Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Boisterously Confused

Yes, there are legitimate gripes behind the attacks on Kennedy. And, yes, there is blistering misogyny behind the attacks on Kennedy. There is also filthy racism, and just petulant "that's not the way I wanted it done" behind the attacks on Kennedy.

I doubt that we could assign percentages without an in-depth content analysis of all social media and press publications on the topic. Even then, genuine motives might be hard to assess (how many "legitimate" comments are actually being fueled by something else?).

That said:
    There's no doubt that there are troglodytes who want only their vision of Star Wars, and who feel entitled to abusively scream bloody murder if they don't get their way.
    There's no doubt that a substantial percentage of those troglodytes' vision of Star Wars is very male, and very pale.
    There's no doubt that Kennedy brought a vision of Star Wars to the table aimed at females (who are out performing young men in both admission to, and graduating from college in the US, and who thus represent an attractive long-term target for Disney).
    There's no doubt that if a franchise as beloved, and as expensive to acquire as Star Wars ($1 Billion for the LucasFilm deal, wasn't it?) begins to falter, whoever is running the shop is going to take heat, both among the fans, and in the C-Suite.

There's also no doubt that one person rarely screws up a film or a franchise. If Star Wars is stumbling (and I'm not yet convinced that it has, Solo's performance being possibly a blip rather than a trend), it cannot be solely Kennedy's fault. Yet neither can she be faultless.

So, does she deserve some criticism? You bet.
    Does she deserve everything coming at her? I doubt it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    All of these are really good points.

Having a storyline for the whole trilogy mapped out from the beginning would have made a big difference, and improved TLJ(and I liked the film).

Filming them all closer together would have allowed for Leia to be played by Carrie Fisher in all three movies, and allowed her to be the focus in Ep IX as per the original rumoured plan.

Having Howard in place from the get go would have likely improved Solo's gross as they would have been able to spend more time marketing rather than doing reshoots and damage control. I didn't get excited about it until I saw the first trailer, and it was a fun film!
    It's more than just Carrie.

Admiral Ackbar's actor died between 7 and 8 and I'm positive he would have been a better foil for Poe (because he has the credit from episode 6).

Rogue One showed to me, that we need more Mon Calamari diversity.

Anybody in the original trilogy has to be assumed they are on a clock because none of them are young,

I said it for the prequels, but it applies to the new series as well.

before they dived into full-length movies, they should have done 5-minute shorts done by people interested in doing the movies in the new timeline and done them in front of movies and/or on youtube. This would have fleshed out the new universe, added connective tissue for future movies and even added a mechanism to stop some of the biggest grumbles.

This was one of the best things about Grindhouse, it's how they sold Avengers-earth's mightiest heroes and would have been fun getting people onboard with new characters in small stories.

and if they sucked, you haven't bet the farm on an expensive movie.
    Last edited by shades of eternity; 06-23-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I've been a casual observer of Star Wars salt for many years near, opting for the more cerebral platform of Star Trek, I couldn't help but grin as a mob of fans cried monotonously, "George Lucas r**** our childhood!" Now it seems the fandom has outgrown its loathing of George Lucas and now have a hate boner for Kathleen Kennedy, current president of Lucas Films.

Just type in Kathleen Kennedy in Youtube and you'll hear cries for her to be expelled from Lucas Film and that she is the primary culprit behind Star Wars current quality and now financial decline. Thing is, most of these people are the usual 'gentlemen' that spout buzzwords like EssJayDoubleuu and the like, i.e. loser alt-right babies. But now since Solo I'm seeing her face plastered on the tumbnails of videos from people I don't think are openly misogynistic. You can even seeing progressive voices criticize her for failing to introduce more female and minority directors.

Is the hatred towards Kathleen Kennedy justified or are these people just crybabies?
    Star Trek = "Cerebral" lol

But the answer is both.

I don't really think that it has anything to do with her being a woman though. The fact is that they tried to make her into a Lucas or Feige type figurehead in addition to her regular job. This is what happens when you give fans a target. They target it.

Things are getting wild! https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2018/...edy-onslaught/

Secret Meetings! Intrigue! Four Quadrant restoration!
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-26-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    Actually, it is. Not all of it (Abrams Trek not so much), but as a Trekkie, I can confirm that it is more cerebral-minded than some of its peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Things are getting wild! https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2018/...edy-onslaught/

Secret Meetings! Intrigue! Four Quadrant restoration!
    Is that YouTuber considered an accurate source of info? I somehow got the impression that she's not exactly very objective in her work?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

She can do business; she can't do franchises.

- Besides the state Star Wars is in now, she lied to George's face about the preservation of his characters and lore.
    - She isn't creative nor respectful.
    - And her view of feminism isn't intersectional as she is the definition of White Feminist.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    I was just being coy
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Actually, it is. Not all of it (Abrams Trek not so much), but as a Trekkie, I can confirm that it is more cerebral-minded than some of its peers.
    Don't get me wrong, I generally enjoy Star Trek (though the Holodeck annoys me) but this is like saying Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is more historical than the Highlander.

Yeah, that's fair I guess, maybe, but it seems like a strange thing to point out on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I was just being coy
    0_0