Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Lol the Fortress of Solitude between issue 3 and 4

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Except the panels Bendis showed that Clark was reluctant to let Jon go with Jor-El it can't be anything like that.
    Those panels looked more like Clark was convincing Jon to go with Jor-El after hearing Jor-El's case.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Those panels looked more like Clark was convincing Jon to go with Jor-El after hearing Jor-El's case.
    That's not the vibe I got when Clark looked at Jon and Jon glared back at him. Also your theory is a little off base because Clark has means to contact them that's not the sign of anything that bad.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-20-2018 at 02:20 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Yeah, I probably should'nt jump to conclusions

I'm just trying to place the continuity of everything...the only reason I think Lois is mad at Clark is because of the AC solicits and images teased by Bendis where Lois is alone in a room looking glum, and the solicit saying she sides with Lex Luthor in September (which could be a fake-out, we'll see)

However, we don't know where Lois is in the Superman title, which is more the "super feat" series. Seeing as Zaar continues to make appearances there, it's possible Superman takes place immediately after Man of Steel and Lois did indeed go off-world with Jon, but when she returns for the Action Comics stuff (which is set way after Superman events) she's upset about something Jon-related (maybe his accelerated growth?)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-20-2018 at 02:23 AM.

But it doesn't say she "sides with Lex Luthor." It asks what is she doing with him, and that could imply a number of things, and be a number of misdirects.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Yeah, I probably should'nt jump to conclusions

I'm just trying to place the continuity of everything...the only reason I think Lois is mad at Clark is because of the AC solicits and images teased by Bendis where Lois is alone in a room looking glum, and the solicit saying she sides with Lex Luthor in September (which could be a fake-out, we'll see)

However, we don't know where Lois is in the Superman title, which is more the "super feat" series. Seeing as Zaar continues to make appearances there, it's possible Superman takes place immediately after Man of Steel and Lois did indeed go off-world with Jon, but when she returns for the Action Comics stuff (which is set way after Superman events) she's upset about something Jon-related (maybe his accelerated growth?)
    For all we know it could that Lois might be making a deal with Lex to find out who bought the Daily Planet if it's not him like it was back in Post-Crisis or it could be Lois feeling anxious about leaving Jon with Jor-El for who knows exactly how long. And like Superlad said the solicitations do not necessarily imply Lois sides with Luthor.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was quite impressed by this issue. Bendis keeps managing to orchestrate some really interesting sequences that rely as much on character and emotion as they do on spectacle. Maguire's action and nearly unparalleled talent for body language and facial expressions were some of his best. The sequence where Clark saves the woman from the falling pole was a particular delight.

Hal calling himself the GL of this sector threw me at first when he's been an Honor Guard for a while, but given Hal's fondness for Earth, I think he would always consider himself Earth's resident GL no matter how many other responsibilities he has. And with Simon MIA and Jessica off in space, it's also possible that Hal has assumed their old duties in addition to his Honor Guard gig.

Thinking about it more, seems kind of uncharacteristically sloppy of Bendis' Superman to use the solar flare ability while fighting alone against a guy of comparable or greater strength. He's out of power or at least lessened quite a bit after. But then again, Bendis has made it (in this issue too) clear that Clark is off his game because of his mind being elsewhere with his family, and Zaar makes a pretty direct call out to them. Plus, the flare ability is in part based on emotions.

Wonder if he'll use the weapons in the Fortr-- oh yeah, guess not lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But it doesn't say she "sides with Lex Luthor." It asks what is she doing with him, and that could imply a number of things, and be a number of misdirects.
    Perhaps.

I think our previous theories are right and that both Lois and Jon are off-world and will be for the majority of the Superman title (Lois travels with Jon and Jor-El) but Lois comes back alone shortly after in the Action Comics timeline and it's possible she is upset that Clark couldn't communicate with them via the crystals because of Zarr

No idea what she's up to with Lex, but yeah, I think the solicit isn't what it appears to be.

Also, I'm unclear, but it seems to be implying that Zaar's staff is his power source, and it in turn is powered by the sun rather than him directly being powered by the sun.
    If this is true then it makes it more interesting that Kara uses it in her book.

Perhaps.

I think our previous theories are right and that both Lois and Jon are off-world and will be for the majority of the Superman title (Lois travels with Jon and Jor-El) but Lois comes back alone shortly after in the Action Comics timeline and it's possible she is upset that Clark couldn't communicate with them via the crystals because of Zarr
    Not really following your logic on why Lois has to be upset with Clark though. There's not really anything to indicate that right now. That pic from Action Comics could very well be writer's block given that the page was blank. Or it's a flashback or a misdirect.

I've personally given all my theories a rest, and have reserved myself to just enjoy the next two weeks as they come.

BANNED

Not really following your logic on why Lois has to be upset with Clark though.
    Her only son's been taken from her and she may not have any contact with him for a long time. She's not just going to no-sell it. She's going to want to blame someone.

Her only son's been taken from her and she may not have any contact with him for a long time. She's not just going to no-sell it. She's going to want to blame someone.
    Sure, in theory. But it seems odd to blame Clark who is also pretty darn broken up about his only son not being with him too. That's a sure-fire way to make her unlikable (especially when it looks like Clark in no way wants the current situation), and I doubt that's the play here.

So I don't see the logic.

BANNED

Sure, in theory. But it seems odd to blame Clark who is also pretty darn broken up about his only son not being with him too. That's a sure-fire way to make her unlikable (especially when it looks like Clark in no way wants the current situation), and I doubt that's the play here.

So I don't see the logic.
    Lois has had stints where she's been written as unlikable during the marriage.

And this is Bendis, the man who can simultaneously write a great Mary Jane yet turn Scarlet Witch into a genocidal maniac

Look, I know people want to hold on to hope via Bendis' interviews that he won't mess with the marriage, but that could very well have been misdirection just so the shock from the reader is pretty raw when it becomes evident that's exactly what he's doing. The Superman group editor already said Bendis was giving the marriage plenty of "drama" (coupled with an admission he doesn't even like the marriage). After a while, there's only so many teases and hints you can get before you start theorizing something is up and that you're not going to like how it goes.

There is less logic in denial.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-20-2018 at 03:20 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Thinking about it more, seems kind of uncharacteristically sloppy of Bendis' Superman to use the solar flare ability while fighting alone against a guy of comparable or greater strength. He's out of power or at least lessened quite a bit after. But then again, Bendis has made it (in this issue too) clear that Clark is off his game because of his mind being elsewhere with his family, and Zaar makes a pretty direct call out to them. Plus, the flare ability is in part based on emotions.

Wonder if he'll use the weapons in the Fortr-- oh yeah, guess not lol
    I think it's an ambiguous scene as Zaar had also been using that power signature (and now we know he's sun powered as well) and was poised to strike. It could be the return of the flare, since it was really about scrapped, or just Zaar.

Lois has had stints where she's been written as unlikable during the marriage.

And this is Bendis, the man who can simultaneously write a great Mary Jane yet turn Scarlet Witch into a genocidal maniac

Look, I know people want to hold on to hope via Bendis' interviews that he won't mess with the marriage, but that could very well have been misdirection just so the shock from the reader is pretty raw when it becomes evident that's exactly what he's doing. The Superman group editor already said Bendis was giving the marriage plenty of "drama" (coupled with an admission he doesn't even like the marriage). After a while, there's only so many teases and hints you can get before you start theorizing something is up and that you're not going to like how it goes.

There is less logic in denial.
    I dunno, it just seems like you're gonna work yourself all up over a bit of speculation over a black and white wordless and contextless page from a book that's not even out, a super vague solicitation, and the unrelated personal feelings of an editor who already said his personal feelings aren't affecting the book about a married Superman. So, I don't see why you wanna zero-in on one line of thinking when the prologue (this book is a prologue if nothing else) isn't even done.

Don't really see how I'm in denial when I'm just not willing to jump to conclusions when all I have to go on is the above. That's why I don't see the logic.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-20-2018 at 03:40 AM.