Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I quit after Rachel was sent to the future and didn't start reading/collecting again until she returned nearly 10 years later in Cable. I'd do the same if she were killed now, and if she dies she's not coming back.

I banished all the Marvel books when they killed Jean Grey and showed fans they didn't want to bring her back.
    I sadly even banished books written by people like Peter David (that I really like). But I didn't want to pay even 1 ct for a company run by cynical people who loathed Jean Grey and their fans. There is a least 10 years of topics on the Jean Grey board (ex yuku) proving my point.

I'm glad that Jean is back. But something is still broken in my fanboy heart.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Simple, if Magneto dies, I won't buy any comic book. Blue's the only one i'm pulling lol.

What I did before and quit buying until the character is back or at least an alt version I find appealing.

Astonishing Member

Where the Thunderbird fans at?

I would spend less money on comics for sure, but I don't think I would stop reading altogether if Rogue were killed permanently. I think I might quit them eventually, but I would still pick up an issue or two a month

Basically I'd start my own comic with hookers and blackjack ah I'm getting to old for comics anyway.

Way back in 2001, Marvel killed Colossus while Quesada and Jemis were promising "dead is dead, no resurrections" and Colossus was the first to die. I stopped reading Marvel books (besides Ultimate X-Men, where that universe's version of the character was alive). I was bummed out, but still bought comics, just not the 616 Marvel line. It was not like I was "boycotting" Marvel, but I did not care for the Marvel universe without Colossus in it (also, this was an odd era in MU history). Eventually, a few years later, curiosity brought me back to trying out some MU titles, and lo and behold, one was Whedon and Cassidy's Astonishing, and been reading a lot of Marvel books since then.

Luckily I have a couple favorites now, so I might be persuaded to stick around for something. But I would probably be dropping books for sure.

BANNED

Wait for literally 15 years and watch the franchise become mostly about faux machismo with some nice spots sprinkled in.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The world's not gonna end because my favorite mutant dies permanently (or whatever passes off for permanent by comic standards at least)

I'll just bump up whoever ends up being #2 at the moment to number 1 and keep reading about the other ones that I enjoy.

Rogue is safe she is a media mainstream xmen, so there's not permanently killing for her. even so if they kill her they will bring her back as a alternate universe character, undo the death, a miniserie , flashback or etc.

There not guaranted death for a bucket producer character. now ill be worried if my fave is a new xmen like Icarus or someone like that, they have less hope

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm getting to old for comics anyway.
    I told myself this twenty years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

There are a lot of characters I feel different amounts of positive for I don't really a single "Favorite" that way

I will be enraged if they "character assassinate" Magneto again though

It would be a foolish thing to get rid of Briar from the X-books I like her PoV and antics

Lots of people feel the character of Polaris while not physically killed has been "personality-wise killed" repeatedly.

Doug Ramsey, another char I enjoy, was killed long long ago but relatively recently revived and even given a nice role in AllNewXFactor. Since then crickets although I saw a scan someone posted from a random book he made a cameo in, where the author seemingly ruined his character...?

I try to just ignore dumb authors writing chars I like in stupid ways and hope better writers will get a hold of them eventually and do them more justice
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Mine was killed 3 times since 2015 as a prop to hype other characters, so I've already accepted he's a tool for Marvel to **** on whenever they want. I gave up.