Lincoln MKS? or which plane is better, a Fokker D.VII biplane or a F-117 Nighthawk?

Gold Key is from an era where most comic book writers and artists are as good as crap. Storytelling has become more innovative, more mature and more sophisticated today than in 1970's.The
    OK Gold Key fans time to take this guy on. Are you all asleep or what?