Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Default MAN OF STEEL (2018) Event mini-series Discussion thread (SPOILERS)

So...here we go. MOS #1 by Bendis.

There WILL be spoilers as people will be discussing this and the other forthcoming issues of MOS, So be warned.

So since I've just read it I decided to say a few words to get the ball rolling. I have a limited amount of time as i'm writing this when I should be getting ready for work, so if anyone wants to post a synopsis, feel free.

What did I think of it?

It was...good. Not blow my mind good. Not ' ohmigod' greatest thing ever...but a good solid strong beginning.

The thing that stands out the most in this other than the art ( which is freaking fantastic) is the voices for all the characters. They are all distinct and I really like them all. We don't see Jon and Lois much this issue, but the page or two we have them, Bendis nails the voices. I think people will breathe a sigh of relief because they are in good hands.Yeah, they are playing up the " where are Lois and Jon?" mystery angle up a bit, but I think this issue more or less starts to confirm certain theories about their whereabouts.

All in all...this was a good start. Looking forward to next week.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 05-30-2018 at 01:39 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.