Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Yeah, I'm sorry, I always assume the worst and that may just be what they want from me

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Great issue. Cool to see the super flare technique again! Really like how Bendis has been slowly unveiling what happens to clark and lois, but not doing so too annoyingly. Guess next issue will be the end of the rogal zaar feud till Superman starts, since issue 6 focuses on Jor El and what happens to Jon & Lois.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Great issue. Cool to see the super flare technique again! Really like how Bendis has been slowly unveiling what happens to clark and lois, but not doing so too annoyingly. Guess next issue will be the end of the rogal zaar feud till Superman starts, since issue 6 focuses on Jor El and what happens to Jon & Lois.
    Issue six was confimed on Instagram as a double-sized edition, meaning we'll get more than just what happened to Lois and Jon, we'll likely get the cliffhanger that ties directly into the start of Superman with the Earth thrown into the phantom zone

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Issue six was confimed on Instagram as a double-sized edition, meaning we'll get more than just what happened to Lois and Jon, we'll likely get the cliffhanger that ties directly into the start of Superman with the Earth thrown into the phantom zone
    Double sized issue of Fabok art is too good to be true..

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Another exciting issue with wonderful art. I genuinely wasn't expecting the solar flare, and like others I was a bit bothered that they didn't acknowledge that Jor-El has met the family before all this. That and Hal being the primary Earth GL shows Bendis playing continuity a bit loose, but it wasn't too bad.

As with each issue thus far, the art is phenomenal.

I understand Miles to Go's frustrations, I prefer some of my superheroes married and it does seem like that does get put under duress a lot, but frankly it works to keep us interested. Am I worried in general for the DCU? Kind of. I don't completely trust everyone upstairs, but for right now, Superman is in good hands until proven otherwise. I can feel uneasy, but a compelling narrative can often do that. In fact, they're celebrated because they can give us a run for our emotional money.

I'm reminded of when we thought Lois's leg got severed in Black Dawn and all leaking material, be it panels or otherwise, seemed to point in that direction. Then issue #25 came out and it was all a ruse. Didio I don't trust due to a history of making awful decisions. King I'm still unsure about overall because he has his hits, he has his misses. So far, the worst thing Bendis has done was Action #1000, which was just a forgettable fight scene to function as a trailer. DC Nation I don't recall anything other than how lovely JLGL's art still is, and Man of Steel 1-4 have been wonderful. He's getting the benefit of the doubt for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Another exciting issue with wonderful art. I genuinely wasn't expecting the solar flare, and like others I was a bit bothered that they didn't acknowledge that Jor-El has met the family before all this. That and Hal being the primary Earth GL shows Bendis playing continuity a bit loose, but it wasn't too bad.

As with each issue thus far, the art is phenomenal.

I understand Miles to Go's frustrations, I prefer some of my superheroes married and it does seem like that does get put under duress a lot, but frankly it works to keep us interested.
    Am I worried in general for the DCU? Kind of. I don't completely trust everyone upstairs, but for right now, Superman is in good hands until proven otherwise. I can feel uneasy, but a compelling narrative can often do that. In fact, they're celebrated because they can give us a run for our emotional money.

I'm reminded of when we thought Lois's leg got severed in Black Dawn and all leaking material, be it panels or otherwise, seemed to point in that direction. Then issue #25 came out and it was all a ruse. Didio I don't trust due to a history of making awful decisions. King I'm still unsure about overall because he has his hits, he has his misses. So far, the worst thing Bendis has done was Action #1000, which was just a forgettable fight scene to function as a trailer. DC Nation I don't recall anything other than how lovely JLGL's art still is, and Man of Steel 1-4 have been wonderful. He's getting the benefit of the doubt for now.
    This is my reaction to it as well. Bendis has made it clear fans of the couple and Jon don't need to be worried, so i don't see why people get worried at everything that happens. I'm glad to see some drama shake up the marriage, just so in the end, we are reminded of how much we love Clark and Lois and how they can survive anything.

Master Hero Vladimir

While the issue loses some momentum thanks to Bendis' trademark witty banter (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), it was enjoyable nonetheless. I was genuinely interested in the battle because it shows Superman and Rogol are just as smart as they are strong; as both learn from each other during the brawl. I guess this is the point where the story catches up to where Action Comics #1000 left off, but I'm still confused as to how did Superman survive getting stabbed in the torso.

I'm glad it was Jor-El who took Jon away, instead of a completely new character. After the events of The Oz Effect, maybe this is a chance for Jor-El to make up for his actions and to have a chance to reconnect with his family.

I don't think Superman would destroy the Fortress in a fit of rage. Maybe he realized Rogol could salvage something from the Fortress and Superman would destroy it if it means Rogol not using the Fortress's technology against him. Don't get me wrong; his anger is understandable but Superman is not exactly the kind of person who lets his anger affect his objective thinking, unless something has genuinely pissed him off, which Rogol seems to be doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This is my reaction to it as well. Bendis has made it clear fans of the couple and Jon don't need to be worried, so i don't see why people get worried at everything that happens. I'm glad to see some drama shake up the marriage, just so in the end, we are reminded of how much we love Clark and Lois and how they can survive anything.
    Bendis has lied many times over the years, yet you trust him when he tells you "not to be worried?"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Bendis has lied many times over the years, yet you trust him when he tells you "not to be worried?"
    I wasn't reading those stories so I can't say much on that. Maybe he's turned away from that, maybe it's an exaggeration. Right now I'm enjoying his work. If he shits the bed, I won't make excuses for him. That hasn't happened, though, quite the opposite.

Yes, I'm not a pessimist and it's pretty easy to tell when someone is covering up something to not spoil a story and also being genuine. I've listened and read several interviews Bendis has done on Superman and it's clear he has appreciation for Lois and while there will be tension, there is no reason to expect a divorce.

BANNED

Promises of "unconventional family values", Lois doing something with Lex Luthor, Jon aged up...all these things are designed to keep fans worried all year long during this saga, so yeah, there's that.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

The concern is understandable but all in all let's remember it's just fiction no one needs to get so upset you would want firebomb Bendis's house or something.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

So I guess there's the real possibility now that Lois never leaves at all. I always figured whatever Jor-El's particular motive, it revolved around Jon, which is confirmed here, but I thought Lois would demand to go too. In fact I'm still hoping as such as I still think the story possibilities there are very intriguing. But its looking less and less likely now. I mean, if Lois is still around though, why the big secret about where Lois is? I mean if they are on the outs, while obviously embarrassing and really no one's business insofar as the details, it still doesn't quite fit the secret nature of things as its appeared before now. I mean if its just Jon who leaves, there's any number of reasonable lies Clark could tell, like he's at camp or he's with his grandfather (Sam) or something. So yeah, very possible Lois doesn't go too but still lots of questions in the meantime.

It took me till coming here to realize that Superman used the flare. I'd kinda forgotten all about it, don't know why, its not that old but it still didn't register right away. I wonder if the destruction of the Fortress has something to do with the Earth going into the Phantom Zone? Maybe Zaar set up some sort of booby trap anticipating Superman would destroy the place with them inside it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So I guess there's the real possibility now that Lois never leaves at all. I always figured whatever Jor-El's particular motive, it revolved around Jon, which is confirmed here, but I thought Lois would demand to go too. In fact I'm still hoping as such as I still think the story possibilities there are very intriguing. But its looking less and less likely now. I mean, if Lois is still around though, why the big secret about where Lois is? I mean if they are on the outs, while obviously embarrassing and really no one's business insofar as the details, it still doesn't quite fit the secret nature of things as its appeared before now. I mean if its just Jon who leaves, there's any number of reasonable lies Clark could tell, like he's at camp or he's with his grandfather (Sam) or something. So yeah, very possible Lois doesn't go too but still lots of questions in the meantime.
    That's why I'm making the case that Lois does initially go with Jon and the events of Superman come after Man of Steel almost instantly, and Action Comics takes place at a later date where Lois comes back possibly without Jon (because he's aged up) and we go from there

But that's just me trying not to think of the likely situation that Lois leaves Clark after he lets Jon go with Oz...but then, given we learn in this issue Clark could communicate with Jon and Jor-El via the fortress crystals (until Zaar severed the link) there lies the question "why doesn't Lois stick with him so she can just use that to check on her son?"
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-20-2018 at 10:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Promises of "unconventional family values", Lois doing something with Lex Luthor, Jon aged up...all these things are designed to keep fans worried all year long during this saga, so yeah, there's that.
    Precisely. I don't like being toyed with myself, which is what Bendis said he's doing in an interview with CBR. I'd rather great stories and art with creators who respect the material and the fans who pay their salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    The concern is understandable but all in all let's remember it's just fiction no one needs to get so upset you would want firebomb Bendis's house or something.
    This is how people with legitimate concerns over stories or the behavior of creators get painted in a bad light. Never ONCE did I even suggest violence toward Bendis. I don't know him as a person and therefore have nothing personal against him. I'm also not insane or mentally disturbed and therefore have no desire to harm him or any other creator. I believe that a creator working on an iconic character with almost a century-long legacy should respect that character and its mythos and the fans who wish to see them preserved. I've been reading comics for thirty years and Bendis' work for half of that time. He has a long history of lying in interviews and toying with fans and also screwing around with continuity and crapping on characters for the sake of shock value or his own political ideology. I'll not tolerate either when it comes to Superman and I am indeed entitled to criticize the work of creators who mistreat a character that will outlive them and the fans who make it possible for said creators to have the PRIVILEGE of working on such iconic characters.