Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, it's not "lies" in a technical sense, but I do believe that Dumbledore said the mirror doesn't "offer any truth," so I figured I'd say Diana would be unaffected by it.
    Diana doesn't have some kind of blanket immunity from being lied to. It's just the she (usually) sees right through it.

Also, Dumbledore is a dumbass because obviously the Mirror doesn't lie. It shows your true heart's desire, not some made up desire.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    You're posting on a fan forum for a mythology where the big bad's name is pronounced "Dark Side."
    Ha! Game, Set, Match to you.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, it's not "lies" in a technical sense, but I do believe that Dumbledore said the mirror doesn't "offer any truth," so I figured I'd say Diana would be unaffected by it. Mostly just to provide something different to the conversation; I'm sure there's tons of examples of this sort of thing happening to her in the comics.

And good point on Lobo; there'd definitely be a lot of women and money with his reflection. Though with the cash he'd save with a bottomless beer he could probably afford all the women he wanted
    Well if you say so though i generally thought that statement means that the mirror jsut wouldn't give you anything helpful in life since people have stared at the mirror unable to look away as they've found themselves lost in seeing their dreams come true. not that i can name any moment where Diana would have seen her dreams come true whether because an enemy tricked her or anything but the closest one cna get was the story where new character Singularity Jain tried to corrupt her Lasso of Truth and influence her into wanting to be worshiped. But kudos for tying to add something different to the conversation. And thanks.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

****, we haven't gotten to the villains yet.

Luthor would see himself as supreme leader of a world advancing in his image and rid of metahumans and capes.

Joker would see everyone around him, especially Batman, laughing, being as crazy as he is. Finally "getting it".

Sinestro would see himself as sole guardian of the universe, his planets in perfect order.

Riddler sees himself adored and recognized by the public as the smartest man ever.

I thought Heat Wave would want to see his family alive, but I think he's so far gone he probably just wants to burn himself. Cold would want his sister alive, Wizard his brother.

What would scarecrow see?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    ****, we haven't gotten to the villains yet.

Luthor would see himself as supreme leader of a world advancing in his image and rid of metahumans and capes.

Joker would see everyone around him, especially Batman, laughing, being as crazy as he is. Finally "getting it".

Sinestro would see himself as sole guardian of the universe, his planets in perfect order.

Riddler sees himself adored and recognized by the public as the smartest man ever.

I thought Heat Wave would want to see his family alive, but I think he's so far gone he probably just wants to burn himself. Cold would want his sister alive, Wizard his brother.

What would scarecrow see?
    Scarcrow would probably see himself as the scariest man in Gotham with everyone panicking and running in fear of him even Batman. And your list of villains is bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Hmm - hadn't thought about it before, but I would mostly agree with you except that Sinestro would see himself as the sole Leader of the GLC, surrounded by comrades -- who of course do everything he says and totally agrees with his notion of how to run things. He'd be flanked by Abin Sur and Hal - his best buddies. (as much as a sociopath like him can conceptualize friendship )

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Diana doesn't have some kind of blanket immunity from being lied to. It's just the she (usually) sees right through it.

Also, Dumbledore is a dumbass because obviously the Mirror doesn't lie. It shows your true heart's desire, not some made up desire.
    No, I know she doesn't have any kind of "magic shield" against lies. But she does have a knack for seeing through deceptions of all kinds, and I swear it's been said/hinted at that her connection to Truth, as a concept, makes it hard to fool her even with magic (not impossible, just difficult). It's not a magical ability or anything, but.....something like a heightened sense I suppose?

But again, I was just trying to add something a little different here, I was not adhering to the canon itself. And Dumbledore was an idiot for far more reasons than just the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hmm - hadn't thought about it before, but I would mostly agree with you except that Sinestro would see himself as the sole Leader of the GLC, surrounded by comrades -- who of course do everything he says and totally agrees with his notion of how to run things. He'd be flanked by Abin Sur and Hal - his best buddies. (as much as a sociopath like him can conceptualize friendship )
    Seems spot on to me. Every planet perfectly ordered and aligned, everyone looking to him for leadership, and his closest friends finally seeing the right of things and joining his side.

Man, I love me some Sinestro. He's easily one of the best villains in all of comics, and (IMO) one of the most interesting characters regardless of where he falls on the hero-villain morality scale.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Orion would probably see himself holding Darkseid's severed head in his hands, the bodies of his dead enemies piled up to the sky behind him.

Due how limiting it is to make guesses for him. My best guess for Steve Trevor well at least the Chris Pine version anyway would be three things one he would see the people who he lost in the past alive and living happily with the men he called friends and together with Diana.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    You're posting on a fan forum for a mythology where the big bad's name is pronounced "Dark Side."
    I thought it was pronounced Darkseed. I was really disappointed. This is the company whose main selling point is a guy named Batman though, so I should've expected that. They just did a really good job at making Batman as realistic as possible that you forget the more goofy side. The Nolan movies really set an unrealistic standard for anyone trying to get into DC comics after watching them.

Talking about me.

In Mr. Miracle 9 has just appeared the opposite of the Mirror of Erised: the mirror of Goodness, which show you, well, not goodness.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Guy Gardner would see himself and Ice cozied up on his couch while he loses his temper over the bad call the ref made on TV, ready to throw his half empty beer at it as sparks fly from his ring. Ice finds it all funny.

Booster would see himself and Ted getting in trouble again.

J'onn would be sharing Chocos with his family on the watchtower after having introduced them to his wonderful friends. That's it. Now I'm sad.

For Jay Garrick, I think it'd just be celebrating Joan's birthday with all his friends and family, young and old. Not even in costumes. Just as family.