Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
Well...issue #3. Another fine issue.

Spoilers ahead!

Bullet points...

1) Goodbye Post-Rebirth Kandor. That was kind of a shocking moment that I hadn't considered or thought about with all the other stuff going on. There's probably an "out" that we don't see yet, but wow. Elevates the current threat.In the same vein...

2) R.I.P. Kelex. Again he'll probably be rebuilt at some point but it was sad to see the little guy get ripped apart.

3)Batman! Well used. Has one of my favorite dialogue bits the entire issue.

4)SUPERGIRL! Already a big fan of how Bendis writes her and Clark together. It's nice to see their old Pre-Crisis closeness return for real.

5)That art! Three issues in and it's still gorgeous work. Not a let down at all in that department.

6) Next issue seems to be where the fight between our heroes and our baddie happens.

7) As for Lois and Jon...no concrete answers yet...except some semi confirmation via dialogue between Kal and Kara that Lois and Jon are safe. Bendis is still teasing us on that regard. As it stands I doubt we will get any answers about their whereabouts until issue #6.
Issue #2, while really good, didn't click for me the way issue #1 did. Felt like it meandered just a little bit. But then here comes issue 3 to punch me in the gut and say "fool! How dare you doubt Bendis on Superman!" (lol)

Ok, dramatics aside, I'm so happy the naysayers leading up to MoS #1 didn't sway me from this, because this issue was #&%ing awesome. I agree with your points...we will probably find out this Kandor was a fake all along, or that Rogol somehow transported the residents before destroying the city. But until some twist reveal comes later, Kandor is GONE and look at the balls on Bendis to go there! The bottled city is such a big part of Superman iconography, and he went there. I hate speaking like a teenager, but that was BAD ASS.

Superman's reaction was heartbreaking...as he tries to mutter "it was my job to protect them", he also hears Jon's voice in the back of his mind...the situation with Lois & Jon weighs heavily on him still, and in one earth-shattering moment Superman discovers that for all his powers, he can't truly protect anyone. Not his family, who have to (presumably) go in hiding. Not his people, who depended on the Last Son to somehow restore them. He's failed, and the way Bendis portrays it is terrifying.

I don't read Supergirl, but I loved her reaction here. "Has the dead guy introduced himself yet?" Loved it.

The man in the pod at Lois & Clark's is bald, but didn't Oz/Jor-El have half a head of hair?

I called out Moore as being the arsonist to get Superman's attention back when issue #1 came out. I stand by that, especially now. She's going to eventually want credit for her work, and she's going to want everyone to know that number is actually 2 more than what the public thinks it is.

Anyone else think issue #4 will pick up after the stabbing in the pages from Action 1000?