Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253

Did you listen to Bendis Word Balloon interview? He's looking at al lot of the emotional truths behind the Imaginary Stories of the past (Whatever Happened being one of the most famous ever). I feel like people forget that Superman and Lois are currently living their Imaginary Story lives with the marriage and child, so Bendis adding to that from that stand point is very fascinating.
    Yeah I saw that, I like that mindset going into working with the relationship.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

According to Bendis, when Lois comes back, she doesn't return to Clark.

https://www.newsarama.com/40731-bria...an-launch.html

My first thought: blackmail.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    My first thought: blackmail.
    That, or trying to make it appear to the Planet crew that they've been through a rough patch. I had a little theory that someone from work decides to check in on Clark at the apartment and can't find a trace of Lois or Jon, forcing Clark into a cover story that requires Lois to be away long-term.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    According to Bendis, when Lois comes back, she doesn't return to Clark.

https://www.newsarama.com/40731-bria...an-launch.html
    Maybe she's just really focused on finishing the novel about space while it's on her mind

Extraordinary Member

Has anyone considered making a speculation thread about what Lois whispers to Clark in #6?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Has anyone considered making a speculation thread about what Lois whispers to Clark in #6?
    I'm pretty sure I can guess, and it's NSFW.

Look at Jon's reaction; a kid doesn't act like that when his mother whispers in her husband's ear "I'll make the coffee when I get back."

Just to throw it out there, because of where Bendis used to work; they used the same gag in the first Avengers film with Pepper and Tony. I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis stole the scene, because I would if I were a writer.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, CBR is speculating she's pregnant again but I find that next to impossible. Jon's reaction alone doesn't really fit a line like that. She just has...plans for what they'll do when she gets back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm pretty sure I can guess, and it's NSFW.

Look at Jon's reaction; a kid doesn't act like that when his mother whispers in her husband's ear "I'll make the coffee when I get back."

Just to throw it out there, because of where Bendis used to work; they used the same gag in the first Avengers film with Pepper and Tony. I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis stole the scene, because I would if I were a writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, CBR is speculating she's pregnant again but I find that next to impossible. Jon's reaction alone doesn't really fit a line like that. She just has...plans for what they'll do when she gets back.
    Yeah, I was actually gonna throw my hat in with CBR and say that I would guess she told him she's pregnant too. Though, I suppose Jon's face doesn't necessarily scream that of someone about to be a big brother. But who knows? Maybe he's a bit weirded out that she'd spring the news at that specific moment.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Just realized - the symbol on Zaar's axe, when discussing it Hal ends up putting the emphasis on "it's a CIRCLE". Same as Zaar's former bosses. Presumably their symbol then.

Not-unrelated note: anyone else notice Zaar's basically wearing a beat-up ersatz Superman costume? Red and blue and yellow with a cape, but the colors are all elsewhere. Hell, if we can take the circle as his symbol, it's something curvy with a symbol made up of hard lines contained inside it (a pair of lightning bolts that when 'drawn' by Superman in #5 kind of look like a pair of S's), rather than an angular shape containing a curvy symbol.
    Buh-bye

Based on the cover solicits, was I the only one who went in thinking we'd get an updated history of Superman?
    The covers showed a history of Superman's life through the years...but the story really gave us none of that.
    The only "update" on his history since the Rebirth reset was the early Rebirth two page spread that covered things at a very high level.
    I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the mini because of this, but I honestly hopeful we WOULD get a Byrne-type retelling of the major events in one form or another.

There is currently a lot to reconcile between pre-52, nu52, Lois & Clark mini.
    Potentially a lot of nu52 is still IN, but we still don't really know.
    For example:
    Morrison's early t-shirt Superman gives way to the post COIE history (minus the Kents, and with the different Kara history),...followed by birth of Jon and then the nu52 history (with the adjustment that Clark and Lois were married during these adventures, rather than broken up), segueing into the Rebirth stories.

Anyway, just curious if that was anybody else's expectation going in?

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Based on the cover solicits, was I the only one who went in thinking we'd get an updated history of Superman?
    The covers showed a history of Superman's life through the years...but the story really gave us none of that.
    The only "update" on his history since the Rebirth reset was the early Rebirth two page spread that covered things at a very high level.
    I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the mini because of this, but I honestly hopeful we WOULD get a Byrne-type retelling of the major events in one form or another.

There is currently a lot to reconcile between pre-52, nu52, Lois & Clark mini.
    Potentially a lot of nu52 is still IN, but we still don't really know.
    For example:
    Morrison's early t-shirt Superman gives way to the post COIE history (minus the Kents, and with the different Kara history),...followed by birth of Jon and then the nu52 history (with the adjustment that Clark and Lois were married during these adventures, rather than broken up), segueing into the Rebirth stories.

Anyway, just curious if that was anybody else's expectation going in?
    People were wondering if he'd talk about the origin, but I think that got shut down. I believe Bendis or Reis clarified that the covers were just meant to be a collection of Superman's "greatest hits" as it were.