Spectacular Member

Default Has superior octopus shown up at all recently?

I really like the costume of superior octopus and really want to see if he will become an anti hero of some kind, being he does have some peter parker dna in his clone body

No, haven't seen him since Secret Empire ended. It wouldn't surprise me if Nick Spencer undoes the Superior Octopus thing soon and returns Ock to a more traditional form; I cannot imagine Superior Ock was meant to be long-term anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    No, haven't seen him since Secret Empire ended. It wouldn't surprise me if Nick Spencer undoes the Superior Octopus thing soon and returns Ock to a more traditional form; I cannot imagine Superior Ock was meant to be long-term anyway.
    If he does that, i would have my respect regardless of the quality of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I think Superior Octopus will probably be undone at some point but I wouldn't be surprised if Slott tries to carry him over into his books, assuming he's allowed too.

Mighty Member

I suspect they'll keep him in the younger body. It would not have been hard, in the context of Clone Conspiracy, to give Otto his old man body. I assume they went this direction to make Doc Ock younger and more formidable, physically.

iMan 42s

It would be a waste to get rid of that so early into its lifespan. Superior Octopus honestly should stick around for making marketing easier on Marvel and for the kind of direction it can give Spider-man books. That is to say a villain who knows Peter, can hit him on the same power level as well as emotionally. Not to mention it makes throwdowns with other heroes make a bit more sense because Ock was formerly an ailing old man. A human man at that. Less stretching for how Otto can somehow survive Ironman punching him in the face, an act that should kill him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets carried over to Iron man or Fantastic Four. That being said, I'm genuinely surprised Dan Slott didn't do an Octopus book. Considering he posts here sometimes I'm wondering if he'll tell us if it got pitched or not.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

During the Fear (whatever the mini-series was called with the 7 hammers) crossover Doctor Octopus did take on Iron Man so I would be surprised if he shows up in Iron man during Slott's run. If I remember correctly Oct was shown to be a rival of Tony's. Also remember the Vulture was made young again for several years in Amazing Spider-Man before he was returned to his natural age.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It would be a waste to get rid of that so early into its lifespan. Superior Octopus honestly should stick around for making marketing easier on Marvel and for the kind of direction it can give Spider-man books. That is to say a villain who knows Peter, can hit him on the same power level as well as emotionally. Not to mention it makes throwdowns with other heroes make a bit more sense because Ock was formerly an ailing old man. A human man at that. Less stretching for how Otto can somehow survive Ironman punching him in the face, an act that should kill him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets carried over to Iron man or Fantastic Four. That being said, I'm genuinely surprised Dan Slott didn't do an Octopus book. Considering he posts here sometimes I'm wondering if he'll tell us if it got pitched or not.
    I don't think anyone really cares that much about the probability of how people can survive punches from Superheroes in a genre that so generally requires people, even non-invulnerable people, to get punched on a daily basis .

But I don't think Doc Ock in a Peter Parker clone body and with Spider-Powers will have the saying power of Doctor Octopus.

Slott would probably use him in his Iron Man run and then would put him back in his classic look eventually.

spoilers:
    See Today’s ASM #800
    end of spoilers