Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

As a fan of the Rebirth run and all that it entails, even I understand the pre MOS status quo can't go on indefinitely.Between Convergence, the Lois and Clark series and the double shipping Action and Superman runs We've had the equivalent of over 4 and a half years worth of stories in little over under years. It's frankly time to rethink that aspect of this universe a little bit and find a new angle to tackle it from. Again that's the only thing i am getting from what Bendis is saying and so far doing.
I agree, I simply don't want the family dynamic dropped. The core of Clark, Lois and Jon is all I really want to be held over. Superman doesn't need to be focused entirely on raising his son for the next ten years, but he should remain married and with a son. That development has worked very well for the character and provides a lot of great potential stories for DC as a whole. Based on what he's said and what we've seen so far, Bendis agrees. I don't think he's trying to dismantle anything so much as tell a story about it in a rough patch, and that's fine! I just don't want it to ultimately dismantle what Rebirth moved Heaven and Earth to establish (which Bendis doesn't seem intent on doing).

I'm giving the current team the benefit of the doubt. So far it's been a good read and I'm excited to see what happens next... Though we're being spoiled right now and will have to go back to two issues a month soon and that'll be hard!