Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default International Teams & Heroes (DOOMMSDAY CLOCK #5 SPOILERS)

International Teams and Heroes. Iwould love to see these teams used along with Africa's Kingdom and Mexico's Justicia.

Peoples Heroes

Last edited by Lonewolf36; 05-30-2018 at 01:11 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Fascinating Geoff Johns continues to impress me. There's a whole world out there for DC's writers to play with and they are already playing with but not for long any way. But still great stuff that I would like to see in action some day.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Finally something to make interested in Doomsday Clock ! Or more accurately, its aftermath, if D.C. is willing to pick on all those teams and the Supermen Theory later on, since I can't see all those characters popping into Doomsday Clock.

Mighty Member

Dammit Johns! What are you up to? Seeing Geo-Force gets me so pumped, especially since we all know The Outsiders are around the corner!!!!!!!!
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

So aside from a couple names sprinkled throughout, this is pretty much meaningless to me, but the bit about Kenan is wrong. The dude literally announced to the world that he was Kenan Kong at the same time he revealed there was a Super-Man of China.

Of course this is a timeline we know we're never gonna see, much like Future's End, so maybe that's it. Because even if you ignore everything else, there's no way with an Outsiders book on the way that we're ever gonna see that awful line-up.
    Last edited by Assam; 05-30-2018 at 01:35 AM.

Don't really see what they can do with most of these characters. DC is already struggling to use and balance all the characters they have with the current teams they have running around now. Though I do like that places outside of the US might get some focus again. So that is a plus.

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

Oh finally, international teams and solo heroes make the DCU feel much more lived in for me. Nice to see them remember Markovia and the inclusion of India but the absence of the Kingdom is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by baycitybomber View Post
    Oh finally, international teams and solo heroes make the DCU feel much more lived in for me. Nice to see them remember Markovia and the inclusion of India but the absence of the Kingdom is weird.
    Kingdom is now defunct with most of it's members dead but i would have liked to see Mexico's Justicia included. Also nice to see Golden Pharaoh from the old Super Powers toy line make it into mainstream DC.

Justicia

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Don't really see what they can do with most of these characters. DC is already struggling to use and balance all the characters they have with the current teams they have running around now. Though I do like that places outside of the US might get some focus again. So that is a plus.
    I guess apart from a few guest appearances they will anyway not do anything with the majority of them.

Pretty cool that they're giving at least a nod to international teams. I don't expect to see all of them again and some I could do without (like the Markovian Outsiders), but I hope they have something big planned to spotlight more international characters.
    I would LOVE if this lead to a new, less stereotypical take on the Global Guardians.

Ps: Johns obviously didn't read New Super-Man, or Dragonson would have been mentioned too.

Doomsday Clock is set eight months in the future, so we don't know if Dragonson is still affiliated with the JLC by that point.

The cynicism in the teams is really interesting, and shows how beaten down the DCU is at that point. The JLE has a serial killer among its members!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Ps: Johns obviously didn't read New Super-Man, or Dragonson would have been mentioned too.
    You have to keep in mind how far this book is behind schedule, Johns might have scripted this month ago and not adjusted for resent developments.

Ultimate Member

Ha, Golden Pharoah is actually a character now, and not just an action figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Doomsday Clock is set eight months in the future, so we don't know if Dragonson is still affiliated with the JLC by that point.

The cynicism in the teams is really interesting, and shows how beaten down the DCU is at that point. The JLE has a serial killer among its members!
    The Thief of Art ? It's the only one I can't find on wiki or anything. Also, I can't help but find kind of funny that JL Europe is basically JL France apparently

Edit : also... Vostok is somehow alive ! He was among The Others during New 52, now he seems to be back to Mother Russia while he died in the run. Strange, since Johns was at the Wheel at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The Thief of Art ? It's the only one I can't find on wiki or anything. Also, I can't help but find kind of funny that JL Europe is basically JL France apparently

Edit : also... Vostok is somehow alive ! He was among The Others during New 52, now he seems to be back to Mother Russia while he died in the run. Strange, since Johns was at the Wheel at that time.
    I think a second Vostok appeared later on.